FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[WLP][5.0+] Reddit Wallpaper Changer (Automatic wallpapers from any subreddit)

159 posts
Thanks Meter: 62

By chibichuba, Senior Member on 8th February 2019, 10:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from chibichuba: Updated May 15th, 2019 - Version 3.8.3g
Wallpaper Changer for Reddit - Logo Banner

The app allows you to pick any subreddits from Reddit to automatically update your home/lockscreen wallpapers on a specified time interval (1m to 24h), with numerous customization features.

Pick any subreddits you want, and this app will use images from posts and automatically set them as your homescreen and/or lockscreen wallpapers. Loaded with features and custom settings.

Even if you're not a Redditor, I've included some popular and high-quality image subreddits for you to choose from.

I've designed the app's functionalities to be mindful of battery and storage, so the app only runs when it needs to update a wallpaper and manages its own footprint.

Downloads:

Play Store Link

XDA Labs Link

APK File for non-Google Services ROMs/Devices attached below (if attachments bugged, use XDA Labs)

Full changelog

Screenshots:
(View full album on Imgur)

Features:
  • Automatic wallpaper updates
  • Multi-subreddits (Any combination)
  • Home and/or lockscreen setting
  • Blur, darken, grayscale, and crop images automatically
  • Upvote filtering
  • Hot/Top/New sorting
  • NSFW filtering
  • High-quality only filtering
  • Tasker Integration
  • Wallpaper history logging
  • App shortcut widget
  • Network priority settings
  • Interactive notifications
  • Popular subreddit picker
    ...and many more

I dislike ads as much as everyone else, so I've tried made them as unobtrusive and minimal as possible and will never interfere with the functionality of the app. They can be removed for $0.99 (~£0.75), which helps fund a struggling college student

If you are interested in translating, please contact me with the form within the app. I will add you to the list of contributors and give you a promo code for the Pro upgrade.

XDA:DevDB Information
Wallpaper Changer for Reddit, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
chibichuba, Solid.Snake (French Translation)

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.8.3
Stable Release Date: 2019-05-15

Created 2019-02-08
Last Updated 2019-05-16
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chibichuba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chibichuba Ad-Free

8th February 2019, 10:56 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
9th February 2019, 04:45 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The app is great, but doesn't work well on my xiaomi Mi8 Lock screen. Works only in home screen. (Miui global 10.2)
12th February 2019, 08:49 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus Long

The app is great, but doesn't work well on my xiaomi Mi8 Lock screen. Works only in home screen. (Miui global 10.2)

Thanks for the support - I've been looking into getting certain features to work with different manufacturers. I'm leading to believe mfc like XiaoMi and HuaWei use different lockscreen frameworks that cause the AOSP wallpaper flags to fail. Hopefully in the near future I'll find a solution.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chibichuba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chibichuba Ad-Free
22nd February 2019, 12:48 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Hey OP great work! 😁
One suggestion I have for improvement is to have night mode feature where it only takes dark images at a specific time interval.
22nd February 2019, 06:31 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanides13

Hey OP great work!
One suggestion I have for improvement is to have night mode feature where it only takes dark images at a specific time interval.

Thanks! I love this idea and I've been researching about it, but it slows the image search down by a lot. It'll come around eventually, I just need to find the best way to implement it
The Following User Says Thank You to chibichuba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chibichuba Ad-Free
22nd February 2019, 09:13 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nice app,dev!I have a little request:can you make wallpaper to change everytime you turn on the screen like in 500 firepaper app? Thanks anyway
22nd February 2019, 04:40 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzo87

Nice app,dev!I have a little request:can you make wallpaper to change everytime you turn on the screen like in 500 firepaper app? Thanks anyway

Good idea, I'll see if I can add something similar. I forgot about 500 Firepaper, Chainfire did a really nice job with unique features
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chibichuba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chibichuba Ad-Free
22nd February 2019, 07:00 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
One more request : Can you please add option to manually change to a new wallpaper using some finger swipe gesture?
22nd February 2019, 08:27 PM |#10  
Flag Makawao, Maui, HI
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Possible BAD Bug.

Pixel 3XL here, not unlocked and not rooted...just pure android with Feb Patch.

Downloaded and installed. Let it change my wallpaper a few times. Then hit change once but then hit the home key during the change....I guess it was going through the process of changing the wallpaper as my wallpaper went from a graphic to black...and then the whole screen on my Pixel is black. Nothing. Reboot, google boot screen shows...then bam, BLACK screen. You can tell it thinks it's displaying a screen (lock screen, unlock with fingerprint gives haptic, etc) but it's all black, no words graphics nothing. Rebooted into Safe Mode....still solid black but says "Safe Mode" in the lower left corner. Eventually just had to factory reset via Recovery and phone is working perfectly fine now.

Not saying it was your app, but yours was the only thing I had downloaded in over a week....and I was literally using it when it happened. Still though, love the app!
22nd February 2019, 08:39 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidHonesty

Possible BAD Bug.

Pixel 3XL here, not unlocked and not rooted...just pure android with Feb Patch.

Downloaded and installed. Let it change my wallpaper a few times. Then hit change once but then hit the home key during the change....I guess it was going through the process of changing the wallpaper as my wallpaper went from a graphic to black...and then the whole screen on my Pixel is black. Nothing. Reboot, google boot screen shows...then bam, BLACK screen. You can tell it thinks it's displaying a screen (lock screen, unlock with fingerprint gives haptic, etc) but it's all black, no words graphics nothing. Rebooted into Safe Mode....still solid black but says "Safe Mode" in the lower left corner. Eventually just had to factory reset via Recovery and phone is working perfectly fine now.

Not saying it was your app, but yours was the only thing I had downloaded in over a week....and I was literally using it when it happened. Still though, love the app!

Damn I had heard of this with another wallpaper app but this is a first with mine. My deepest apologies if you lost any data. I'm putting this first priority to make sure it doesn't happen again.

My guess is SystemUI ran out of memory and crashed, and sometimes it takes up to 20-30 seconds for that service to get restarted - hence the black screen and device still responding to the fingerprint.

I'm going to PM you so we can try and figure out more of the details.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
reddit, tasker, wallpaper, wallpaper app for android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)