FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][MOD] Today Weather - A beautiful weather app with more 10 data sources[P-CODES]

1,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,918
 
By thotran7989, Senior Member on 15th September 2019, 02:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th September 2019, 08:59 PM |#21  
Lughnasadh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 976
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrZambie

Anyone have problems with the app constantly using gyroscope and accelerometer? I did search the main thread to find someone had the same problem but no solution was given.

Yeah, I reported on this in the original thread a while back. It's still happening for me on the XDA edition as well.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1978
The Following User Says Thank You to Lughnasadh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lughnasadh Ad-Free
5th October 2019, 11:01 PM |#22  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I've done some digging around today and found out via logcat that the app is running a webview in the background. I've force stopped the webview and the sensor usage stops until it relaunches it again. Usually relaunching the app will also stop using the sensors. So far this seems to be a problem with Android 9 as I didn't have this on Android 8.

Code:
10-05 16:30:48.654 1121 1176 I ActivityManager: Start proc 27371:com.android.chrome:sandboxed_process0/u0i172 for webview_service mobi.lockdown.weather/org.chromium.content.app.SandboxedProcessService0
The Following User Says Thank You to SrZambie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SrZambie Ad-Free
21st October 2019, 12:25 PM |#23  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
i have the issue with WU too, it always reverts to accuweather
23rd October 2019, 11:09 AM |#24  
hawkwind's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cumbria
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Thanks for the update.
23rd October 2019, 12:27 PM |#25  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyshot

i have the issue with WU too, it always reverts to accuweather

still present on latest update
6th November 2019, 08:42 PM |#26  
Mayday_XL's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 88
 
More
Please can update this version to build 4?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 4 XL mit Tapatalk
7th November 2019, 05:59 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,918
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayday_XL

Please can update this version to build 4?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 4 XL mit Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyshot

still present on latest update

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyshot

i have the issue with WU too, it always reverts to accuweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrZambie

I've done some digging around today and found out via logcat that the app is running a webview in the background. I've force stopped the webview and the sensor usage stops until it relaunches it again. Usually relaunching the app will also stop using the sensors. So far this seems to be a problem with Android 9 as I didn't have this on Android 8.

Code:
10-05 16:30:48.654 1121 1176 I ActivityManager: Start proc 27371:com.android.chrome:sandboxed_process0/u0i172 for webview_service mobi.lockdown.weather/org.chromium.content.app.SandboxedProcessService0

I updated latest build, this build fixes this bug.
Thank you
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thotran7989 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thotran7989 Ad-Free
7th November 2019, 06:42 PM |#28  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
great , i confirm that weather underground works now
The Following User Says Thank You to robyshot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift robyshot Ad-Free
7th November 2019, 07:47 PM |#29  
mrm1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thotran7989


I updated latest build, this build fixes this bug.
Thank you

Thanks for the update. I still have the bug where you select icon set 1 in settings but the widget shows the wrong icon set .
8th November 2019, 02:24 AM |#30  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thotran7989

I updated latest build, this build fixes this bug.
Thank you

Sensors are still being used by the app still.
The Following User Says Thank You to SrZambie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SrZambie Ad-Free
12th November 2019, 03:54 AM |#31  
dpaine88's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Wow this is sweet, I am a paid user but stopped using the app , maybe due to the weather sources changing but stumbled upon this!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes