[APP] [4.3+] UbikiTouch - Gestures and automation App

Search This thread

toneiv

May 3, 2010
toneiv.eu
Changelog v0.9.4
  • "Recent apps" fixed to be faster
  • Added shortcuts to make automation functions accessible to third-party applications
  • Various corrections in translations
  • Bug fix for "Protected Apps" setting on Huawei phones
  • Various bug fixes

Playstore

Reactions: Giocarro

cableghost

Dec 22, 2010
Please check out FNG app which got a slider to adjust size (make bigger/smaller in length) of the handle (trigger area) & a location slider to set position of it (where the trigger will be placed)
I would like to see similar as well. Have separate Trigger area thickness and height ratio's for bottom and sides. This way, I could make the bottom 100% wide and the sides 40%, etc.

cableghost

Dec 22, 2010
Phone Settings

UbikiTouch does not function when in phone Settings. I imagine this is by OS design. Suggestion would be to 'pause' UT during this time and re-enable default Navbar.

Edit: Bottom trigger working, side triggers are not.

Last edited:

cableghost

Dec 22, 2010
Bottom Trigger not always accurate

When using the bottom trigger...if I swipe left when my finger is close to the left edge of the trigger area, I notice that UT thinks I am trying to swipe up. It then takes a couple swipes to get the left swipe to execute properly.

In the below recording, I am using the bottom-left trigger to go back; bottom-up is Home & App Drawer.

Screen recording: https://vimeo.com/341852792

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Appears UT uses a lot of power in the background. See screenshot. Used 17% of my battery power in under 5 hours from full power.

Eue8EOy.jpg

Last edited:

toneiv

May 3, 2010
toneiv.eu
When using the bottom trigger...if I swipe left when my finger is close to the left edge of the trigger area, I notice that UT thinks I am trying to swipe up. It then takes a couple swipes to get the left swipe to execute properly.

It is not completely inconsistent. To detect a movement to the left or right, Ubikitouch calculates the movement from the origin point. If you do not have space to perform the movement, it is not correctly detected. I am nevertheless looking to try to manage this case. (Thanks for the video, very useful!)

toneiv

May 3, 2010
toneiv.eu
Appears UT uses a lot of power in the background. See screenshot. Used 17% of my battery power in under 5 hours from full power.

I have tested Ubikitouch extensively on OnePlus3, Nexus 5, Nexus 6p and OnePlus6T and have never observed such consumption. It does not even appear in the list of consumer applications. Can you give me the brand of your phone so I can see if I can reproduce this behavior?

cableghost

Dec 22, 2010
Can you give me the brand of your phone so I can see if I can reproduce this behavior?

Pardon I had not done so initially...

Samsung Note 8
Pie
Non-rooted standard ROM

Sent from my Note8

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

With 'Prevent keyboard conflicts' enabled, the side triggers move up above the keyboard, the bottom trigger ceases to function at all.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

With all permissions given, including 'System write' via ADB...upon reboot, UT is enabled and functioning, however, the default navbar is shown. I must go into the UT app and toggle off/on the 'Navbar visibility' option.

Samsung Note8
Pie OS
non-rooted standard ROM

toneiv

May 3, 2010
toneiv.eu
With 'Prevent keyboard conflicts' enabled, the side triggers move up above the keyboard, the bottom trigger ceases to function at all.

It's on purpose, bottom edge is disabled when keyboard shows up

With all permissions given, including 'System write' via ADB...upon reboot, UT is enabled and functioning, however, the default navbar is shown. I must go into the UT app and toggle off/on the 'Navbar visibility' option.

That's working with my OnePlus6T. Unfortunately, I have not access to a Samsung Note 8 actually, it will be difficult to find solutions without possibility to reproduce it, but I have added this to my todo list.

Tisckkytt

Jun 30, 2018
Some issues...

1. Even though Autostart ubiki is turned off, when booted I can see the trigger area for a short while before it disappears.

2. Had an extreme issue where I lost all type of touch response on my system. I can see everything on the screen but nothing response when I touch, had to force reboot.

First two times were when I cleared ubiki app data & open & set up as fresh & it asked for accessibility permission, as soon as I toggled the permission, the system stopped responding to my touch.
Third time it happened when I last updated on the latest from playstore, it downloaded, installation started, touch response stopped.
The way I know system didn't freeze is when I pressed power button, power menu showed up, but I couldn't reboot from there cause touch didn't get response.

