[APP][DISCONTINUED] [OPEN SOURCE] UltimateBrowserProject - THE CODE IS NOW BEERWARE!!

Would you like to have Weekly build? Though they won't contain much changes.

• Total voters
Search This thread

Thunderbottom

Jun 8, 2015
Check out Cornowser, started as a project by fellow developer of UBP.

NFKARVc.png

This Project has officially been discontinued. The reason is that I don't have time to work on this anymore. It was actually started as a fun project just to learn new stuff about programming in Android and with the overwhelming response, I just went on to learn more. But now, due to little or no time I cannot continue and have decided to discontinue this project for good.
If anyone would like to take over on my behalf, they are free to do so. Just make sure to keep the license intact. It has been a great time learning stuff and I sure have learnt a lot from this thing. To all those who have helped me and this application be a lot better, I'd like to thank you and I appreciate your support.​

Those who're looking for a new, bright start, can check out Cornowser, started as a project by fellow developer of UBP.

Also, the source code is still on GitHub, if you'd like to mess around with it.
Now has been licensed as "Beerware", meaning you can do whatever you want with the code. You can also still download the stable & beta versions from the downloads tab of this page.​

It has been a fun ride with you all, and I hope we can meet soon with a new project :)

Regards,
Thunderbottom

XDA:DevDB Information
UltimateBrowserProject, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
balzathor, takahirom, xdvs23
Source Code: https://github.com/Thunderbottom/UltimateBrowserProject

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.4.6
Stable Release Date: 2015-12-24
Beta Release Date: 2015-07-21

Created 2015-06-09
Last Updated 2015-12-28

Last edited:

Thunderbottom

Jun 8, 2015
Changelog-

Added Application Source Code
Check out the source code here

v1.2.3.
  • Added JSoup support for HTML Bookmark import
  • Minor Bug Fixes where tab would close on swipe from top

v1.2.4.
  • Added Readability Mode.
  • Added Workaround Fix for horizontal scroll bar showing when any webpage is launched from Home.
  • Minor Code Tweaks.
  • Snappier and more responsive.
  • Increased speed when switching webpages with volume buttons.

v1.2.4r2.
  • Fixed HTML Import crash.
  • Reduced JSoup dependency and added custom method.
  • Fixed Minor Bugs.

v1.2.5.
  • Cleared unused codes.
  • Minor Bug Fixes.
  • Used ViewUnit instead of ContextCompat.

v1.3.0.
  • Updated Host File for better ad blocking.
  • Fixed Minor Bugs.

v1.3.1.
  • Minor Bug Fixes.
  • Added a Forward button to the address bar on user request. (Requested by @nereis)

v1.3.2.
  • Added ACRA for In-App Log Reporting.

v1.3.3.
  • Added OTA Support for future releases.

v1.3.4.
  • Fixed OTA Update download. Now newer updates will be provided OTA.
  • Added Swipe to Change Tabs. Now you can swipe the Address Bar to switch tabs.

v1.3.5.
  • Added Custom User Agent Support in Application Settings!
  • Committed first OTA Update.

v1.3.6.
  • Added Permanent fix for download crash bug
  • Fixed scroll bar display bug while loading pages.
  • Now get Changelog in app itself!
  • Added more IME support.

v1.4.0.
  • Added Omnibox control to enable/disable swipe to switch tabs.
  • Fixed Google Play linking bug.
  • Fixed Minor Bugs.
  • Increased exit time to 1800 from 512.

v1.4.1.
  • Added Text Reflow settings.
  • Now browser automatically goes to landscape mode when video plays.
  • Fixed Minor Bugs.

v1.4.2.
  • Added Crashlytics and Removed ACRA.
  • Added Fabric.io integration.
  • Cleaned a few Strings, Application "Version" in settings now has an easter egg.

v1.4.3.
  • Added Localizations for many languages.
  • OTA Update will now download the latest available version.
  • Minor Changes to the Keyboard layout.

v1.4.4.
  • Added More Localisations.
  • Icon is now Materialized. Thanks to davimount.

v1.4.5. Downsized to 691 KB
  • Added Localizations for more languages.
  • Fixed minor bugs.

