143 posts
Thanks Meter: 250

By pittvandewitt, Senior Member on 11th May 2020, 03:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th May 2020, 05:50 PM |#11  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I can confirm. my device also requires unlocking to even test the effects. I have a Galaxy A20 stock phone and quite frankly, it lacks severely with the sound quality on my headphones (Sony MDR-XB50AP/R). I have been looking for an alternative to Viper4Android which has really shown the power of the earbuds, but that requires rooting the phone and a supported ROM. I can understand the monetization of an app to help support the development and do not have an issue with that, but I gave this app a hard pass for two reasons:

1) You can't try the effects mode without paying the fee.
2) The fee for me was $5.49 to take a chance on it, yes I can get a refund on an IAP through Google, but that's not what I'd really like to do.

Why not set the app up to allow people to try the effects for say 20-30 minutes to allow them to see if it works for their needs and then charge the fee if they want to continue using it ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medfordite For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Medfordite Ad-Free
17th May 2020, 06:04 PM |#12  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 347

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittvandewitt

Thank you! I put a lot of thought in the design.

Legacy/regular mode is the best solution I could come up with to cope with the finicky audio sessions design Android has implemented. If it works or not depends on the music player you use and if your device manufacturer allows processing the global audio session or not. Sometimes both modes work and in the worst case nothing might work

The app makes use of standard libraries Android provides. Most of them are available since Android 2.3, but the DynamicsProcessing library is relatively new and allows for much more customizability. It allowed me to build the equalization and gain control features.

Default mode listens for audio sessions started by music players and applies these effects to them. Legacy mode applies them system-wide (session 0), but this may not work on all devices.

Thank you for the app. I've tried work fine with Spotify but not with PowerAmp (i've tried legacy mode with PowerAmp but not working) but as it a first version I hope this can solved in the future update.

So I guess I'll stick with Viper4Android from your release for now.

Sent from my beloved Oneplus 5T
17th May 2020, 06:37 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 250

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coilbio

Bought the app for developer support, awesome job! I was waiting to see when someone would pick up the audio development.
One less reason for root.

The only thing is clipping when adding bast boost. Bass tuning helps but volume clipping still happens.
Still awesome though.

Thank you!
There is a build in closed testing with a new function that reduces clipping at cost of increased latency. If I'm satisfied I'll release it publicly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medfordite

I can confirm. my device also requires unlocking to even test the effects. I have a Galaxy A20 stock phone and quite frankly, it lacks severely with the sound quality on my headphones (Sony MDR-XB50AP/R). I have been looking for an alternative to Viper4Android which has really shown the power of the earbuds, but that requires rooting the phone and a supported ROM. I can understand the monetization of an app to help support the development and do not have an issue with that, but I gave this app a hard pass for two reasons:

1) You can't try the effects mode without paying the fee.
2) The fee for me was $5.49 to take a chance on it, yes I can get a refund on an IAP through Google, but that's not what I'd really like to do.

Why not set the app up to allow people to try the effects for say 20-30 minutes to allow them to see if it works for their needs and then charge the fee if they want to continue using it ?

Thanks for the input and the support. I will think of a way to cleanly implement a short trail. It's easier said than done

Quote:
Originally Posted by aillez

Thank you for the app. I've tried work fine with Spotify but not with PowerAmp (i've tried legacy mode with PowerAmp but not working) but as it a first version I hope this can solved in the future update.

So I guess I'll stick with Viper4Android from your release for now.

Sent from my beloved Oneplus 5T

PowerAmp might work if you disable direct volume control in PA and enable legacy mode in Wavelet. The result differs depending on your phone. Else you may be able to get it to work using https://zackptg5.com/android.php#acp (requires root).
Current implementation is the best I can come up with. Android audio sessions are mess..
17th May 2020, 07:46 PM |#14  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Works pretty well with my S9+ (Exynos) and Sony 1000XM3, I tried Spotify and Spotify Stations, for Stations the app doesn't realize that music is playing, can you do something for this or is it up to Spotify?
17th May 2020, 08:54 PM |#15  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Working fine in legacy mode on my Pocophone, MIUI 11. I bought the pro version but i couldn't see the limiter option.
Could someone share some phone models for me to search in the autoeq list?
17th May 2020, 09:12 PM |#16  
Flag Mornington
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Very, very nice. Have it on my Pixel 3a and bought the pro key. Using my Sennheiser HD 120 and sounds fantastic. I like the Legacy mode as I use Google Podcasts most of the time and Wavelet doesn't detect it as a session but I believe this is correct. Could it detect GP so I could use the non Legacy features? Anyway, well done on a great app and slick UI.
17th May 2020, 10:14 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I needed to use legacy mode with Poweramp on my Samsung note 10 plus. I have yet to test this on my pixel 4 XL but I think it'll be the same thing I'll need to enable legacy mode in order to run this app through Poweramp. Sadly I'm missing the limiter option and all the audio effect features like bass boost virtualizer and stuff like that I'd have to pay for I thought the application is free. Is there some kind of code being passed around? If not let me know

Also, are there plans to update the application in order to fix some of the notable errors or issues that have been mentioned, particularly with audio static? Beyond that this is an exciting application and I'm excited to see where it goes. I've been looking for a viper4android alternative that didn't need root and this seems to be the gym that potentially can match that app. Keep up the good work!
17th May 2020, 10:44 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
"Wavelet was unable to initiate Dynamics processing effects"

XT1685, Android 9 RR 7.0.2
17th May 2020, 10:56 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 4,068

Donate to Me
More
How does Wavelet sound compared to Viper?
17th May 2020, 11:33 PM |#20  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 15

More
No AutoEQ for me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-05-18-06-02-52-774_com.pittvandewitt.wavelet.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	5021149  
The Following User Says Thank You to xUmaRix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xUmaRix Ad-Free
17th May 2020, 11:42 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xUmaRix

No AutoEQ for me

Did you plug in a headphone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)