https://imgur.com/a/aure8zn
12th September 2019, 06:08 PM |#12112  
Thanks Meter: 750

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusei

Not that kinda of ads.

Look at this screenshot - https://imgur.com/a/JDRWYjg

This is a alarm ad not related with anything with any channel.

looks to me like a regional ad from a region the devs don't have access to.
that means they don't have a way of finding out how to block it.
12th September 2019, 06:24 PM |#12113  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Anyone know of a way to get it to start videos in full screen when in landscape mode?

I'm using google assistant to play videos, so having to click the full screen button is kind of defeating the purpose. Since "Ok google, Maximize" doesn't work.

If this isn't an option. This would really make for a nice option.
12th September 2019, 06:34 PM |#12114  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Hey all. I have a really strange question.

At long last youtube primium has came to Israel and I have subscribed immediately because I love supporting any content that I enjoy.

Problem is, the dedicated youtube app itself lacks many settings that I enjoy in youtube vanced like locking resolution, removing stories, ect...

Now the question is:
Will watching YouTube vance with YouTube primium subscription still generate the creators that I watch a revenue from me?

Thank you.
12th September 2019, 06:41 PM |#12115  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigL

Hey all. I have a really strange question.

At long last youtube primium has came to Israel and I have subscribed immediately because I love supporting any content that I enjoy.

Problem is, the dedicated youtube app itself lacks many settings that I enjoy in youtube vanced like locking resolution, removing stories, ect...

Now the question is:
Will watching YouTube vance with YouTube primium subscription still generate the creators that I watch a revenue from me?

Thank you.

as long as your watch is recorded on Google's end(which vanced doesn't actively block) it should count as a premium view, and generate extra revenue for the uploader.(yes, youtubers often earn more per premium view than per ad view)
The Following User Says Thank You to thedicemaster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thedicemaster Ad-Free
12th September 2019, 06:46 PM |#12116  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedicemaster

as long as your watch is recorded on Google's end(which vanced doesn't actively block) it should count as a premium view, and generate extra revenue for the uploader.(yes, youtubers often earn more per premium view than per ad view)

Excellent! Thank you for the quick answer.
I know that primium view is worth more that is why I subscribed.
I just can't support ads - I hate them too much.

Thanks again
12th September 2019, 06:46 PM |#12117  
Quote:

It's not updated.

https://imgur.com/a/aure8zn

QUOTE=rippledrums;78343486]If you had used the search function you would have found out that Vanced is supposed to block ads on videos and that that home screen ad is a design issue, can't be fixed because this is a modded PROPRIETARY app and not based on source code, so you should blame Google for it and not the Vanced team.[/QUOTE
The Following User Says Thank You to palmbeach05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift palmbeach05 Ad-Free
12th September 2019, 07:49 PM |#12118  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 322

More
I'm not blaming anyone.
Just pointing out something that changes in the last days.

I'm thankful for this great app.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yusei For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yusei Ad-Free
12th September 2019, 07:51 PM |#12119  

More
Quote:

I'm not blaming anyone.

it's not something recent, ads have been randomly popping up in some countries for a very long time.
12th September 2019, 07:52 PM |#12120  
Quote:

I'm not blaming anyone.

I was just reminding ppl that its a google issue outside the scope of functions that vanced has. The original quote didn't copy well though
12th September 2019, 09:41 PM |#12121  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bruges
Thanks Meter: 5,155

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

QUOTE=rippledrums;78343486]If you had used the search function you would have found out that Vanced is supposed to block ads on videos and that that home screen ad is a design issue, can't be fixed because this is a modded PROPRIETARY app and not based on source code, so you should blame Google for it and not the Vanced team.[/QUOTE

That is.. not true though. Please don't patronise users when there's no need. First post of this thread states "Blocks all YouTube ADs" as a feature and that is exactly what the Vanced team should/could pursue. Without obligations, of course (I made an elaborate statement on that earlier). @Yusei should not be seeing those type of ads with a correct installation. It could be a geographical issue I guess but I'd advise trying different paths first. @Yusei, try installing the non-root version and see if you get any ads there. I'm perfectly enjoying an ad-free homepage (on the same version) as shown in the attachment.

Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190912-221841.jpg
Views:	1896
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	4818769  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timmmmaaahh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Timmmmaaahh Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, mod, noad, youtube

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)