FORUMS

View Poll Results: Do you like Today Weather support to Android Wear?

Yes

198 Vote(s)
73.06%
No

73 Vote(s)
26.94%

[APP] Today Weather - A beautiful weather app with many data sources

1,656 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,161

By thotran7989, Senior Member on 17th March 2017, 10:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th April 2020, 12:57 PM |#2201  
Thanks Meter: 245

More
App suddenly start to crash today (latest version)... Anyone else?

Poslano z mojega SM-G930F z uporabo Tapatalk
30th April 2020, 02:04 PM |#2202  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Thank you for finally adding the ability to change the order on the main screen!

Sent from my GM1925 using Tapatalk
1st May 2020, 08:41 AM |#2203  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotia_rfc

@thotran7989 Would it be possible to add data from the Met Office for UK weather? (https://metoffice.apiconnect.ibmclou...roduction/api)

This new API supports global weather also now apparently.

I would also love this
6th May 2020, 03:53 PM |#2204  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Foreca is lost
11th May 2020, 01:33 PM |#2205  
Thanks Meter: 344

More
does the developer read this thread anymore? I've also reached out via email a few time on different issues but have gotten no response.
20th May 2020, 03:24 PM |#2206  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I have switched to Today Weather since the Dark Sky acquisition. I would really, really appreciate the ability to disable immersive mode.

From the Android Developer guide:
Quote:

The immersive mode is intended for apps in which the user will be heavily interacting with the screen. Examples are games, viewing images in a gallery, or reading paginated content, like a book or slides in a presentation.

Quote:

You might be tempted to enable fullscreen mode just to maximize screen space for your app. But be mindful of how often users jump in and out of apps to check notifications, do impromptu searches, and more. Using fullscreen causes users to lose easy access to system navigation, so you should use fullscreen mode only when the benefit to the user experience goes beyond simply receiving a little extra space (such as to avoid accidental exits during a game or delivering a valuable immersive exerience for images, videos, and books).

20th May 2020, 04:00 PM |#2207  
Flag Anchorage
Thanks Meter: 20,988

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillerbee

I have switched to Today Weather since the Dark Sky acquisition. I would really, really appreciate the ability to disable immersive mode.

From the Android Developer guide:

Quoting the developer guide is meaningless. Might be better served to provide usage details on why you want it that way.
20th May 2020, 04:13 PM |#2208  
Flag Austin, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

Quoting the developer guide is meaningless. Might be better served to provide usage details on why you want it that way.

This:
Quote:

Using fullscreen causes users to lose easy access to system navigation

In my opinion, immersive mode makes sense in video apps, games. It doesn't make sense in a weather app.
I understand that this is my preference: I like having easy access to system navigation when checking the weather. For that reason, I would appreciate the ability to disable immersive mode.
20th May 2020, 04:19 PM |#2209  
Flag Anchorage
Thanks Meter: 20,988

More
Quote:

This:

In my opinion, immersive mode makes sense in video apps, games. It doesn't make sense in a weather app.
I understand that this is my preference: I like having easy access to system navigation when checking the weather. For that reason, I would appreciate the ability to disable immersive mode.

Well Then I would advise you to make your own app. Wait system navigation? Are you still using the nav bar that is slowly being removed from the os? Instead of the gestures which you should not lose while in the apps? I am just asking to maybe give the dev more info.
21st May 2020, 01:35 PM |#2210  
Flag Austin, TX

More
Quote:

Wait system navigation? Are you still using the nav bar that is slowly being removed from the os?

No. I'm referring to the status bar.
23rd May 2020, 12:09 AM |#2211  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 20,868

More
Quote:

No. I'm referring to the status bar.

Just swipe down, StatusBar shows...

Sent from my OnePlus 7T using Thebear Blue XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)