FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] [4.3+] UbikiTouch - Gestures and automation App

72 posts
Thanks Meter: 58

By toneiv, Member on 16th May 2019, 12:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from toneiv: UbikiTouch allows you to define your own actions for each of your favorite applications
11th June 2019, 05:55 PM |#241  
Thanks Meter: 947

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toneiv

I didn't know this application, it's interesting.
I can study this option: so after a certain distance, the action is started and the menu closes itself, is that it?
In this case how is the long touch supported? You have to not exceed the configured distance and wait ?

Yes, I think that the app works the way you describe.

I write this because I found the long touch trigger to be unreliable on that app, so I backed up using just short swipes on different directions, and the quick-trigger feature made it work fast.

Another application which I purchased and find to be very interesting is Swiftly Switch, which combines recents and navigation facilities in a sort-of-pie mechanism.

12th June 2019, 01:49 PM |#242  
OP Member

More
Changelog v0.9.4
  • "Recent apps" fixed to be faster
  • Added shortcuts to make automation functions accessible to third-party applications
  • Various corrections in translations
  • Bug fix for "Protected Apps" setting on Huawei phones
  • Various bug fixes

Playstore
The Following User Says Thank You to toneiv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toneiv Ad-Free
12th June 2019, 03:49 PM |#243  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisckkytt

Please check out FNG app which got a slider to adjust size (make bigger/smaller in length) of the handle (trigger area) & a location slider to set position of it (where the trigger will be placed)

I would like to see similar as well. Have separate Trigger area thickness and height ratio's for bottom and sides. This way, I could make the bottom 100% wide and the sides 40%, etc.
12th June 2019, 05:30 PM |#244  

More
Phone Settings
UbikiTouch does not function when in phone Settings. I imagine this is by OS design. Suggestion would be to 'pause' UT during this time and re-enable default Navbar.

Edit: Bottom trigger working, side triggers are not.
12th June 2019, 07:40 PM |#245  

More
Bottom Trigger not always accurate
When using the bottom trigger...if I swipe left when my finger is close to the left edge of the trigger area, I notice that UT thinks I am trying to swipe up. It then takes a couple swipes to get the left swipe to execute properly.

In the below recording, I am using the bottom-left trigger to go back; bottom-up is Home & App Drawer.

Screen recording:

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Appears UT uses a lot of power in the background. See screenshot. Used 17% of my battery power in under 5 hours from full power.

UT Battery
12th June 2019, 07:53 PM |#246  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableghost

Edit: Bottom trigger working, side triggers are not.

It's strange. Have you tried to push the size of the borders as far as possible? Do you use any other software that could cover this area?
12th June 2019, 07:55 PM |#247  
OP Member

More
Quote:

When using the bottom trigger...if I swipe left when my finger is close to the left edge of the trigger area, I notice that UT thinks I am trying to swipe up. It then takes a couple swipes to get the left swipe to execute properly.

It is not completely inconsistent. To detect a movement to the left or right, Ubikitouch calculates the movement from the origin point. If you do not have space to perform the movement, it is not correctly detected. I am nevertheless looking to try to manage this case. (Thanks for the video, very useful!)
12th June 2019, 07:56 PM |#248  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Appears UT uses a lot of power in the background. See screenshot. Used 17% of my battery power in under 5 hours from full power.

I have tested Ubikitouch extensively on OnePlus3, Nexus 5, Nexus 6p and OnePlus6T and have never observed such consumption. It does not even appear in the list of consumer applications. Can you give me the brand of your phone so I can see if I can reproduce this behavior?
12th June 2019, 08:55 PM |#249  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toneiv

Can you give me the brand of your phone so I can see if I can reproduce this behavior?

Pardon I had not done so initially...

Samsung Note 8
Pie
Non-rooted standard ROM

Sent from my Note8

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

With 'Prevent keyboard conflicts' enabled, the side triggers move up above the keyboard, the bottom trigger ceases to function at all.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

With all permissions given, including 'System write' via ADB...upon reboot, UT is enabled and functioning, however, the default navbar is shown. I must go into the UT app and toggle off/on the 'Navbar visibility' option.

Samsung Note8
Pie OS
non-rooted standard ROM
13th June 2019, 02:48 PM |#250  
OP Member

More
Changelog v0.9.6
  • Fixed bug : trigger area length getting increased when keyboard is opened
  • Russian translation
The Following User Says Thank You to toneiv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toneiv Ad-Free
13th June 2019, 02:53 PM |#251  
OP Member

More
Quote:

With 'Prevent keyboard conflicts' enabled, the side triggers move up above the keyboard, the bottom trigger ceases to function at all.

It's on purpose, bottom edge is disabled when keyboard shows up

Quote:

With all permissions given, including 'System write' via ADB...upon reboot, UT is enabled and functioning, however, the default navbar is shown. I must go into the UT app and toggle off/on the 'Navbar visibility' option.

That's working with my OnePlus6T. Unfortunately, I have not access to a Samsung Note 8 actually, it will be difficult to find solutions without possibility to reproduce it, but I have added this to my todo list.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)