[APP][MOD][ROOT/MAGISK/NONROOT] YouTube Vanced Edition

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,173

By Team Vanced, Junior Member on 4th March 2018, 09:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th November 2019, 03:49 PM |#12811  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Cat

I really hope development hasn't stopped. After using vanced for quite some time now then going back to the original YouTube app it's extremely painful to use. It blows my mind just how much of a nazi Google has turned into with advertising, it's overkill.

It doesn't. Devs just don't see a reason to update as newer YT apps didn't bring any spectacular changes.
8th November 2019, 03:51 PM |#12812  
Flag Tampa, Florida
Thanks Meter: 745

More
Quick question guys,

I just bought an NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019 Edition). Can I side load this APK for two reasons...

1.) Ads of course
2.) To play HDR content on the shield. I hear the stock YouTube application will not play HDR content off YouTube but will from everywhere else and this is due to their YouTube app not using a particular codec.
8th November 2019, 03:52 PM |#12813  
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch3mn3y

It doesn't. Devs just don't see a reason to update as newer YT apps didn't bring any spectacular changes.

Yeah I get that but there are bugs that need addressing, in my case specifically with casting. All in due time, I guess.
8th November 2019, 03:53 PM |#12814  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu.

Quick question guys,

I just bought an NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019 Edition). Can I side load this APK for two reasons...

1.) Ads of course
2.) To play HDR content on the shield. I hear the stock YouTube application will not play HDR content off YouTube but will from everywhere else and this is due to their YouTube app not using a particular codec.

A1. Yes.
A2. Dunno

Quote:

Yeah I get that but there are bugs that need addressing, in my case specifically with casting. All in due time, I guess.

They may be important to You, but not to devs. Will see what happen.
8th November 2019, 03:59 PM |#12815  
Thanks Meter: 134

More
I can't see how it's not important, it's still a bug that needs addressing. And no I'm not trying to rush them or have forgotten vanced is a free app made with free time, just making sure it doesn't get swept under the rug so-to-speak.
8th November 2019, 04:44 PM |#12816  
Thanks Meter: 2,272

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I can't see how it's not important, it's still a bug that needs addressing. And no I'm not trying to rush them or have forgotten vanced is a free app made with free time, just making sure it doesn't get swept under the rug so-to-speak.

From what I can remember, the last comment from one of the devs stated that they have made attempts at updates but were having difficulties due to reasons that I can't remember. The end result was that either we all stick with an older base version with everything (or close to it) working or a newer version with less features. Best we can do is help each other out until then and trust that they'll get it figured out.

If anyone has ever tried to modify an app or add features to a rom/kernel you'll know that sometimes you can want to add/update all you want but android can be fickle beast to tame sometimes.

If you feel like searching for the original post for more accurate info, I believe it was ZaneZam's last post on this thread.
8th November 2019, 05:35 PM |#12817  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintm78

From what I can remember, the last comment from one of the devs stated that they have made attempts at updates but were having difficulties due to reasons that I can't remember. The end result was that either we all stick with an older base version with everything (or close to it) working or a newer version with less features. Best we can do is help each other out until then and trust that they'll get it figured out.

If anyone has ever tried to modify an app or add features to a rom/kernel you'll know that sometimes you can want to add/update all you want but android can be fickle beast to tame sometimes.

If you feel like searching for the original post for more accurate info, I believe it was ZaneZam's last post on this thread.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=12686
8th November 2019, 06:19 PM |#12818  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neinfricatu

No problems on op6 oos 10 stable, so it's on your side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraganasane

Try to reinstall after cleaning cache in recovery. Coz in oneplus 7 with android 10 it is working fine.

I fresh installed OxygenOS 10 and I didn't restore any data, completely fresh. The app works fine for a little while but then it keeps force stopping.
9th November 2019, 11:44 AM |#12819  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
How do I manually set vanced to show a minimize video playing video?
I disabled that it automatically shows the minimised when using the home button. I want this manually.
9th November 2019, 12:56 PM |#12820  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
YouTube Vanced keeps spinning the loading circle after the splash screen. I already uninstalled and reinstalled both MicroG 0.2.6.17455 and Vanced 14.21.54 but it still doesn't work.
EDIT: never mind after disabling and enabling Youtubr then restart my work Vanced now works perfectly
9th November 2019, 01:05 PM |#12821  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hello everyone,

I am using version 13.07.55. However, it is happening that when I answer someone, the place of the answer goes all white and I can't see what I'm typing.
When I disable the dark theme, it becomes normal.
Can someone help me?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, mod, noad, youtube

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)