v1.4.6.
  • Fixed a few bugs.
  • Corrected Traditional Chinese translations.
  • Added Responsive Heads Up notification for devices with Lollipop.
  • Now you can save any link as a file. Long press a link or select 'Save Link As' option from the three dot menu.

v1.0-ß.
  • Fixed bugs.
  • Added Fullscreen mode.
  • Added Deep-Linking.
  • Now opens HTML File.
  • Restore Tabs from Last session.
  • Omnibox Hides on Page Scroll. BUG- Bottom Omnibox scrolling animation needs tweaking. Workaround - Set Omnibox position to Top in Application Settings.

v2.0.
  • New automatic tinting.
  • New animations.
  • Fixed a crash while switching tabs.
  • Fixed download for Android Marshmallow (6.0).
  • Added German, Bengali Translations.
  • Added Dark Theme.
  • Added better StackTrace generator for app crash.
  • Now you can Print any document using Google Cloud Print.
  • Fixed animations for hiding Omnibox.
  • Fixed Screenshot on Lollipop (5.0) and up - Some devices still don't capture the whole page correctly.
  • Lots of bugfixes!

Last edited:

Thunderbottom

Jun 8, 2015
FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions -

• Where are the settings?
    Swipe the address bar upwards to reveal more options, the gear icon is where all the settings are.​
  • It crashes way too often
    Can't help much of it, all I request of you is to allow me to collect the crash data (Collected automatically on crash as of v.1.4.6, user option from v.2.0), or provide me the logs if you are rooted.​
  • More features?
    Yes, I'd love to add more features to the application, but I'm short of time. Too much real life bugs to deal with. If you are a Dev and would love to contribute, you can do it on the application's GitHub Page.​
  • ETA for Updates?
    Can't say anything about updates at this moment, but I try to do my best to code whenever I have time.​
  • Is Beta stable for daily use?
    No. Although you can install and use both the beta and the stable version at the same time :)
  • My phone got fried. Pls halp.
    Can't, you need to be too stupid to think that an application like this has fried your phone.​
  • This application is consuming too much RAM/Battery. Help?
    Provide me with all the possible details that you can, else I can't help you. Sorry.​
  • Print functions requires me to sign-in to my google account?
    Yep, Google Cloud Print requires this so that you can save it online or print it wirelessly!​
  • Custom user agent? What is it?
    You can find about it here.​
  • Can you add "so-so" feature?
    Yes, but I can't guarantee a date though.​
  • Where is chrome-like sync?
    I don't know how to add it yet, as soon as I understand, I'll add it as well as some other API's​
  • Why is this not on Play Store yet?
    I'm a student and I'm broke. Simple as that.​
  • There are rip-offs on Play Store!
    Don't install them, they've just changed the app name and icon to something else. You may report them if they are paid or have no license! Thanks :)
  • Nice! How can I contribute?
    If you are a Dev, you can help me with the project, or else you may buy me coffee! (Bitcoin - 17Lm28deyBPquaz3CBVncFPPPSoPPwA3oQ)​
  • More FAQ Questions?
    Yeah, if I find more generalized questions that someone might face while using this app, I'll add it here!​

Last edited:

mm6891

Jun 8, 2015
browser

UltimateBrowserProject
OxLFjGf.png

UltimateBrowserProject is a to-be Open Source browser that aims to do the work unlike any other browser. Currently, it supports the following functions. (And Probably many more!)​

Custom home:​

When you first log in to the browser, the about:blank page is shown. Use the overflow menu's Add to home to pin webpages.Use the overflow menu's Relayout to customize your homepage.Long press on a card on the homepage, and you can edit the title.

Switch tabs:​

You can set tab switcher position at top or bottom of the screen by changing the settings at Setting/Browser/Tab position.Press the address bar and drag it down or up, then the tab switcher will be displayed.Swipe up/down to dismiss a page.

Remember that if the soft keyboard is shown the tab switcher would not display, it's not a bug, but an intended design.

Load in Background:​

Set UltimateBrowserProject as your default browser.A Single tap will open links in background, and show a clickable notification in statusbar. Double tapping the link will show a dialog that allows you to open links in foreground.

