FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.0+] youtube-dl Material GUI for Android - Avidd

432 posts
Thanks Meter: 634
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Most of you will be familiar with that awesome command line video downloader for python called youtube-dl. It supports not just YouTube but hundreds of video portal around the web. I've been working on GUI for this command for android for quite some time now and I'm here to share the results with you.



I have been working on a GUI for youtube-dl on Android for quite some time now. It works on my Samsung i9500 on CM13. I need your help in confirming that it works for other devices, especially 64bit devices.

I've uploaded it to the Play Store Beta program for easy feedback options. I cannot support YouTube in the Play Store because it's against their TOS. However, I'll share a plugin that will enable YouTube support for xda users.

You need both the app and plugin for youtube to work.

Home page: www.aviddapp.com

Please leave feedback. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: apk plugin-yt-release.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.24 MB, 4476 views)
File Type: apk avidd_1.01.apk - [Click for QR Code] (7.43 MB, 708 views)
File Type: apk avidd_1.03.apk - [Click for QR Code] (7.44 MB, 1398 views)
File Type: apk avidd_1.05.apk - [Click for QR Code] (6.63 MB, 6174 views)
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to royale1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift royale1223 Ad-Free
 
 
12th November 2016, 10:55 AM |#3  
StariX37's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 179
 
More
Nice work..downloading it right now.
12th November 2016, 11:29 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Kota Bharu
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Could we have the option to sign in to our account? Also the app frequently crashed on my phone

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
ROM: XenonHD 7.1
12th November 2016, 01:17 PM |#5  
royale1223's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Calicut
Thanks Meter: 634
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Random_Guy

Could we have the option to sign in to our account? Also the app frequently crashed on my phone

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
ROM: XenonHD 7.1

Hi, please report and crashes. I think signing in the account is going to be difficult.
12th November 2016, 03:06 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thanks a lot
I have already given a thumbs up to the post. But still wanted to just say thanks. This guide was really helpful! Cheers!
12th November 2016, 08:33 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Works in CM14.1, Moto G 2014. It would be nice to have an option to store to the external SD card with DocumentProvider storage.

I am able to store to the external SD card if I create an app folder like "/storage/SD_CARD_FOLDER/Android/data/com.randomapp.blah", however, I would prefer to just store to a custom folder.

Anyways, thanks for this. I have been looking for a youtube-dl gui for Android for a while.
13th November 2016, 02:37 AM |#8  
royale1223's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Calicut
Thanks Meter: 634
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paed808

Works in CM14.1, Moto G 2014. It would be nice to have an option to store to the external SD card with DocumentProvider storage.

I am able to store to the external SD card if I create an app folder like "/storage/SD_CARD_FOLDER/Android/data/com.randomapp.blah", however, I would prefer to just store to a custom folder.

Anyways, thanks for this. I have been looking for a youtube-dl gui for Android for a while.

Thank you. Document provider support will be added soon.
13th November 2016, 09:29 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Kota Bharu
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by royale1223

Hi, please report and crashes. I think signing in the account is going to be difficult.

It crashes a few seconds when it says loading. Sometime it doesn't
13th November 2016, 09:51 AM |#10  
StariX37's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 179
 
More
Well this app..works perfectly for me . Running on Android 7.1.1 on my Nexus 6P. Great App
The Following User Says Thank You to StariX37 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StariX37 Ad-Free
13th November 2016, 12:36 PM |#11  
royale1223's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Calicut
Thanks Meter: 634
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Random_Guy

It crashes a few seconds when it says loading. Sometime it doesn't

Can you report the crash from the phone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, material apps, material design, video downloader, youtube-dl

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes