What Cookie version do you prefer ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

HeavyComponent

Oct 31, 2007
NYC
Issues with Opera 9?

For some reason my Opera 9 can't function correctly. When I try to use the zoom function is starts slowing down then it freezes up. That happens everytime I try to use it.

D

Demon_man

ok thats twice tried to download the 9th may ROM's i give up ill wait till there on vbnfiles, both times said they was corrupt hhmm

D

Demon_man

could be your firewall or antivirus causing problems mate. i am currently running the 9th may co0kie version 23xxx and it is in no way corrupt.

Damn good thinking, i am using a different setup to mine normally thanks for the tip, only ten mins to wait to download again lol

simoran2

Aug 16, 2009
First of all thanks to NRG for all the hard work put into making these roms - its much appreciated.

I have a couple of questions about the latest release: -

Has anyone seen any improvements in battery life?

Does it include any fix for the forgetting password problem (if there is one?!)

asifghufran

Sep 20, 2006
Dubai
ok thats twice tried to download the 9th may ROM's i give up ill wait till there on vbnfiles, both times said they was corrupt hhmm

It did happened when downloading through internet explorer, I dont know why. thats why I use opera to download and if it stops for some reason I press resume..........lol

Last edited:

asifghufran

Sep 20, 2006
Dubai
Now NRGZ has made me addicted to his ROms I have bought 1 year membership from hotfile. all these sites are blocked in my office so i subscribed for unlimited data plan, and you cant imagine how damn xpensive are these data plans in UAE.

_X_

Nov 29, 2008
Now NRGZ has made me addicted to his ROms I have bought 1 year membership from hotfile. all these sites are blocked in my office so i subscribed for unlimited data plan, and you cant imagine how damn xpensive are these data plans in UAE.

As far as I know, everything is expensive in UAE ... except oil :)

cybee

Jul 4, 2007
"Decided to turn on Internet Push in my ROMs (always been disabled). Now you'll get pretty thumbnails in Sense's internet Tab. yay."

Is it possible to turn this on in the rom of 1th may? I don`t will flash the new rom, but the feature of the thumbnails is good. Is there a registry tweak to activate this?

_X_

Nov 29, 2008
"Decided to turn on Internet Push in my ROMs (always been disabled). Now you'll get pretty thumbnails in Sense's internet Tab. yay."

Is it possible to turn this on in the rom of 1th may? I don`t will flash the new rom, but the feature of the thumbnails is good. Is there a registry tweak to activate this?

http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/how-to-disable-tf3d-push-internet-save-10mb-of-memory

here is how it was deactivated :)

also:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1176432&postcount=6

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=532948

Hi, could anyone drop me a hint on this thing i want if you mind? ...
Of course i've went thru whole XDA searching for workarounds, but they don't solve completely the matter... thanx!

I'd like to restore stock original slider to EnergyROM GTX or non GTX editions... however, all patches i found in the forum, revert the slider marker from transparent to non-transparent, but when a tab is selected, such icon (e.g. the little house, the sun in weather, etc) . doesn't show, so i suspect NRG edited other _manila files to achieve the fully transparent slider look.. anyone knows which _manila i should replace with stock ones to restore stock slider ? i prefer not to install full GTX theme over ROM....

thanks in advance

Shaamaan

Apr 30, 2010
I'm not sure I like the old Opera, especially since it feels less stable and far more problematic when actually browsing pages (system integration aside; I didn't run into any problems before).

Is there any place I could download archive ENERGY versions? I think I'd like to revert back to May 4th or even 1st and get Opera 10 back.

Also, I still don't know how to turn the vibration OFF on the soft Windows and X buttons. :( Could someone please throw me a hint regarding this?

HeavyComponent

Oct 31, 2007
NYC
I'm not sure I like the old Opera, especially since it feels less stable and far more problematic when actually browsing pages (system integration aside; I didn't run into any problems before).

Is there any place I could download archive ENERGY versions? I think I'd like to revert back to May 4th or even 1st and get Opera 10 back.

Also, I still don't know how to turn the vibration OFF on the soft Windows and X buttons. :( Could someone please throw me a hint regarding this?

Agreed!!! Def. feels less stable then Opera 10, but I can deal with it.

xma1e

Mar 31, 2008
i've had no unstability issues with the 4th may GTX version, haven't even reset it once since i flashed it on the 4th may :rolleyes:
could be certain apps used by some people causing problems as all i have added are TomTom and G-Alarm which give me no problems whatsoever

After my last post yesterday had to reset it 3 times. Seemed to be every time I was using the slider in manilla, normally to slide from today to SMS. Very bizzare because as I mentioned the rom had been stable for days and I not madfe any changes.

Anyway, that's all water under the bridge now because even NRG seemed to have problems with that build of OS. I think some guys just got lucky (or your not using your phone, just polishing it from time to time, bringing it out only to put some Apple user in their place):)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6.5.X & 6.5|ROM|WWE| Energy Series 29022 /21916 Sense 2.5 + Many Variations (See next post)

EnergyROM_Collection.png

Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch HD2 (Leo) device.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release
    I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

This firmware is compatible with all HD2 devices manufactured by HTC !

>> If you're an advanced user and know what you want already, jump directly to post #2 and download what build you'll like to install.

>> If you're a beginner, read on as there's a few things you need to do first.

• You need to install a modified "SPL" on your device that allows installation of custom ROMs such as this one. It's called a "Hard SPL" and it's in of these stickies at the top of this forum (not this thread!).

If you have a T-Mobile USA branded device, then you don't need to flash a "radio". The ROM will work just fine with it. However, if you own an asian or european HD2 then you NEED to flash a .50 radio.

I RECOMMEND FLASHING RADIO 2.07.50 or 2.12.50 !

After you install the correct radio, go on to post #2 and download the ROM of your choice. There's always a choice of 2 (sometimes 3) builds for each "flavor" of the ROM. Looking at the download folders you'll see:

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy :)

• A 29022 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ? :)

After flashing the ROM, please read the FAQ in post 4, and maybe even the links to the individual modifications for each ROM in post 2 (such as "Cookie", "GTX" etc). It will help you get more familiar with which one and will greatly reduce the initial learning curve.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs every few days, as new builds come down the pipe.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization), or the built in "Settings Exporter" in the Tools folder. Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD AND FLASH ANY OF THESE ROMS, MAKE SURE YOUR RADIO VERSION IS AT LEAST 2.07.50 (not 51! any .50 version should be okay) , OR YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BOOTUP AFTER YOU FLASH !
    IF YOU HAVE A TMOBILE USA DEVICE, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH A NEW RADIO, BUT 2.07.50 IS STILL RECOMMENDED TO WORK BEST WITH THIS ROM.

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

He means I need to do some Android ROMs for the HD2. Hmm... I think I just might. Maybe start off with skinning of t he existing ones to look like my WM ROMs then.. take it from there.
    Hi,

Great work the new 29005 seems to be a bit quicker, however unless it's me (always a possibility) none of the program icons appear to have the sencity skinning for instance in the start menu.

The start menu icons are NOT supposed to skinned. That's quite normal...
    This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
    They all come in two versions,
    Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
    quite a few more features and speed.

EnergyROM_Energy.png

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
    • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
    • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
    • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
    • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
    EnergyROM_Dinik.png

Dinik's "Anastasia"
    • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
    • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc

EnergyROM_sencity.png

_LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
    • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
    EnergyROM_TouchOfGlass.png

DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
    • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
    • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
    EnergyROM_GTX.png

ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
    • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
    • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

So looking at the poll numbers... CHT 2.0 trumps CHT 1.8.5 by a lot. :)