Volume control:​

In Setting/Browser/Volume control you can set the volume keys behavior to:

• Switch tabs.
  • Scroll webpages.
  • System default. (Works as default volume keys)

AdBlock Whitelist:​

Since AdBlock maybe cause some websites to display error, you can add them to Setting/AdBlock/Whitelist

Screenshot:​

UltimateBrowserProject can capture entire webpages!

But Unfortunately, that doesn't mean you can screenshot a very long page, which may cause the browser to go Out Of Memory.

Material Design:​

UltimateBrowserProject is based on Google's Material Design standards! and is optimized for Android 5.1.

Lightweight:​

One of the main purpose of this project is to keep the browser lightweight and NOT RAM hungry.

This Browser was created by having heavy usage in mind, along with the lightweight-ness. So, Maximum possible features have been implemented while keeping the application size as small as possible and as less RAM hungry as possible.

Application Screenshots

Note - The Default tab position is at the bottom, which can be changed to top in the application settings
Y2KZqMq.png
Ef9ltZL.png
rmIPKdF.png

Downloads

All the download files, from v.1.0 to latest v.1.2.2 have been made public.

Click here to view all the downloads for this project

TODO​

• Add new features based on people's demands
  • Splat Bugs (Not Yet)
  • Add OTA updates (Although in app settings have Check for updates, OTA would be better)
  • More to come.

Contributors
balzathor

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.2.2
Stable Release Date: 2015-06-09

Created 2015-06-09
Last Updated 2015-06-09

Congratulations! , look simple and friendly, l´ll try download it today

Regards

Reactions: jesussmaria

Thunderbottom

Jun 8, 2015
Thanks for the app.

Is there a chance of adding a per-domain configurable user agent?

If you're talking about Mobile/desktop user agent for specific websites, yeah, I can try to do that.

EDIT: If you want me to make a "spoof" user agent, I suppose that will be a tougher task, will try though

Regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4shido

ratbags

Jan 19, 2015
Very slick. I like having the address bar etc at the bottom. Much more accessible on a phone. One query: I believe adblock uses a lot of resources, in fact slowing the loading of pages and heating up the CPU while it does it. Is there a more lightweight option such as bluhell firewall or ublock which could be implemented?

CruxHumanus

Apr 22, 2013
OnePlus 11
If you're talking about Mobile/desktop user agent for specific websites, yeah, I can try to do that.

EDIT: If you want me to make a "spoof" user agent, I suppose that will be a tougher task, will try though

Regards.

Thanks for replying.

I am talking about being able to set mobile or desktop, but more importantly custom, user agents per site or per domain.

Habit Browser has such functionality, and it's the only browser I am aware of featuring it. Many browser offer a global mobile/desktop user agent toggle and that's pretty much it.

So I am always looking out for lightweight browsers that will have the UA features I've described.

nullzx

Jun 9, 2015
I really love this browser. Its lightweight which is truely match with what you've said about this browser
I just want to check if this browser or my phone is the fault with delay inputs on forms such as textarea, passwordbox, textbox field.

Anyways setted this browser as my default love it.

Thunderbottom

Jun 8, 2015
I really love this browser. Its lightweight which is truely match with what you've said about this browser
I just want to check if this browser or my phone is the fault with delay inputs on forms such as textarea, passwordbox, textbox field.

Anyways setted this browser as my default love it.

Can you try clearing the app data, cache and rebooting phone? that problem should not exist.

Thanks.

Reactions: 4shido

Thunderbottom

Jun 8, 2015
Thanks for replying.

I am talking about being able to set mobile or desktop, but more importantly custom, user agents per site or per domain.

Habit Browser has such functionality, and it's the only browser I am aware of featuring it. Many browser offer a global mobile/desktop user agent toggle and that's pretty much it.

So I am always looking out for lightweight browsers that will have the UA features I've described.

mhmm I got you there, that would make this application heavier. I can try to store the data on the storage card and check if a website is Mobile or Desktop UA. But then that would make it RAM heavy. Will figure out a better way. Added this problem to my TODO list

Regards.

