Vanced is a well known modded version of YouTube with many features such as adblocking and background playback, the full list can be found below:
The one and only, official Vanced website There are other sites that are fake, contain ads (possibly even malware) and have older versions. Always check from the official site or from here at XDA.
Read the first and second post before asking/posting anything.
- YouTube Vanced IS NOT YouTube Premium
- Blocks all YouTube ADs (some options are togglable)
- Background playback feature
- Force VP9(or HDR) or vice versa
- Override Max Resolution
- Pinch to Zoom on all devices
- Casting togglable (can be forced off)
- Togglable Theme (White/Dark/Black)
- PiP (Oreo Only)
- Video window new or old style
- Repeat video feature
- Preffered Resolution & Speed feature
- Swipe controls for Volume and Brightness
- New Logo by @Logan
Vanced website (GDrive) (All versions)
Alternative Mirrors: AFH (rarely updated) Mediafire (only the latest)
Installation Instructions:NB!Explanation of the (Ad)Vanced options of the official installer:
Non-root: Install the apk normally and install microg found in the download links above.
- Download the official installer found in downloads above
- Select a suitable apk for your device (check your architecture using an app such as CPU-Z) and the secondary theme you want to. (All apks include the white theme)
- Place the downloaded apk into /sdcard/Downloads or inside the installation zip
- Uninstall all YouTube updates and disable auto-update in the playstore (If you are able to completely uninstall the youtube app do so)
- Flash the installer in TWRP
There are a total of 3 ways to install the module via magisk.
The first and most simple way is to install it via the magisk repo and it is the recommended way.
The second way is to place "Install via magisk.plz" or enable magisk install in the settings.sh from the root installer.
The third and final way is to use the magisk modules provided on the Download Mirrors.
Uninstall all YouTube updates and disable auto-update in the playstore (If you are able to completely uninstall the youtube app do so). Updated app will override the app installed in the system partition so even if the mod installation succeeds, you will not see it.
Vanced makes use of both a settings.sh and plz files as parameters while installing.
Using the settings.sh
- SEARCHFOLDER - Path where to search for iYTBP Apk's (must be a subfolder on sdcard!)
- MAGINSTALL - Use magisk installation instead of root installation. (Possible Values: YES/NO)
- DETACH - Detach Youtube from playstore to disable update notifications. (Possible Values: YES/NO)
- ATTACH - Attach Youtube to playstore if it was previously detached. (Possible Values: YES/NO)
- UNINSTALL - Completely uninstall iYTBP: root version, magisk module and detach module (Possible Values: YES/NO)
Using the plz files (Use only the ones you want)
(All should be placed in /sdcard/Download/)
- iYTBP_install_via_magisk.plz - Use magisk installation instead of root installation
- iYTBP_detach_from_playstore.plz - Detach Youtube from playstore to disable update notifications.
- iYTBP_attach_to_playstore.plz - Attach Youtube to playstore if it was previously detached.
- iYTBP_uninstall.plz - Completely uninstall iYTBP: root version, magisk module and detach module.
- What bugs? Never heard of them.
- Buying things within the nonroot version of the app causes crash. Likely due to MicroG but tbh, it's better this way for your security. Just use original youtube to buy the stuff you want.
- Ok, not really a bug but since people don't read it's experimental, ExoPlayer V2 might be causing crashes when coming back from background playback on some devices.
- Non-Root stuck on I Agree Page? -> https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=9772
Thread Managed by @ZaneZam, @Razerman, @KevinX8 and @laura almeida