Thanks Meter: 686

Post Reply Email Thread
7th March 2018, 08:38 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 570

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by royale1223

New version 1.14:

- New best video/audio options via intent chooser(share dialog from browser etc.)
- Removed search functionality as it is abarely useful and hard to maintain
- Fixed some crashes

I have the following issues:

1. The app is crashing when finalizing the download using the bestvideo option when sharing (attached log).
2. The app crashs if you put it in the background (click the home button, recents...) shortly after adding a link and before the "Loading..." animation appears.
3. The selection menu in the downloads tab only works in the first moment, if you make the selection, click the back icon in the upper left corner and try to select again, the menu will not appear.
4. For some reason the app does not pass the "Loading..." screen when I try to download a vimeo link, but in QPython it works normally, could you take a look?

And some suggestions:
1. Add the "best" parameter to the share menu. In that case youtube-dl will download the single file that contains the best video and best audio (probably prioritizing the video quality).
2. Some sites do not offer separate video and audio files, so Avidd will not download anything if you share a link of this type of site using "bestvideo" or "bestaudio". It would be nice to add a toast message informing the user in that case.

And seriously, I respect you a lot for bringing youtube-dl in an easy way. Thank you so much for your time and great work!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log_2018-03-07_16-59-29.txt - [Click for QR Code] (403.4 KB, 10 views)

8th March 2018, 08:54 AM |#102  
OP Senior Member
Flag Calicut

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMyKaSii

I have the following issues:

1. The app is crashing when finalizing the download using the bestvideo option when sharing (attached log).
2. The app crashs if you put it in the background (click the home button, recents...) shortly after adding a link and before the "Loading..." animation appears.
3. The selection menu in the downloads tab only works in the first moment, if you make the selection, click the back icon in the upper left corner and try to select again, the menu will not appear.
4. For some reason the app does not pass the "Loading..." screen when I try to download a vimeo link, but in QPython it works normally, could you take a look?

And some suggestions:
1. Add the "best" parameter to the share menu. In that case youtube-dl will download the single file that contains the best video and best audio (probably prioritizing the video quality).
2. Some sites do not offer separate video and audio files, so Avidd will not download anything if you share a link of this type of site using "bestvideo" or "bestaudio". It would be nice to add a toast message informing the user in that case.

And seriously, I respect you a lot for bringing youtube-dl in an easy way. Thank you so much for your time and great work!

Hi, thank you for the deatiled writeup.
Bugs: I think I have already fixed 1 and 3 in 1.14. 2 I have fixed now. 4, I'll look into later.
Suggestions: 1 - the best video option will already do that. 2 - I have added this in 1.16.

New version 1.16 is now available in play Store and xda.

Changes:
- Fixed some crashes and bugs.
The Following User Says Thank You to royale1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift royale1223 Ad-Free
13th March 2018, 12:58 AM |#103  
Flag Mexico
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Mi Mix2 not
It doesn't work in Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
13th March 2018, 05:16 AM |#104  
OP Senior Member
Flag Calicut

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casos

It doesn't work in Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Hi, can you tell me more? Where did the app stop?
13th March 2018, 03:39 PM |#105  

More
@royale1223 I think it would not be appropriate to do my bug report here so I sent you a private message
17th March 2018, 08:37 PM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag Calicut

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@royale1223 I think it would not be appropriate to do my bug report here so I sent you a private message

Thanks you. It was a valuable pm.

New version 1.18 released:
- Option to copy link and view other formats from download manager.
- Bug fixes.
The Following User Says Thank You to royale1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift royale1223 Ad-Free
17th March 2018, 08:49 PM |#107  

More
Quote:

Thanks you. It was a valuable pm.

New version 1.18 released:
- Option to copy link and view other formats from download manager.
- Bug fixes.

I do not want to sound too anxious but v1.18 has not yet appeared here in the PlayStore
The latest version is still 1.16.2

Edit: Now the last version has appeared. But with the terrible speed of 15KB/s in the initial configuration. If possible consider migrating to another host, github offers direct link
21st March 2018, 02:52 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It's not really useful without actual youtube support. Play version is naturally neutered (thanks Ob- Google!), but version from 1st post doesn't even install on stock S J3 2016.
21st March 2018, 03:24 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 70

Donate to Me
More
Keep saying extraction video format failed.
22nd March 2018, 10:20 AM |#110  
OP Senior Member
Flag Calicut

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztmazhnh

It's not really useful without actual youtube support. Play version is naturally neutered (thanks Ob- Google!), but version from 1st post doesn't even install on stock S J3 2016.

Early users know what to do.

Quote:

I do not want to sound too anxious but v1.18 has not yet appeared here in the PlayStore
The latest version is still 1.16.2

Edit: Now the last version has appeared. But with the terrible speed of 15KB/s in the initial configuration. If possible consider migrating to another host, github offers direct link

Thanks, excellent suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycholyzern

Keep saying extraction video format failed.

Which site.

I have uploaded 1.18.1 to OP, some minor changes. Please note - version 1.19 in playstore is beta and will be less stabler than 1.18.
22nd March 2018, 10:56 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 70

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Which site.

Youtube. Btw I updated to the latest and it says Youtube is not supported. I thought the apk uploaded support youtube. Seems that both apk and playstore version does not support youtube?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, material apps, material design, video downloader, youtube-dl

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)