FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[App][7.0+] Widget Screensaver

1,125 posts
Thanks Meter: 268

By Humpie, Senior Member on 17th December 2018, 08:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Humpie: Simple app to turn any widget into a screensaver!
22nd December 2018, 07:19 PM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappie Toutenhoofd

Great project!!
One feature to consider is an option to disable the click-action(s) of the widget itself.
For a music-widget it is great, that I can pause/resume while staying in screen saver (! unintended gem !)
But for a calendar/agenda-widget, I might not want my agenda to open.

Again great project, coffee on its way to you or a Grolsch

Don't worry, the touch on the widget was intended haha, I'm making a widget currently that animates upon touch so I needed it. But I like the idea being able to turn it off, so it's going in my to-do list

And thank you very much

22nd December 2018, 07:43 PM |#12  
Flag Kerens
Thanks Meter: 1,395

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopletsz

Is this useable only when charged? And if not, is it not battery consuming?

I think you figured out the answer!

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

This tool is totally incompatible with KWGT. I think the issue is that you need to click the widget to configure it and clicking on widgets with the screensaver active is making it impossible to interact with whatever pops up.

I think the screen saver needs to be turned off before sending the click to the widget. If this isn't default behavior, it should at least be an option (and maybe auto selected based on the app name of the widget).

A faster animation mode would be nice too ... have the widget slowly sliding over the screen
22nd December 2018, 09:25 PM |#13  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Are you considering adding the ability to show more than 1 widget? There are some small widgets that I would like to use at the same time because they work well together and they don't take up the whole screen so burn-in protection can still work

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Also I have a quick suggestion, widget's horizontal and vertical sizes should have separate sliders for different screen orientations. Widget size is messed up with some widgets such as spotify's when you rotate the screen
23rd December 2018, 01:26 AM |#14  
I'll get back to your suggestions tomorrow, but first I'd like to share something for people that have been asking for a way to use the screensaver as an always on display.
This was actually very easy to do with Tasker, so if you have Tasker, enjoy: https://taskernet.com/shares/?user=A...hen+Screen+Off
Yes, this also makes the screensaver start if you're not docked or charging
The Following User Says Thank You to Humpie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Humpie Ad-Free
23rd December 2018, 02:06 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelChris95

The native android screen saver feature is only running while charging or docked. So yes, this is only running while charging.

Ehh btw, i cannot run it. Im in emui, any problems with that i think?
23rd December 2018, 11:46 AM |#16  
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopletsz

Ehh btw, i cannot run it. Im in emui, any problems with that i think?

Yes unfortunately... EMUI removed the functionality... However, Android is Android so XDA has a solution https://www.xda-developers.com/how-t...-running-emui/
The Following User Says Thank You to Humpie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Humpie Ad-Free
23rd December 2018, 12:21 PM |#17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by uudruid74

I think you figured out the answer!

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

This tool is totally incompatible with KWGT. I think the issue is that you need to click the widget to configure it and clicking on widgets with the screensaver active is making it impossible to interact with whatever pops up.

I think the screen saver needs to be turned off before sending the click to the widget. If this isn't default behavior, it should at least be an option (and maybe auto selected based on the app name of the widget).

A faster animation mode would be nice too ... have the widget slowly sliding over the screen

Thanks for the tip! I'm working on compatibility with some widgets. Some don't resize properly and some, like you said, require touch to be set up. I'm thinking about maybe a set-up screen where you can resize the widget and preview how large it'll get. This will also allow touch set-ups then. However this probably will take some time as I have numerous bugs to fix and it's just me haha.
23rd December 2018, 12:24 PM |#18  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnss98b

Are you considering adding the ability to show more than 1 widget? There are some small widgets that I would like to use at the same time because they work well together and they don't take up the whole screen so burn-in protection can still work

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Also I have a quick suggestion, widget's horizontal and vertical sizes should have separate sliders for different screen orientations. Widget size is messed up with some widgets such as spotify's when you rotate the screen

I am considering it, especially now more people ask for it. What would you think about splitting the screen in two and having the widgets move around in their halves? I think more than two widgets would definitely get tricky, especially on smaller displays...

Suggestion noted! I agree it shouldn't be like this
23rd December 2018, 06:15 PM |#19  
Cool Idea and Well Build App
👍
The Following User Says Thank You to Geeks Empire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Geeks Empire Ad-Free
24th December 2018, 09:16 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
This app can keep multiple widgets at screensaver since 2015.
https://apkpure.com/daydream-widgets...aydreamwidgets
24th December 2018, 02:18 PM |#21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextheart

This app can keep multiple widgets at screensaver since 2015.
https://apkpure.com/daydream-widgets...aydreamwidgets

Wow amazing! I never found this one, too bad it's not in the play store anymore and not updated in this long...
I do like the multiple page system, so that the widgets alternate. Maybe that's something I'll implement as well. I however don't see a burn-in protected multi-widget option in the app, so that's something I could maybe do better :P
Anyways, first I have to finish the widget setup activity (which I'm currently working on), so that all widgets can be set-up and resized correctly
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)