[App][5.0+][Universal] Xiaomi Mimoji Port - Get them on any device!

Search This thread

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012

Hello everyone,
Today, I'm proud to present a port I've made of Xiaomi Mimoji. It's compatible with (probably most) Android 5.0+ devices that run ARM based processors. It includes many more Mimojis than the Nokia Camera port I'm also the author of, although I must say, theirs work better.

App features:
  • 12 Mimojis, with video recording of up to 10 now 30 secs.
  • Change the audio pitch to Women, Men and Cartoon.
  • Save the result to your gallery or share the video.
MOD features:
  • Removed MIUI CTA in order for the app to work in non-Xiaomi devices.
  • Changed all trackings, crash, error reports and A/B experiments URLs to non-existent URLs.
    (This means, no information is being sent to Chinese servers out of your device, thanks @p4block )
  • Unlocked Cartoon voice effect, although it seems to be similar if not the same to the Original voice.
  • App translated from Chinese into English by myself - Some texts may not be accurate!
  • Videos length can now reach up to 30 seconds, instead of the default 10s (Added in version 1.0.0-bea5a2c4)

ngVy0Il.png
AFL7pgA.png
9sZZLuQ.png

Things I'm aware of:
- On older devices, the video preview of the animojis seems to look poor in-app, but the exported video looks just fine.
- Face tracking isn't good, but I'm definitely not responsible for that #BlameXiaomeme.

Special thanks: @j1505243 for the original APK from his various Xiaomi system dumps, @p4block for suggesting the removal of the Chinese servers connections, and Jose, of course.

XDA:DevDB Information
Xiaomi Mimoji Port, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
linuxct
Source Code: linuxct.space

Version Information
Current Stable Version: Mimoji-1.0.0-bea5a2c
Stable Release Date: 2018-10-11
Current Beta Version: Mimoji-1.0.0-ad21f99
Beta Release Date: 2018-10-10

Created 2018-10-10
Last Updated 2018-10-11

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
After not even a whole day since making this project public, I'm releasing an update for it, making it now possible to record Mimoji videos of up to 30 seconds*.

Downloads can be found in the first post under the version 1.0.0-bea5a2c4.

*: If under popular demand it's requested to increase it, it's possible and would be taken into consideration for future updates.

smart123123

Feb 27, 2016
It is crashing on my device. I m having htc desire 820 on android 6... What could be the reason... It opens but after some time it crashes and also nothing is shown in the square part..

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Noticed a thing... When my phone is away from face... And i select any emoji, it starts showing in the square but as soon as i bring my face infront of the camera it crashes...

xdaNewbieDroidy

May 27, 2016
Working fine on redmi 4x running official lineageos15.1. Great work dev, so lit. It does not detect the tongue. Sometimes it glitches #xiaomeme haha. Overall, it works. Looking forward for the development in the future.

EDIT: just this morning, the mememoji turns black. I don't see the images just pure black. But it moves and records but the output is black.

Last edited:

LegendM

Jun 18, 2012
Ankara
I'm using Galaxy S8 with latest september patch in Oreo

It works well but recording is not working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello everyone,
    Today, I'm proud to present a port I've made of Xiaomi Mimoji. It's compatible with (probably most) Android 5.0+ devices that run ARM based processors. It includes many more Mimojis than the Nokia Camera port I'm also the author of, although I must say, theirs work better.

App features:
    • 12 Mimojis, with video recording of up to 10 now 30 secs.
    • Change the audio pitch to Women, Men and Cartoon.
    • Save the result to your gallery or share the video.
    MOD features:
    • Removed MIUI CTA in order for the app to work in non-Xiaomi devices.
    • Changed all trackings, crash, error reports and A/B experiments URLs to non-existent URLs.
      (This means, no information is being sent to Chinese servers out of your device, thanks @p4block )
    • Unlocked Cartoon voice effect, although it seems to be similar if not the same to the Original voice.
    • App translated from Chinese into English by myself - Some texts may not be accurate!
    • Videos length can now reach up to 30 seconds, instead of the default 10s (Added in version 1.0.0-bea5a2c4)

ngVy0Il.png
    AFL7pgA.png
    9sZZLuQ.png

Things I'm aware of:
    - On older devices, the video preview of the animojis seems to look poor in-app, but the exported video looks just fine.
    - Face tracking isn't good, but I'm definitely not responsible for that #BlameXiaomeme.

Special thanks: @j1505243 for the original APK from his various Xiaomi system dumps, @p4block for suggesting the removal of the Chinese servers connections, and Jose, of course.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Xiaomi Mimoji Port, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    linuxct
    Source Code: linuxct.space

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Mimoji-1.0.0-bea5a2c
    Stable Release Date: 2018-10-11
    Current Beta Version: Mimoji-1.0.0-ad21f99
    Beta Release Date: 2018-10-10

Created 2018-10-10
    Last Updated 2018-10-11
    After not even a whole day since making this project public, I'm releasing an update for it, making it now possible to record Mimoji videos of up to 30 seconds*.

Downloads can be found in the first post under the version 1.0.0-bea5a2c4.

*: If under popular demand it's requested to increase it, it's possible and would be taken into consideration for future updates.
    how I install them?sorry for the nood question

download it, rename the .apk extension into .wtf extension, enjoy. :good:
    Both the main download server as well as AndroidFileHost mirror's are unresponsive due to traffic saturation, so I've uploaded it to a third mirror, which can be found below and in the OP.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.0.0-bea5a2c4 (MIRROR 3)