FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][root][5.0+] VPN Hotspot: VPN tethering/Wi-Fi repeater (open source)

302 posts
Thanks Meter: 104

Post Reply Email Thread
12th July 2019, 02:47 AM |#311  
OP Senior Member
Flag Suzhou

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talong

I see. How about downgrading to Lollipop / Marshmallow? Will I face same issue?

Thanks!

Sure. Anything that's not Android 7.x.

Alternatively you can also try to patch the code using librootjava or sth and submit pull request. 😉

12th July 2019, 08:15 PM |#312  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 241

More
Hi all,
I'm using this app on a Nexus 6 smartphone and it works pretty good, I can share my connection properly with other devices.

The only problem I'm facing is the ability to customize repeater settings, I can't set the ones I want and it generates random name and password each time I enable it, forcing me to reconfigure parameters on each device connected to the repeater.

I'd like to use specific credentials and after some search I found I need a rom capable to support it (I'm currently using lineage and it gives me error if I try to edit them).
Could you suggest a good rom I can use on my smartphone that supports this kind of feature?
Or a patch to have it on lineage?

Thanks in advance
13th July 2019, 03:40 AM |#313  
OP Senior Member
Flag Suzhou

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by provolinoo

Hi all,
I'm using this app on a Nexus 6 smartphone and it works pretty good, I can share my connection properly with other devices.

The only problem I'm facing is the ability to customize repeater settings, I can't set the ones I want and it generates random name and password each time I enable it, forcing me to reconfigure parameters on each device connected to the repeater.

I'd like to use specific credentials and after some search I found I need a rom capable to support it (I'm currently using lineage and it gives me error if I try to edit them).
Could you suggest a good rom I can use on my smartphone that supports this kind of feature?
Or a patch to have it on lineage?

Thanks in advance

Any Q beta ROM (with Q vendor probably) should work.
14th July 2019, 09:43 AM |#314  
Flag Milano

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygod Studio

Any Q beta ROM (with Q vendor probably) should work.

Thanks for the reply

Yes, I've read Google fixed this bug in Android Q but unfortunately my phone won't get Q support, I have Pie installed on it.

Can you suggest any Pie or older rom supporting this feature?
I'm using that phone just as a wifi repeater so I really don't care about other stuff like calling, messaging, etc
14th July 2019, 09:50 AM |#315  
OP Senior Member
Flag Suzhou

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for the reply

Yes, I've read Google fixed this bug in Android Q but unfortunately my phone won't get Q support, I have Pie installed on it.

Can you suggest any Pie or older rom supporting this feature?
I'm using that phone just as a wifi repeater so I really don't care about other stuff like calling, messaging, etc

On P and lower, this app uses a hack to change Wi-Fi SSID. There is no way for checking if a ROM works that I know, except for flashing it and trying it out. You should probably try ROMs with different vendors as opposed to project treble ROMs. Feel free to share which ROM works for you and which doesn't.
14th July 2019, 10:20 AM |#316  
Flag Milano

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygod Studio

On P and lower, this app uses a hack to change Wi-Fi SSID. There is no way for checking if a ROM works that I know, except for flashing it and trying it out. You should probably try ROMs with different vendors as opposed to project treble ROMs. Feel free to share which ROM works for you and which doesn't.

Ok, it's clear now, thanks

Have this hack a name or something so I can ask the developer if it's supported in his rom before installing it to save time?
15th July 2019, 02:06 AM |#317  
OP Senior Member
Flag Suzhou

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok, it's clear now, thanks

Have this hack a name or something so I can ask the developer if it's supported in his rom before installing it to save time?

Unfortunately not (yet).
Yesterday, 04:00 AM |#318  
OP Senior Member
Flag Suzhou

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force F

Thank you, it worked, I will send a beer your way ,

Hey this feature was added back in v2.5.0. Feel free to test it out and see whether it works well for you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hotspot, tethering, vpn, wifi-direct

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)