FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][MOD][ROOT/MAGISK/NONROOT] YouTube Vanced Edition

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,050
 
By Team Vanced, Junior Member on 4th March 2018, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th May 2019, 06:57 PM |#10021  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 497
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris9000

Seem to be having problems adding an account. I get to the TOS and can't get past all the spinning that happens after I press "I agree." Installed an older version of YT Vanced and reinstalled MicroG with no luck. Rebooted too.

5th post above yours.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndrzejDwo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndrzejDwo Ad-Free
 
 
8th May 2019, 08:44 PM |#10022  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrzejDwo

5th post above yours.

The first fix worked! I haven't used chrome mobile in ages and I've been using Firefox more and more. Might even have to explore uninstalling Chrome completely and keep Brave as a Chromium backup for those occasions where Firefox can't load something.
8th May 2019, 10:54 PM |#10023  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 232
 
More
Had this problem earlier on a friend's phone that isn't rooted. Seems like there needs to be a micro-g vanced update to fix it without disabling Chrome. Even after the Chrome fix casting is broken.
The Following User Says Thank You to BoboBrazil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BoboBrazil Ad-Free
9th May 2019, 01:28 AM |#10024  
Senior Member
Flag Gatineau
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
did a search and did not find anything for my problem.
When I watch a video in portrait or landscape mode YTV randomly sends the video to PIP mode on its own. It does not happen when the video is minimized within YTV.
Everything was working fine until I updated my Google Pixel 3xl (9 Pie) from March to May security update. Also updated magisk from 18.1 to 19.1
Tried clear storage, removed and re-installed YTV. Disabled PIP from system settings, re-enabled in system settings then in YTV.
Any help?

edit: ho yeah, using the magisk version...
9th May 2019, 02:18 AM |#10025  
Sanarise's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrzejDwo

Thanks to @DiamondJohn you can try this one:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...7/post79423618

I appreciate the response, but I can't figure out how to actually run his version of the detach script.
The universal installer didn't seem to recognize the script when I installed Vanced again, and I couldn't find a way to run the script individually in twrp or magisk.

It seems really backwards to me that the rooted version of Vanced is having all these issues with getting updated, while it sounds like the non-rooted version doesn't have any issues at all.
9th May 2019, 02:24 AM |#10026  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 497
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanarise

I appreciate the response, but I can't figure out how to actually run his version of the detach script.
The universal installer didn't seem to recognize the script when I installed Vanced again, and I couldn't find a way to run the script individually in twrp or magisk.

It seems really backwards to me that the rooted version of Vanced is having all these issues with getting updated, while it sounds like the non-rooted version doesn't have any issues at all.

You need to understand that rooted version has got exactly the same package name as GYT, that's why Playstore wants to update it. Non rooted version has its own package name and it's safe from updates but you can't use direct links with it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndrzejDwo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndrzejDwo Ad-Free
9th May 2019, 02:28 AM |#10027  
Sanarise's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrzejDwo

You need to understand that rooted version has got exactly the same package name as GYT, that's why Playstore wants to update it. Non rooted version has its own package name and it's safe from updates but you can't use direct links with it.

That definitely makes sense, but then what's the advantage of using the rooted version?
By 'direct links' do you mean I can't easily share a video link or timestamp out to other apps or something?
9th May 2019, 02:33 AM |#10028  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 497
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanarise

That definitely makes sense, but then what's the advantage of using the rooted version?
By 'direct links' do you mean I can't easily share a video link or timestamp out to other apps or something?

With direct links I mean that every YT link (like a shared link, or link on the website) will open in YTV app by default. With non rooted version the link will open in GYT.

Edit: @DiamondJohn described how to use his scripts. One you run only ones (with terminal or file manager-if it supports) and the other is a boot script, so it probably needs to be added to init.d folder.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndrzejDwo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndrzejDwo Ad-Free
9th May 2019, 02:37 AM |#10029  
Sanarise's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrzejDwo

With direct links I mean that every YT link (like a shared link, or link on the website) will open in YTV app by default. With non rooted version the link will open in GYT.

Ah, I see.
That does seem a bit annoying, but I could probably deal with that until the rooted version gets a more proper fix.
Thanks for clarifying!
9th May 2019, 03:21 AM |#10030  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi, I'm new. I have a problem, I can't log in with my gmail account. I put my email my password and everything is fine, but when I hit the button ''i agree'' it stays loaded all the time. I've reinstalled Vanced and Micro like 10 times and still can't log in, any help? thank you.


9th May 2019, 03:29 AM |#10031  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 497
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexxx666

Hi, I'm new. I have a problem, I can't log in with my gmail account. I put my email my password and everything is fine, but when I hit the button ''i agree'' it stays loaded all the time. I've reinstalled Vanced and Micro like 10 times and still can't log in, any help? thank you.

No way, not again!
Scroll this page up, then back one page (page with your post) . Or go directly to page 1, post 2.

Since you are new, didn't you read in XDA RULES that first thing to do is read the OP, and search before posting questions?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
youtube

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes