By Team_DeWitt, Member on 7th April 2018, 04:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th November 2019, 04:05 PM |#3141  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_krale

Man, it is hard to squeeze v4a into Android q.

But the process described works.

First, uninstall all v4a and audio modification installed. Reboot.

1.V4afx magisk module. Not the apk.

2. Open the app, choose cancel to not install the driver.

3. Install audio modification library in magisk. Do not reboot.

4. Open v4a app and grant SU permissions, install drivers, it will reboot.

5. When booted, open magisk and disable audio modification library. (do not uninstall, just disable)

6. Open the v4a app, install drivers again, and it will reboot.

If it works, it works, This could work, depending on oem. I had to do

7. Open magisk, enable audio modification library.

8. Open v4a, install drivers, reboot.

Just trying to write a simple step by step.

Viper4android is God's gift to your ears.

I have a xiaomi MI 9 / android q / miui global 11.0.2

I literally just installed it twice on my OnePlus 6 running PiXeN. Does it not work for the rest of you guys?
The Following User Says Thank You to Terrigible For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Terrigible Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 05:24 PM |#3142  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrigible

I literally just installed it twice on my OnePlus 6 running PiXeN. Does it not work for the rest of you guys?

Not for us on 7T currently.
8th November 2019, 10:20 PM |#3143  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe199799

If I'm understanding correctly from what you commented, in master limiter output gain and the 3 settings in playback gain control are what you are looking for. Be careful I've blown out a few pairs of headphones putting the settings too high (they were sort of cheap but my warning still stands)

I am just asking what settings have to be toggled in order to make my phone louder than it is able to go from the factory. You're saying I just need to turn on the master limiter and crank the playback gain control up?
8th November 2019, 10:23 PM |#3144  
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder09

I am just asking what settings have to be toggled in order to make my phone louder than it is able to go from the factory. You're saying I just need to turn on the master limiter and crank the playback gain control up?

Pretty much, take it step by step if your headphones can't handle it, it definitely has the ability to blow them out. I would look into IRS and DDC files as well you can do some stuff with those.
8th November 2019, 11:38 PM |#3145  
Flag San Pedro, Laguna
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Viper4Android FX 2.7 works flawlessly with OOS 10. In OOS 9.0.9, I switched back to the legacy version of V4A because OOS kills it every time.

With OOS 10, it works well.

I followed an installation tips/guide I've found in an FB group.

9th November 2019, 02:37 AM |#3146  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemist

Viper4Android FX 2.7 works flawlessly with OOS 10. In OOS 9.0.9, I switched back to the legacy version of V4A because OOS kills it every time.

With OOS 10, it works well.

I followed an installation tips/guide I've found in an FB group.

Which device do you have ? I guess it should work on any Op device running oos 10?
I have a 7t.
9th November 2019, 04:10 AM |#3147  
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ART

Which device do you have ? I guess it should work on any Op device running oos 10?
I have a 7t.

Unfortunately no, it doesn't seem to work on OnePlus devices launched with Android 10. (7T/Pro).

Sent from my OnePlus7TPro using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Lossyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lossyx Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 05:49 AM |#3148  
Flag Partille
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by francwalter

Hallo

I am new to v4a and installed with Magisk the 2.7.1.0 on my Xiaomi Mi A1 with latest Magisk (v20.1). I am on Android 9.0 and the v4a driver is 2.5.0.4

I installed v4a because the sound when I make a simple telephone call is not loud enough. I cannot make calls when the background noise is too loud, I don't hear the other in my phones speaker.
I thought with v4a I could set this louder but I don't see where.

I tried with "Speaker" (the second after headphones icon and after that I have bluetooth and usb, makes 4 icons on the bottom) and there I tried several of these switches but it didnt change anything.

Maybe this is totally wrong, I cannot make calls louder with Viper4Android?
Please give me some hint or help.

Thanks.
frank

EDIT: I did some settings, see attachment, which made the external speaker a bit louder. Maybe the internal speaker too, but not big difference, I will see on the next call with background noises...

I have been using v4a for years, and I have never even thought about in-call volume.

My answer is that v4a won't help with that. At all. Sorry.

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrigible

I have no idea what pixen is. Is it android q? Because that's why people are having problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_krale For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zombie_krale Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 05:52 AM |#3149  
Flag San Pedro, Laguna
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ART

I have a 7t.

Mine is OnePlus 6
9th November 2019, 05:54 AM |#3150  
Thanks Meter: 368

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemist

Mine is OnePlus 6

You prefer fx to legacy

(09-09-18)
9th November 2019, 05:55 AM |#3151  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_krale

I have been using v4a for years, and I have never even thought about in-call volume.

My answer is that v4a won't help with that. At all. Sorry.

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

I have no idea what pixen is. Is it android q? Because that's why people are having problems.

Yeah, it's Q
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)