FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you like Today Weather support to Android Wear?

Yes

179 Vote(s)
73.36%
No

65 Vote(s)
26.64%

[APP] [AUTO - LIGHT - DARK MODE] Today Weather - A beautiful weather forecast app

1,235 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,725

By thotran7989, Senior Member on 17th March 2017, 10:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th March 2017, 08:12 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 189

More
It doesnt work on the MIUI8 for me (Xiaomi Mi4 6.0.1 and Mi5 7.0 neither) Message: check the network and try again. (Checked it with Wi-Fi and Mobile data also, but i got same issue)

18th March 2017, 10:05 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagyula

It doesnt work on the MIUI8 for me (Xiaomi Mi4 6.0.1 and Mi5 7.0 neither) Message: check the network and try again. (Checked it with Wi-Fi and Mobile data also, but i got same issue)

Your phone has google play?
18th March 2017, 10:12 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've been playing around with it for a while, and these are my thoughts so far:
  • The placement of the hamburger menu to the right strikes me at somewhat counter-intuitive, and also goes against the Android HIG. I'd much prefer a regular App Bar.
  • The use of full-screen mode is also kind of annoying – in my opinion, this mode should be reserved for content that calls for immersion like reading a book or watching a movie (and the Android HIG says more or less the same thing). I don't spend that much time in the weather app, and having to hunt for my home buttom when I'm done is kind of a hustle. There should at least be an option to disable it.
  • Why would I need to know the temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit? Also, a back-slash is not the right character to separate two temperature values, which adds to the confusion and looks off from a typographic standpoint.
  • The dark theme is neat, although it would be nice to have some options. But the dark widget really sticks out on most home screens, as does the dark notification. Also, that circle around the weather icon in the widget and notification adds unnecessary clutter to something that is otherwise quite minimalist.
  • The photos are nice and all, but sometimes it's not entirely clear what kind of weather they denote. A weather icon next to the temperature info would be nice.

All in all, I like the general style of the app. It also seems to work well from a technical standpoint, e.g. finding my location and updating like it should. It's just that some things, like the full screen mode, strikes me as form over function. Where this to follow the Android HIG, I could see myself using this instead of Weather Timeline which is my current daily driver for weather info.
18th March 2017, 10:16 AM |#24  
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 1,592

Donate to Me
More
Nice app with beautiful UI. Everything is on point.
Works fine on LOS on my M8.
18th March 2017, 10:18 AM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thotran7989

Your phone has google play?

yes
18th March 2017, 10:48 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

yes

Thanks,
Can you help me test with this version?
18th March 2017, 11:26 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdagee

Nice app with beautiful UI. Everything is on point.
Works fine on LOS on my M8.

Thanks
18th March 2017, 11:46 AM |#28  
Flag HY
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Beautyful looking app . Working only after changing data provider to "dark sky" on my D802 rooted with Magisk and AICP 7.1.1
18th March 2017, 01:28 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
How times has set refresh widget weather?
18th March 2017, 03:04 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thotran7989

Thanks,
Can you help me test with this version?

Ah, it works, but only with the Dark Sky...
The Following User Says Thank You to vagyula For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vagyula Ad-Free
18th March 2017, 03:40 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ah, it works, but only with the Dark Sky...

I update latest version on first post.
I tested on mi5 and it's working good...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)