Today, I'm proud to present a port I've made of Xiaomi Mimoji. It's compatible with (probably most) Android 5.0+ devices that run ARM based processors. It includes many more Mimojis than the Nokia Camera port I'm also the author of, although I must say, theirs work better.
- 12 Mimojis, with video recording of up to
10now 30 secs.
- Change the audio pitch to Women, Men and Cartoon.
- Save the result to your gallery or share the video.
- Removed MIUI CTA in order for the app to work in non-Xiaomi devices.
- Changed all trackings, crash, error reports and A/B experiments URLs to non-existent URLs.
(This means, no information is being sent to Chinese servers out of your device, thanks @p4block )
- Unlocked Cartoon voice effect, although it seems to be similar if not the same to the Original voice.
- App translated from Chinese into English by myself - Some texts may not be accurate!
- Videos length can now reach up to 30 seconds, instead of the default 10s (Added in version 1.0.0-bea5a2c4)
Things I'm aware of:
- On older devices, the video preview of the animojis seems to look poor in-app, but the exported video looks just fine.
- Face tracking isn't good, but I'm definitely not responsible for that #BlameXiaomeme.
Mirror 3 (MACE) Mirror 2 (AFH)
Git patch between versions ad21f99 and bea5a2c4
Download version 1.0.0-ad21f99 Mirror
Git diff containing the app changes, so that you can verify and audit them
Special thanks: @j1505243 for the original APK from his various Xiaomi system dumps, @p4block for suggesting the removal of the Chinese servers connections, and Jose, of course.
Xiaomi Mimoji Port, App for all devices (see above for details)
Source Code: linuxct.space
Current Stable Version: Mimoji-1.0.0-bea5a2c
Stable Release Date: 2018-10-11
Current Beta Version: Mimoji-1.0.0-ad21f99
Beta Release Date: 2018-10-10
Last Updated 2018-10-11