I'm on AOSP Pie ROM (AOSiP). Sorry that I could not take logs as I couldn't navigate through my system & also I don't have PC to take logs with ADB

3. Ubiki is displaying over other apps, please implement option to remove this notification. I know this is possible as I've seen other apps not to show the notification while still using draw over other apps.

Feature request: Add option to follow system vibration pattern

cableghost

Dec 22, 2010
3. Ubiki is displaying over other apps, please implement option to remove this notification. I know this is possible as I've seen other apps not to show the notification while still using draw over other apps.
+1

+1, option for haptic feedback

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

It's on purpose, bottom edge is disabled when keyboard shows up.
Would you please add option to keep the bottom trigger active. I've tried other similar apps and I have not had any conflicts with the bottom trigger area. Without the bottom trigger area, I have no back button.

toneiv

May 3, 2010
toneiv.eu
2. Had an extreme issue where I lost all type of touch response on my system. I can see everything on the screen but nothing response when I touch, had to force reboot.

First two times were when I cleared ubiki app data & open & set up as fresh & it asked for accessibility permission, as soon as I toggled the permission, the system stopped responding to my touch.
Third time it happened when I last updated on the latest from playstore, it downloaded, installation started, touch response stopped.
The way I know system didn't freeze is when I pressed power button, power menu showed up, but I couldn't reboot from there cause touch didn't get response.

I'm on AOSP Pie ROM (AOSiP). Sorry that I could not take logs as I couldn't navigate through my system & also I don't have PC to take logs with ADB

Wow, I've never been confronted with that! I look at this very quickly. If you have any leads, don't hesitate to send them back to me here or by email.

1. Even though Autostart ubiki is turned off, when booted I can see the trigger area for a short while before it disappears.

These three elements have been noted for future update.

Tisckkytt

Jun 30, 2018
Wow, I've never been confronted with that! I look at this very quickly. If you have any leads, don't hesitate to send them back to me here or by email.

Ok so I've managed to take some logs. Here you'll first see me clearing ubiki data & then opening again & giving accessibility permission & like before as soon as I give permission I lose touch response. Volume button doesn't response too.

Also I've tried to clean install from Playstore earlier & had same issue. Also accessibility permission turning off & back on triggers the issue too.
I've started to wonder if it's my ROM's fault but it's highly unlikely cause I'm using various other apps which use accessibility but none of them causing such issue.

See if you can pinpoint the cause of this issue. :)

Edit: I missed a toast which says 'Please grant system overlay permission to this app before continuing' when I toggle on the accessibility switch.

Attachments

• Log_2019-06-14_19-05-40.txt
    488 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

toneiv

May 3, 2010
toneiv.eu
Thanks for the logs. I also managed to get a Nexus 5 on which I will try to install AOSIP in order to try to reproduce the problem.

toneiv

May 3, 2010
toneiv.eu
Had an extreme issue where I lost all type of touch response on my system. I can see everything on the screen but nothing response when I touch, had to force reboot.

OK I've managed to reproduce the problem and it seems to be a problem with AOSIP roms. Each application which use Accessibility Permission with "Perform gestures" option, will render the screen unusable. You can easily reproduce the problem by activating the native app "Switch access" in your control panel. Once you have activated the permission and the "Switch Access Setup Guide" screen appears, the screen becomes unusable and you must reboot the device.
So I'm sorry, but I can't really provide a solution to this problem at the moment. It is to be hoped that there will be an update of the AOSIP ROM that corrects this.

Reactions: Tisckkytt

toneiv

May 3, 2010
toneiv.eu
UbikiTouch does not function when in phone Settings. I imagine this is by OS design. Suggestion would be to 'pause' UT during this time and re-enable default Navbar.
Edit: Bottom trigger working, side triggers are not.

I just did a test on a Samsung Note 8 Pie and I did not encounter this problem. Can you tell me if that's still the case? If so, can you give me more information?

Attachments

• Note8-Pie_2.jpg
    Note8-Pie_2.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Note8-Pie_3.jpg
    Note8-Pie_3.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 59

icon_iop

Jun 18, 2019
Looks very interessting. Is there any API you can use for gestures or did you program everything from scratch?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

UbikiTouch is a gestures and automation app.

I'm a solo android developer and just released my new app on the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.toneiv.ubktouch

Functions
    • Use the gesture to navigate between or within your applications
    • Execute basic actions or use a remote cursor
    • Automate repetitive tasks and start them with a simple slide of the screen
    • Choose from three beautiful different visual effects, a classic pie menu or fluid effects

UbikiTouch allows you to define your own actions for each of your favorite applications! All applications are subject to improvement. You can define an action for each screen of your favorite applications: press a button, select an item, etc. Even better, you can sequence actions to perform more complex tasks.
    And of course you can also perform global actions such as:back button, recent apps, home, launch app, shortcuts, etc.