Reactions: CruxHumanus

Thunderbottom

Jun 8, 2015
Very slick. I like having the address bar etc at the bottom. Much more accessible on a phone. One query: I believe adblock uses a lot of resources, in fact slowing the loading of pages and heating up the CPU while it does it. Is there a more lightweight option such as bluhell firewall or ublock which could be implemented?

Well you're right, but not here. I made a host file containing all the adblock elements which barely takes a KB of space in the application. when you open a website, it just checks out the host file and prevents ads from being generated. Slowing the page is never a problem due to adblock. Plus, for the firewall part, it would take up more space, making it heavy. UBlock is the same thing as adblock, the same script and stuff. So it won't make much of a difference.

Regards.

nullzx

Jun 9, 2015
Just some suggestion if you don't mind it Mr.Developer

Can you just make a shortname of your browser because UltimateBrowserProject is too lengthy so I suggest named it UBP instead.
Add data compression so it would cut off the data usage.

Save page for offline reading- which allows a user to save a page to read it offline like how the youtube offline videos work.

Export page as PDF or any format- makes users dont depend on online services to download the page to their specified formats.

That's my suggestion.

More features plus lightweight and not ram hungry would definitely top on the browser category if this would be uploaded or add in the google play store.

Thunderbottom

Jun 8, 2015
Just some suggestion if you don't mind it Mr.Developer

Can you just make a shortname of your browser because UltimateBrowserProject is too lengthy so I suggest named it UBP instead.
Add data compression so it would cut off the data usage.

Save page for offline reading- which allows a user to save a page to read it offline like how the youtube offline videos work.

Export page as PDF or any format- makes users dont depend on online services to download the page to their specified formats.

That's my suggestion.

More features plus lightweight and not ram hungry would definitely top on the browser category if this would be uploaded or add in the google play store.

I'll try to answer all your requests one by one

• I've thought of compressing the name to UBP, I may do that in the future
  • Save page for offline reading is currently in my TODO List. By that time you can use the "Screenshot feature" which screenshots the page at high quality.
  • Export PDF requires a separate library and that would make it heavier I suppose. Definitely not on the list. You can share the page to Adobe PDF app which can convert the Page to a PDF.

Overall I've thought of all the things you have as feature request to be implemented in the application. I hope this helps.
    I'll still be trying out the Export PDF for my dry runs and that release won't be soon. Plus, by making it heavy, this app becomes same as G Chrome which I don't want it to be.

Regards

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
Can you add ability to sign into websites using your fingerprint for phones that have a fingerprint sensor? Would be freakn sweet!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check out Cornowser, started as a project by fellow developer of UBP.

NFKARVc.png

This Project has officially been discontinued. The reason is that I don't have time to work on this anymore. It was actually started as a fun project just to learn new stuff about programming in Android and with the overwhelming response, I just went on to learn more. But now, due to little or no time I cannot continue and have decided to discontinue this project for good.
    If anyone would like to take over on my behalf, they are free to do so. Just make sure to keep the license intact. It has been a great time learning stuff and I sure have learnt a lot from this thing. To all those who have helped me and this application be a lot better, I'd like to thank you and I appreciate your support.​

Those who're looking for a new, bright start, can check out Cornowser, started as a project by fellow developer of UBP.

Also, the source code is still on GitHub, if you'd like to mess around with it.
    Now has been licensed as "Beerware", meaning you can do whatever you want with the code. You can also still download the stable & beta versions from the downloads tab of this page.​

It has been a fun ride with you all, and I hope we can meet soon with a new project :)

Regards,
    Thunderbottom

Contributors
    balzathor, takahirom, xdvs23
    Source Code: https://github.com/Thunderbottom/UltimateBrowserProject

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.4.6
    Stable Release Date: 2015-12-24
    Beta Release Date: 2015-07-21

