Thanks Meter: 1,124

By Team_DeWitt, Member on 7th April 2018, 03:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th March 2020, 11:19 PM |#3791  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickNextDoor

As you're on LOS, did you disable AudioFX before installing V4A?

Sent from my LG-VS985 using XDA Labs

Yes, it's been disabled a long time ago
27th March 2020, 08:02 AM |#3792  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
driver loop..
Hello all. Sooo im stuck in a driver loop (that i am quite sick and tired of at this point) on Redmi note 8 pro..

I installed the viper app in a way specific to the device (install selinux switch> set to permissive> minimize the viper app when it first asks for drivers> install audio modification library> go back to Viper and click install drivers> grant root permission> auto restart).

It worked until a reboot.. Each reboot it breaks, saying no drivers again. (couple of times it randomly started working again after awhile, only to break upon phone restart). Now it's fully broken and always asks for drivers/restarts, yet does nothing in the process, then asks for drivers again..

Things that ive tried:
1) clearing all data in viper
2) un/re installing both audio modification library and viper in the device specific way i outlined above (no other methods work, ever. e.g. installing viper via magisk gives bootloop. flashing zipped drivers via twrp also gives bootloop.)
3) disabled all other possible audio effect processing apps
4) rubbed my ding dong for good luck
5) sacrificed the firstborn

Wat do friends?
27th March 2020, 03:06 PM |#3793  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 227

Donate to Me
More
I don't know what to do you anymore.. Uninstalled all the modules, Viper, ACP, AML, install one by one (testing between reboots) and no success. I don't have other audio tuners enabled.
Oneplus 5 running Pie.
Screenshot shows that only processing is unavailable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200327-125112.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	4979993  
27th March 2020, 03:18 PM |#3794  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ambala, HR
Thanks Meter: 6,356

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonsa

I don't know what to do you anymore.. Uninstalled all the modules, Viper, ACP, AML, install one by one (testing between reboots) and no success. I don't have other audio tuners enabled.
Oneplus 5 running Pie.

OxygenOS? First, remove all audio related modules from Magisk (V4A, ACP, AML, etc.), uninstall the V4A app if you have it installed and delete the ViPER4Android folder from your internal storage. Then, reboot. After that, dowload the V4A-OOS zip that I made for myself from here and flash it via Magisk. Once done, reboot. Give it a few seconds, and then open the V4A app, load the present you want (the module installs them too) and test!
27th March 2020, 03:40 PM |#3795  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 330

More
Quote:

Oneplus 5 running Pie.

Sorry silly question, but did you have music or something playing at the time of the screenshot? If not what is it going to process..
The Following User Says Thank You to lilbrat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lilbrat Ad-Free
27th March 2020, 03:47 PM |#3796  
Flag Lisbon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbrat

Sorry silly question, but did you have music or something playing at the time of the screenshot? If not what is it going to process..

not silly question but yes, I've been using this mod for long time and I know how it works.
I had poweramp playing in the background (we can see the icon up). I also test it with other audio players and speakers/bluetooth..
I feel that is something small that is not triggering the processing but I haven't figured it out..
27th March 2020, 04:07 PM |#3797  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:

not silly question but yes, I've been using this mod for long time and I know how it works.
I had poweramp playing in the background (we can see the icon up). I also test it with other audio players and speakers/bluetooth..
I feel that is something small that is not triggering the processing but I haven't figured it out..

Just another thought: did you turn off direct volume control (DVC) inside Poweramp?
The Following User Says Thank You to HerrT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HerrT Ad-Free
27th March 2020, 04:09 PM |#3798  
Flag Lisbon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrT

Just another thought: did you turn off direct volume control (DVC) inside Poweramp?

yes.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20200327-150914.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	4980015  
27th March 2020, 04:13 PM |#3799  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:

Oneplus 5 running Pie.

Are you sure that you did have a Bluetooth audio device attached during the test? Because I can't see the Bluetooth icon on the status line...
Or if you want to test the loudspeaker, you should switch to them and make sure that the "Master switch" is turned on for them as well...
27th March 2020, 05:01 PM |#3800  
Thanks Meter: 4,008

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Oneplus 5 running Pie.

I'm running OOS 9.0.11 on my OnePlus 5 (powered by xXx NoLimits). After force closing and reopening Viper after a reboot, Viper processes sound correctly.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20200327-115512.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	4980035  
The Following User Says Thank You to sjamie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sjamie Ad-Free
27th March 2020, 05:01 PM |#3801  
Flag Lisbon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrT

Are you sure that you did have a Bluetooth audio device attached during the test? Because I can't see the Bluetooth icon on the status line...
Or if you want to test the loudspeaker, you should switch to them and make sure that the "Master switch" is turned on for them as well...

you're right that I'm on the wrong tab but Master button on Speaker was on.
Here's a video for better understanding:
https://imgur.com/gallery/mDj72hj
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)