[APP][7.0+] Tile Shortcuts - Quick settings apps & shortcuts, with real app icons

Search This thread

TomBayley1

Dec 15, 2014
play.google.com

app-icon-t-circles-circle-small.png

Tile Shortcuts - Quick settings apps & shortcuts

Quickly open apps, shortcuts & websites, directly from your notification shade with icons that fit in perfectly!

Download from the Play Store here

How is this app different to other similar apps?
Other apps do not use the real app icon in the quick settings tile.
Instead, they replace the app icon with a letter or generic image.
This app uses the real app icon for the quick settings tile, making it easier for you to identify the apps & shortcuts you want to open.

8f9c28e2dc.png

SHORTCUT TILES
Apps
App shortcuts
URLs
Intents
Activities (coming soon)

TILE CUSTOMIZATION
Use the real app icon for the icon in the notification shade
Choose your own icons
Select an icon from an Icon Pack
Use actual website icons for URL tiles
Name the Tile whatever you want

TUTORIAL
youtu.be/420j_OsBLDw
Create a tile in the app (remember the number under the newly created tile name)
Open your quick settings panel and tap the edit button
Move the tile you just created (with the matching number) up into the active section of your quick settings panel
You can now use the tile!
If the tiles still do not show in your quick settings panel, this is because your device manufacturer has not included the functionality. This is not an issue with the app.

BOTTOM QUICK SETTINGS & MIUI-ify INTEGRATION
Tiles created in this app are usable in Bottom Quick Settings and MIUI-ify, allowing you to create custom icons for shortcuts

LINKS
Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tombayley.tileshortcuts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/tombayleyapps
Telegram: https://t.me/TileShortcuts
FAQ: https://tombayley.dev/apps/tile-shortcuts/faq/
Email: support@tombayley.dev

Last edited:

Silakos

Dec 6, 2019
I understand what app, shortcut and url are. What is INTENT?

Can I make a shortcut that rotates the phone to left landscape, portrait or right landscape? Will I be able in the future?

D

Deleted member 9562014

Can I make a shortcut that rotates the phone to left landscape, portrait or right landscape? Will I be able in the future?
For accessing or launching a certain app rapidly. One example, could be a quick search from your web browser, an another would to launch the calculator.

TomBayley1

Dec 15, 2014
play.google.com

That may be a possibility in the future if enough people request it.
But there are plenty of other apps on the play store that give you system tiles such as screen rotation already.

This app more focuses on shortcuts to apps etc with customizable icons

TomBayley1

Dec 15, 2014
play.google.com
Update! Version 1.1.0
- Added translations for Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
- Interface improvements and bug fixes

The next update will allow adding Activities as shortcuts too

FerroFlux

Jun 30, 2008
Kingston
Hey! Great app and I've purchased the pro version. Any chance of adding a folder option? By this I mean a way to add various apps and/or shortcuts to a folder under a single tile? I'd like this to have, for example, a weather folder that can be opened with a single tile.
Cheers and great work!

Reactions: Rajarshi Khatua

TomBayley1

Dec 15, 2014
play.google.com
Hey! Great app and I've purchased the pro version. Any chance of adding a folder option? By this I mean a way to add various apps and/or shortcuts to a folder under a single tile? I'd like this to have, for example, a weather folder that can be opened with a single tile.
Cheers and great work!

Good Idea! Thanks for supporting the app. I'll add that feature to my list ?

thiranja

Oct 9, 2018
Ratnapura
Definitely try to add folder option, I was planning for an app where we can make shortcuts for folders, but it will be very nice to have the same functionality with this app.

brijlalrana

Dec 24, 2019
Hi, App is Superb, I'm a pro user of app, please guide me how I can add more than 20 tiles in Activate Tiles...?
Brijlal Rana from Noida India

R3dF1v3

Dec 4, 2006
Birmingham
Can I use this to create a quick settings shortcut to show/hide my phone number on calls? I'd buy it just for that. Otherwise, can anyone suggest an app that does?

uk_oneplus

Feb 15, 2020
Hi there,
I've purchased the Premium version, but when I try to create a 'Activity' using 'Shortcut', I get the message "An error occurred".

shockreaction

Dec 13, 2012
Does this have a NFC on/off toggle? It's a feature that I've been sorely missing since it got removed from the default set of icons in the notification shade.

jack5d

Jan 23, 2009
Best app! But i don't understand why slowly to open app one more time... (Samsung s10e) impossible utilize good ....

steezysinner

Mar 2, 2020
Mobile Data Tile

Hi not sure if I misunderstood but I paid for the full app hoping to get a toggle on/off Mobile Data tile. Is there any? :confused:

TomBayley1

Dec 15, 2014
play.google.com
Hi there,
I've purchased the Premium version, but when I try to create a 'Activity' using 'Shortcut', I get the message "An error occurred".

Thanks for the info.
I'll fix this in the next update.

Does this have a NFC on/off toggle? It's a feature that I've been sorely missing since it got removed from the default set of icons in the notification shade.

This app is designed for shortcuts like apps and websites.
The apps: Tiles, Shortcutter, and Quick Settings can probably do this.

Best app! But i don't understand why slowly to open app one more time... (Samsung s10e) impossible utilize good ....

Unfortunately this is because Android places this delay sometimes.
If the app is not open and you are not on the home screen, the app should open instantly.

Hi not sure if I misunderstood but I paid for the full app hoping to get a toggle on/off Mobile Data tile. Is there any? :confused:

See my 2nd comment above.
What was it that made you think this app had a Mobile Data tile?
If you want a refund, just send an email to support@tombayley.dev :)

Top Liked Posts