Privacy
    I attach great importance to the protection of privacy, which is why UbikiTouch has been developed in such a way that it does not require Internet authorization. The application therefore does not send any data over the Internet without your knowledge.

Translation
    UbikiTouch is currently fully translated into English and French. An incomplete and perfectible translation is available in German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish and Portuguese. You can choose to change the default language of the application in the "About / Translation" menu of the application. (You can help translate app to your language, please write to: toneiv.apps@gmail.com)

Monetization
    The app has no ads.
    The Pro version offer you:
    • Possibility to define tasks for an unlimited number of applications (limited to two in the free version)
    • Access to more actions, the ability to launch an application or a shortcut
    • Possibility to completely customize the menu: animation, size, color...

I would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some feedback on this app. Your comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Download the app from Playstore - UbikiTouch

Version 1.9.3 - 09/12/2020
    Code:
    • New: cursor can be set to have no delay and thus remain on the screen until it is manually removed
    • New: experimental semi-automatic method for granting "Write Secure Settings" permission via ADB using the WebADB API. See https://ubikitouch.toneiv.eu/adb in your browser.
    • Improvement of the explanation tutorial to activate ADB

XDA:DevDB Information
    UbikiTouch, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    toneiv

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 1.9.3
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-09

Created 2019-05-29
    Last Updated 2020-12-09
    Changelog v1.3.1
    • Fixed: incorrectly displayed message "this feature is not supported" for some actions
    • Fixed: app unexpectedly getting killed in the background with some Samsung devices
    • Fixed: stronger tile management
    • New: 4 actions instead of 3 configurable in menus

Playstore

Feel free if you have any comments on this.

I have recently noted that the app is getting killed in the background.
    I have to start the app and turn the on button again.

Battery optimization for this app is disabled.

Happened after the latest update.using it on Note 9, Android 10 custom Rom.

Yes I am having the same problem after the latest update.

Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6 standard.

I hope this update will fix your problem but I'm not 100% sure of that. If it still doesn't work, please let me know.
    Version 1.10.1 [BETA] - 17/02/2020

Code:
    • New: possibility to add several independent triggers
    • New: possibility to assign click and/or long click action on triggers
    • New: new cursor menu available
    • New: simplified interface for positioning triggers
    • New: possibility to choose delay for long click activation on the cursor
    • New: Hungarian translation thanks to István Kriskó
    • Memory footprint improvements
    • Performance improvements
    • Various bug fixes and improvements
    • Improvement in click, long click and drag detection with cursor
    • Fixed: missing translations available again

This new beta version introduces a lot of new options:
    - you can now define a trigger as cursor menu only instead of a pie, curve or wave menu: this gives you a quick and unique access to the curso
    - you can define actions for a click and a long click on the trigger
    - you can finely define the delay before the long click is triggered with the cursor (initially at 600ms). In addition, the sensitivity of the cursor click has been improved and now allows you to move more finely.
    - the memory footprint has been optimized and the application now takes less resources during its usual use.
    - performances have also been improved and should offer even better fluidity.

Finally, you can now define up to 5 stand-alone triggers per side that you can freely configure and place. It is therefore theoretically possible to have 15 different triggers with each 10 different actions (2 on the triggers and 8 on the menu) available = 150 actions!
    I made sure that the interface remains as clear as possible but these new options inevitably result in a slightly denser interface...
    Any suggestion on the interface and feedback on the functionalities are obviously welcome.

If you are interested, you can participate via the following link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/eu.toneiv.ubktouch
    You can give me feedback either here or directly on my email at toneiv.apps@gmail.com.
    Changelog v1.4.4
    • New: improved movement of the remote cursor to reach the sides more easily
    • New: ability to make long clicks with remote cursor
    • New: ability to make drag with remote cursor
    • New: ability to cancel long click or drag by clicking with another finger outside of the tracker for remote cursor
    • New: ability to close remote cursor by double clicking tracker
    • New: ability to choose color for click and long click for remote cursor
    • New: round corner for triggers
    • New: improved management of icons color and transparency in menus
    • Fixed: rare crash while creating db

Playstore

A complete documentation is available at: https://ubikitouch.toneiv.eu/faq.html

Feel free if you have any comments on this.
    Hey mate, looks interesting. I will give it a spin. Please hit me up with a promo code, thanks.