Created 2015-06-09
    Last Updated 2015-12-28
    Changelog-

Added Application Source Code
    Check out the source code here

v1.2.3.
    • Added JSoup support for HTML Bookmark import
    • Minor Bug Fixes where tab would close on swipe from top

v1.2.4.
    • Added Readability Mode.
    • Added Workaround Fix for horizontal scroll bar showing when any webpage is launched from Home.
    • Minor Code Tweaks.
    • Snappier and more responsive.
    • Increased speed when switching webpages with volume buttons.

v1.2.4r2.
    • Fixed HTML Import crash.
    • Reduced JSoup dependency and added custom method.
    • Fixed Minor Bugs.

v1.2.5.
    • Cleared unused codes.
    • Minor Bug Fixes.
    • Used ViewUnit instead of ContextCompat.

v1.3.0.
    • Updated Host File for better ad blocking.
    • Fixed Minor Bugs.

v1.3.1.
    • Minor Bug Fixes.
    • Added a Forward button to the address bar on user request. (Requested by @nereis)

v1.3.2.
    • Added ACRA for In-App Log Reporting.

v1.3.3.
    • Added OTA Support for future releases.

v1.3.4.
    • Fixed OTA Update download. Now newer updates will be provided OTA.
    • Added Swipe to Change Tabs. Now you can swipe the Address Bar to switch tabs.

v1.3.5.
    • Added Custom User Agent Support in Application Settings!
    • Committed first OTA Update.

v1.3.6.
    • Added Permanent fix for download crash bug
    • Fixed scroll bar display bug while loading pages.
    • Now get Changelog in app itself!
    • Added more IME support.

v1.4.0.
    • Added Omnibox control to enable/disable swipe to switch tabs.
    • Fixed Google Play linking bug.
    • Fixed Minor Bugs.
    • Increased exit time to 1800 from 512.

v1.4.1.
    • Added Text Reflow settings.
    • Now browser automatically goes to landscape mode when video plays.
    • Fixed Minor Bugs.

v1.4.2.
    • Added Crashlytics and Removed ACRA.
    • Added Fabric.io integration.
    • Cleaned a few Strings, Application "Version" in settings now has an easter egg.

v1.4.3.
    • Added Localizations for many languages.
    • OTA Update will now download the latest available version.
    • Minor Changes to the Keyboard layout.

v1.4.4.
    • Added More Localisations.
    • Icon is now Materialized. Thanks to davimount.

v1.4.5. Downsized to 691 KB
    • Added Localizations for more languages.
    • Fixed minor bugs.

v1.4.6.
    • Fixed a few bugs.
    • Corrected Traditional Chinese translations.
    • Added Responsive Heads Up notification for devices with Lollipop.
    • Now you can save any link as a file. Long press a link or select 'Save Link As' option from the three dot menu.

v1.0-ß.
    • Fixed bugs.
    • Added Fullscreen mode.
    • Added Deep-Linking.
    • Now opens HTML File.
    • Restore Tabs from Last session.
    • Omnibox Hides on Page Scroll. BUG- Bottom Omnibox scrolling animation needs tweaking. Workaround - Set Omnibox position to Top in Application Settings.

v2.0.
    • New automatic tinting.
    • New animations.
    • Fixed a crash while switching tabs.
    • Fixed download for Android Marshmallow (6.0).
    • Added German, Bengali Translations.
    • Added Dark Theme.
    • Added better StackTrace generator for app crash.
    • Now you can Print any document using Google Cloud Print.
    • Fixed animations for hiding Omnibox.
    • Fixed Screenshot on Lollipop (5.0) and up - Some devices still don't capture the whole page correctly.
    • Lots of bugfixes!
    Work very good on LG Spirit 4G
    Android 5.0.1
    But need black theme.
    This white make my eyes cry

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Black theme is on the way in the new update :)

Regards
    I found a browser called Falkon ++ and it seems to be based off of this. I can't find anything different between the two though

Thanks for letting me know. Although, I can't help much of it as my application is open-sourced. Due to real life problems, I might stop developing this, but there is a new update coming up pretty soon, and we'll see how that goes and its future depends on the second Beta. So I don't care much if people steal it, I did it for fun, some might as well make money off it, but that's a part of life and you got to move on and have no regrets :)

Regards.
    Updated to v.2.0.

For a list of Changes, view Post #2