FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[App][7.0+] Widget Screensaver

1,126 posts
Thanks Meter: 268

By Humpie, Senior Member on 17th December 2018, 08:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Humpie: Simple app to turn any widget into a screensaver!
10th July 2019, 11:08 PM |#91  
v5.0:
Multiple profiles!
Tasker support to switch profiles
Little self promotion (if you can find it)
Fixed speed when widgets clumped

earlier:
Fixed widgets aligning top-left
Finished edge to edge theme
Fully Android Q compatible
New theme using Material Components
Widgets can now move as 1 block being clumped together (as requested)
Widgets can now be reordered (as requested) by dragging them and swiped away to remove
App has a new day/night theme
Extra preview button
Added darkness options

12th July 2019, 03:16 AM |#92  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Could you re examine the widgets selection screen? Some widgets don't show up such as lawnchair v2 launcher's widgets (get it from github, the play store release is very outdated). They however, show up on other launchers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using XDA Labs
13th July 2019, 09:04 PM |#93  
Flag New York

More
I'm on Google's Messages beta and they recently make the navbar transparent in the app even for Pie and below. Is there a chance you could do the same thing too?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190713-160022__01.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	4791703   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190713-160334.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	4791704  
13th July 2019, 09:48 PM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nice app
The Following User Says Thank You to RoxyApps For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RoxyApps Ad-Free
14th July 2019, 12:02 AM |#95  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnss98b

Could you re examine the widgets selection screen? Some widgets don't show up such as lawnchair v2 launcher's widgets (get it from github, the play store release is very outdated). They however, show up on other launchers.

The lawnchair "widget" as it shows up on the launcher is actually a shortcut and not a widget, so that's why my app won't recognize it. Shortcuts behave like app icons, which is a completely different implementation than widgets. There are however apps that allow you to create widgets that can launch a shortcut on tap. Try to Google it or if you know Tasker or KWGT, I believe it's also possible with those.

Quote:

I'm on Google's Messages beta and they recently make the navbar transparent in the app even for Pie and below. Is there a chance you could do the same thing too?

I could, but I try to follow Google's design advice. Below Q the buttons cannot change color based on the background like the do on Q and they'll be difficult to see. At least... that's what they told. I have no clue why Google doesn't follow their own advise though 😂. Apparently they even got to change the color of the button like on Q!
So yeah. I'll just follow what the guidelines say whenever they make up their mind haha
14th July 2019, 12:11 AM |#96  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpie

The lawnchair "widget" as it shows up on the launcher is actually a shortcut and not a widget, so that's why my app won't recognize it. Shortcuts behave like app icons, which is a completely different implementation than widgets. There are however apps that allow you to create widgets that can launch a shortcut on tap. Try to Google it or if you know Tasker or KWGT, I believe it's also possible with those.

I could, but I try to follow Google's design advice. Below Q the buttons cannot change color based on the background like the do on Q and they'll be difficult to see. At least... that's what they told. I have no clue why Google doesn't follow their own advise though 😂. Apparently they even got to change the color of the button like on Q!
So yeah. I'll just follow what the guidelines say whenever they make up their mind haha

Edit: added screenshot. This is how it currently looks for me with pie gestures and transparent nav bar.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20190714-010935.png
Views:	22
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	4791754  
14th July 2019, 12:31 AM |#97  
Flag New York

More
Quote:

Below Q, the navbar buttons don't change color automatically. Devs have to specify if they want dark or light buttons. On Q, the system samples content behind the navigation handle and adjusts its color accordingly to maintain contrast.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Quote:

Edit: added screenshot. This is how it currently looks for me with pie gestures and transparent nav bar.

You can specify in your app that you want the navigation buttons to be dark (for light mode at least). I think it would look way better than the current tinted navbar that we have in the latest release.

14th July 2019, 12:35 AM |#98  
Flag New York

More
Quote:

You are talking about the Actions shortcut but I meant the custom at a glance widget they have (or home widget)

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20190713-193425__01.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	4791758  
14th July 2019, 12:48 AM |#99  
Quote:

You are talking about the Actions shortcut but I meant the custom at a glance widget they have (or home widget)

Oh that one! I think it's lawnchair exclusive for some reason. It also doesn't appear on the Google Pixel launcher, so it's not a regular widget.
14th July 2019, 12:50 AM |#100  
Quote:

Below Q, the navbar buttons don't change color automatically. Devs have to specify if they want dark or light buttons. On Q, the system samples content behind the navigation handle and adjusts its color accordingly to maintain contrast.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

You can specify in your app that you want the navigation buttons to be dark (for light mode at least). I think it would look way better than the current tinted navbar that we have in the latest release.

Right, I was just thinking about how on older versions of Android some apps could have a white navigation bar with dark buttons. But with a transparent nav bar that would result in just dark buttons! I'll try that!
14th July 2019, 03:47 AM |#101  
Flag New York

More
Quote:

Right, I was just thinking about how on older versions of Android some apps could have a white navigation bar with dark buttons. But with a transparent nav bar that would result in just dark buttons! I'll try that!

Thank you, appreciate the effort!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)