FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[APP][ROOT/MAGISK/SUPERSU][5.0+]ViPER4Android FX 2.6.0.5 (Unofficial)

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 337

By Team_DeWitt, Member on 7th April 2018, 03:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
ViPER4Android FX
COBRA4Android Banner
By pittvandewitt and MrWhite214

Introduction
Many users are enhancing their smartphone audio experience with the popular ViPER4Android software, just like us. But some of use have a hard time installing the driver, or they don't like the theme.
As a solution for all these troubles we have rewritten almost all of the 2.4.0.1 app source, added all 2.5.0.5 features, added driver compatibility for 2.3.4.0 and much, much more.
Make sure to check out the features list for details.
We proudly present you ViPER4Android 2.6!

Features
  • Android 8 support
  • Material Design
  • Multiple driver version support (2.3.4.0 and up)
  • Fixed effect type switching bug
  • Fixed multiple service drops
  • Improved single key updating speed (about 45x faster)
  • Updated JNI
  • Actual working driver installation
  • Proper Selinux patching
  • Automatic magisk support
  • Easter egg

Installation
Grab and install the apk file from XDA Labs
Follow the instructions when opening the app
Note: don't manually place the apk file in your system partition, otherwise the JNI will not be extracted from the app

Uninstallation
Remove the driver using the entry in the navigation menu
Remove the app

Downloads
You can download our latest version on XDA Labs here
If you were pointed here for the installer by @Zackptg5, the link can be found here

pittvandewitt's vdc service
If you've always wanted to get the most neutral and arguably best sound coming from your headphones, make sure to join the vdc service to request a file!

Donate
You can donate to us via PayPal or buy our donation package from XDA Labs with extra features!
Donate via paypal
Buy our donation package *coming soon*

Dev Note
If you want to include the app in your work, as for permission first and give proper credits

Legal notice
We are not associated with vipersaudio nor audlabs.
Stating their github we're free to use the driver as long as it's not used commercially.
The app is based on the 2.4.0.1 source, which again is based on the cyanogenmod dsp application.
It is still named ViPER4Android, because the driver isn't any different from what vipersaudio provides.
Renaming it without changing anything would be considered kanging, which is not what is going on here.
And again: version 2.6 is NOT created by vipersaudio or audlabs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	v4a-2.6.0.0-1.jpg
Views:	23510
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	4469542   Click image for larger version

Name:	v4a-2.6.0.0-2.jpg
Views:	23110
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	4469543   Click image for larger version

Name:	v4a-2.6.0.0-3.jpg
Views:	23012
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	4469544  
The Following 130 Users Say Thank You to Team_DeWitt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Team_DeWitt Ad-Free

7th April 2018, 03:38 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Known Bugs
  • FC on audio routing change (fixed in next release)
  • EMUI (Huawei) 8.0+ refuses to load the driver (Need to ask the original dev for a 64bit driver)
  • Driver status information has a delay

Currently on the wishing list
  • Less cluttered homepage (wip)
  • Themes
  • More translations. If you're interested, take a look over here to find the files. A pm with the link of your translation is enough to get it merged in the next release!

Before reporting:
Make sure you use the latest apk provided on xda labs
Make sure any other audio mod is disabled/removed before installing the driver. We really cannot afford fixing every single device setup, especially when it's not related to the app

If you would like to report a bug, pm @Team_DeWitt using the following format:
[Describe the problem and your steps you take to reproduce it]
[V4A app version]
[Driver version]
[Phone brand and model]
[OS (ROM) + Android version]
[Root method (in case of magisk: core or full)]
[Provide a link to your log file]
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Team_DeWitt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Team_DeWitt Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 03:41 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Changelog
  • Add app shortcuts (7.1+)
  • Minor interface redesign
  • Fix muffled sound
  • Fix options not applying
  • Fix profile conversion
  • Introduce vdc service
  • Improve performance
  • Update driver installation
  • Update chinese translations, thanks to KiSS

• Retain service after clearing recents
  • Emergency service.sh fix
  • Support Magisk core mode
  • Fix profile load loop
  • Recover speaker service
  • Fix convolver
  • Support Pixel devices
  • Use su.d if possible
  • Force global effect mode
  • Add Korean translation by @nebulac

• Fix /system install and uninstall.
  • Add temporary workaround for the convolver
  • Updated strings

• Fix FC while installing the driver
  • Add root check before installing the driver
  • Removed lucky patcher check
  • Capitalized driver status outputs
  • Updated strings

• Fix profile loading
  • Fix assets bug
  • Initial Release
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Team_DeWitt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Team_DeWitt Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 03:43 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Answers to some related questions

Why does your Magisk module not work?
  • Probably because you installed some other mod that also has an audio_effects file in it. Whatever module gets loaded last will become active
    The easiest way to bypass this is to let the app build a module after you installed all your favorite audio mods, and delete all files containing audio_effects in the other modules
    AudModLib will not come in handy this time, because the app doesn't flash a zip that AML can intercept

Where can I find the source code?
  • You can't. And there is an obvious reason for that: This app is more sensitive to kangers who start selling this app, likely after adding their bullsh*t to it, rather than to people who actually want to help improve the app. Something like that already happened in the past to other audio software here on xda. Not really something we want to see happen again

How come this app only processes music played through the internal music player?
  • Congratulations, the driver installed successfully. However, that's the way android works after introducing fixes to the overall high latency android had in the past.
    Fixing that is not something our app should do in our vision, because this modifies the system more and goes beyond the V4A project.
    Zackptg5 has put a lot of effort in time in creating the Audio Compatibility Patch, which tries to deal with it. Highly recommended to check that out in the Magisk repo

Where did the Selinux switch go?
  • What..? Are you really that careless security wise?
    The app handles this in a much more sophisticated way now. It injects only the absolute necessary rules to allow V4A to process, fully automatically

Help, why do I still experience service drops?
  • Probably because doze is kicking in because Android doesn't like long running services. The service has been implemented the way the docs suggest, so the only thing you can do is exclude it from doze

Why did you revert some layout changes I saw in 2.5?
  • We didn't. This app is built starting from that old 2.4 holo designed one, because that was the latest open sourced version. We made some good progress already, don't you think?

Do you have a zip file for me?
  • No. There is no point in providing a zip file anymore. The driver installation is written from scratch and actually works now

Why does the driver uninstall not work?
  • Because you didn't install the driver using the app. We don't have some magic file cleaner built in that removes all previous installations ever

Why does this one sound better/worse than previous versions?
  • That's your placebo being strong. It's the same driver, which means the effects are the same too
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Team_DeWitt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Team_DeWitt Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 04:33 PM |#5  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1,905

More
Awesome! Works perfectly with the super quality driver 2.3.4.0
7th April 2018, 05:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Oh my goodness.... That Easter egg... Scared the s h i t out of me, coz had the volume pretty much on max
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mshinni80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mshinni80 Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 08:19 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Is there an option to install systemlessly with magisk?
7th April 2018, 08:25 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Hey could we possibly get a black version instead of grey, it would look fantastic on AMOLED displays. There ones was a Substratum theme like that for the original materialised version, maybe something similar for this one?
7th April 2018, 10:05 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuli81

Is there an option to install systemlessly with magisk?

Hello Shuli,
There is currently not an option for that, however when Magisk is detected, it will automatically create a Magisk module to install the driver systemlessly.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Team_DeWitt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Team_DeWitt Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 10:07 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Eldur

Hey could we possibly get a black version instead of grey, it would look fantastic on AMOLED displays. There ones was a Substratum theme like that for the original materialised version, maybe something similar for this one?

We're are currently in the progress of creating that, so stay tuned!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Team_DeWitt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Team_DeWitt Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 10:09 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Oops, i accidentally duplicated a reply. If you're a moderator of admin, please remove this reply. Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)