By Team Vanced, Junior Member on 4th March 2018, 09:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th January 2020, 02:52 PM |#13551  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razvan06

Same here.
Starting Jan 2020 I'm having this issue with the app. Either Youtube changed something or it's coming from Android 10.
Reinstalled it several times and I can only get it to work by uninstalling the microg.apk.

(S10+, non-rooted)

Couldn't have written it better. This is definitely not an user-side issue. Vanced YT is nothing more than useless junk atm, and that's really bad.

OnePlus 6, Android 10, unrooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, Windows 9, unrooted.
16th January 2020, 04:03 PM |#13552  
Thanks Meter: 536

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPO13R

Couldn't have written it better. This is definitely not an user-side issue. Vanced YT is nothing more than useless junk atm, and that's really bad.

OnePlus 6, Android 10, unrooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, Windows 9, unrooted.

Of course you couldn't have written it better, when referring to your previous form of expression.
Posts like that are super motivating for the developers, whom have nothing better to do with their lifetime, than pouring their thoughts and creativity into this awesome project.
Since YTV is running almost perfectly on my device, you might reconsider the "definitely not an user-side issue" statement!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mshinni80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mshinni80 Ad-Free
16th January 2020, 04:53 PM |#13553  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi. Is anybody knows an app/floating button to quick move forward video 10 sec or more in the bottom? Like a navi bar on the bottom. I have a big screen phone and that would be useful. Thanks

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk
16th January 2020, 06:39 PM |#13554  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I had some issues with magisk variant and also the apk one which made the app crash every opening so I opened LP and signed a testsignature to the apk and then installed it as systemapp. Works now !

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk
16th January 2020, 11:56 PM |#13555  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,245

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psocik

Hi. Is anybody knows an app/floating button to quick move forward video 10 sec or more in the bottom? Like a navi bar on the bottom. I have a big screen phone and that would be useful. Thanks

just double tap the video to the right for forward or on the left to go back. I havent checked if it makes a difference, but i normally do it in the bottom quarters.
17th January 2020, 04:07 AM |#13556  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Why is this popping up often? What does REMIND LATER supposed to mean? How do i turn it off?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200117-082920-01.jpeg
Views:	894
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	4928301  
17th January 2020, 04:32 AM |#13557  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 307

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi

Why is this popping up often? What does REMIND LATER supposed to mean? How do i turn it off?

Lol. Press close and it will not appear again.
The Following User Says Thank You to neinfricatu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neinfricatu Ad-Free
17th January 2020, 07:42 AM |#13558  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I came here from Kiwi Browser app thread. There's an extension (since google nuked this feature) that allows user to play music from YouTube and SoundCloud on a background even without logging in (it's working for approx. 30 minutes of playback and also when phone is locked).
Then i noticed this app and so i gave it a try. Just installed latest version of Youtube Vanced module via Magisk repo on Pie ROM on my J5 (2015) and i have a few reflections...
Sadly, It's not playing on bg for more than 1 minute while there still keeps popping up notifications about YT premium (and - btw app is not in dark mode).
What's good is that works sync with latest version of microG pack by nanolx + ad blocking really works; ALL ads are gone, which is awesome thing (still after months, big up guys!).

Hope you'll not get overloaded by an impatient and unpleasant users and sooner/later will release nice (dark ) update ... Cheers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ParanoidVisitor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ParanoidVisitor Ad-Free
17th January 2020, 08:00 AM |#13559  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No Internet Connection
Suddenly Vanced cant connect to internet in my 2 devices, while I definitely can open normal youtube.

Help pls...

Help
17th January 2020, 08:13 AM |#13560  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParanoidVisitor

I came here from Kiwi Browser app thread. There's an extension (since google nuked this feature) that allows user to play music from YouTube and SoundCloud on a background even without logging in (it's working for approx. 30 minutes of playback and also when phone is locked).
Then i noticed this app and so i gave it a try. Just installed latest version of Youtube Vanced module via Magisk repo on Pie ROM on my J5 (2015) and i have a few reflections...
Sadly, It's not playing on bg for more than 1 minute while there still keeps popping up notifications about YT premium (and - btw app is not in dark mode).
What's good is that works sync with latest version of microG pack by nanolx + ad blocking really works; ALL ads are gone, which is awesome thing (still after months, big up guys!).

Hope you'll not get overloaded by an impatient and unpleasant users and sooner/later will release nice (dark ) update ... Cheers.

Oh .. and here' a logcat (--deleted--), when app crashed after approx 2 minutes of bg playing.
17th January 2020, 08:29 AM |#13561  
Forum Moderator
Flag Bruges
Thanks Meter: 5,864

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParanoidVisitor

Heya! Thanks for writing up that thorough report. I too use the Magisk module of Vanced. I'd say it doesn't need microG but you're probably pointing out that you've replaced G services entirely on your device and Vanced fits right in, that's good to know!
The fact that it stops playing after a minute doesn't seem like it could be caused by Vanced itself. I can let it play for hours while my device is locked. There are three aspects different in our situations:
  1. We have different devices (OnePlus 6T on my end)
  2. I rely on official Google Play Services
  3. I'm using dark mode, can also be found in Magisk repo
The first thing for you to check would be battery optimisation: Settings > Battery > Battery optimisation and check whether you find YT in that list. If it is, select it and choose 'Don't optimise'. For me it isn't even in that list but I'm unsure if that's the same for everyone.
Then, are there any other apps/mods/tweaks that may focus on battery saving? Things like Naptime or Greenify may interfere with background apps. Try disabling those if any are active.
You may also find default system settings that limit drain by cutting off apps when the screen is off. In that case you can usually open the recents menu, select the three dots on the YT window and select 'Lock'. Though that could be a OnePlus feature, I'm not sure.

Good luck!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Timmmmaaahh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Timmmmaaahh Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, mod, noad, youtube

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)