FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP/TOOL][ICS+] Brightness Slider Control in notification panel - No root needed!

420 posts
Thanks Meter: 106

Post Reply Email Thread
THIS IS THE GAME CHANGER!

This app is made for the devices which do not have the brightness adjustment slider in the notification panel. This app brings a similar slider to the notification panel in the form of a notification. Brightness Slider Control aims to mimic the functionality of those sliders/controllers found in Samsung, Motorola, Nexus and other devices and delivers it to those devices which do not have this functionality e.g HTC phones.

But due to some technical limitations imposed by Android OS, it is not possible to mimic the exact behavior of sliding. So in this app we can "touch" the slider panel to change brightness but we cannot "slide" it. The default behavior of every ordinary notification is that the user dismisses it by sliding to right or left. We cannot replace this functionality with our own. So unless Android allows it, we can only use the "touch" gesture.

You are strongly encouraged to report any issue and submit your precious suggestions on this thread.

Download:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ghtnesscontrol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2016-05-01-190021.jpg
Views:	750
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	3736546   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2016-05-01-190105.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	3736547   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2016-05-01-194825.png
Views:	696
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	3736548   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2016-05-01-194913.png
Views:	602
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	3736549   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2016-05-01-190825.png
Views:	578
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	3736550   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2016-05-01-192124.png
Views:	572
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	3736551  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to usman farhat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift usman farhat Ad-Free

1st May 2016, 07:17 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
On the HTC M9 the app asks for you to give it permission to change settings. I don't know how to do that as my phone is stock and not rooted

Sent from my HTC One M9 using XDA-Developers mobile app
2nd May 2016, 07:44 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B. East

On the HTC M9 the app asks for you to give it permission to change settings. I don't know how to do that as my phone is stock and not rooted

Are you on Marshmallow? I will try to upload another version which might solve the problem. I don't own a marshmallow device so I will have to download an emulator for this purpose.
2nd May 2016, 04:28 PM |#4  

More
Yes I'm on Marshmallows, this app would come in very handy for me, hope you manage to get out working on Marshmallows

2nd May 2016, 07:13 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi

More
Quote:

Yes I'm on Marshmallows, this app would come in very handy for me, hope you manage to get out working on Marshmallows

I'll hopefully upload an update tomorrow which should fix this problem by asking permission before installation like on pre marshmallow devices. And maybe I'll also manage to give option to hide notification icon.
3rd May 2016, 12:02 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by usman farhat

This app is made for the devices which do not have the brightness adjustment slider in the notification panel. This app brings a similar slider to the notification panel in the form of a notification. Brightness Slider Control aims to mimic the functionality of those sliders/controllers found in Samsung, Motorola, Nexus and other devices and delivers it to those devices which do not have this functionality e.g HTC phones.

But due to some technical limitations imposed by Android OS, it is not possible to mimic the exact behavior of sliding. So in this app we can "touch" the slider panel to change brightness but we cannot "slide" it. The default behavior of every ordinary notification is that the user dismisses it by sliding to right or left. We cannot replace this functionality with our own. So unless Android allows it, we can only use the "touch" gesture.

You are strongly encouraged to report any issue and submit your precious suggestions on this thread.

Download:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ghtnesscontrol

I request someone with a Marshmallow device to see if the app asks for permission. I do not own a Marshmallow device yet.

I have uploaded the update. It will reach you in some hours.
This time it should properly ask your permission to change settings in Marshmallow devices. Please tell me if it works.
3rd May 2016, 05:11 PM |#7  

More
Working fine now on my M9 stock Marshmallows, great job

The Following User Says Thank You to B. East For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift B. East Ad-Free
5th May 2016, 02:55 AM |#8  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Loving the app. Would it be possible to add an option to only show the notification on the lockscreen? Would be handy for outdoor use even if we don't always need an ongoing notification.
5th May 2016, 08:47 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerroFlux

Loving the app. Would it be possible to add an option to only show the notification on the lockscreen? Would be handy for outdoor use even if we don't always need an ongoing notification.

I think it's possible, but it'll require a lot of coding. It is a good idea.
Maybe i'll add this option in the future, but I can't promise.
5th May 2016, 10:01 PM |#10  

More
Would you think about adding start a boot option.

6th May 2016, 08:25 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi

More
Quote:

Would you think about adding start a boot option.

Definitely. I could have updated it by now but I fell ill and I couldn't use the laptop. I'll try to update it maybe by Sunday.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brightness, control, hack, slider, widget

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)