26th March 2020, 08:22 AM |#14782  
Flag Bradford
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidof

Install this version. Works on Samsung note 9 android 10 dr.ketan rom
YouTube_14.10.53_vanced.apk/file

Very helpful not..... Why would you want an old version?
26th March 2020, 08:27 AM |#14783  
Flag Ciechanów
Thanks Meter: 72

More
This version is working!
26th March 2020, 08:34 AM |#14784  
Flag Bradford
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidof

This version is working!

Complete and utter rubbish, working fine here on two devices one rooted one not..
26th March 2020, 10:01 AM |#14785  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Stuck at the Connect to Internet screen
Alright so, after doing a system optimization on my non-rooted Samsung S8, I was shown the Connect to Internet screen on the previous version of vanced, I am unaware of what build it is, but I did not need to use a SAI to install it, I installed it from the YSK reddit and am not able to link it due to this being a new account. After getting some help I reinstalled the latest version from the Vanced.app website. I used the process it told me and followed it multiple times but was still stuck at the Connect To Internet screen.
I tried to install a previous version- 14.21.54 blue vanced and the microG-0.2.6.174.

I installed these files from the My Files app under APK and once installed I was met with the 'Vanced.app is the only offical site...' pop up, clicking dismiss or later leads to the same outcome of when trying to sign in.

A pop up that says-
Accounts +
Please check your network...
tap to retry

shows up when trying to sign in, and if I click the plus button and use my email, it says that email is already on this device. Using a fresh email leads to the Connect to Internet screen. Pressing Tap to Retry has a small loading symbol then the same pop up appear.

I tried using the Airplane mode, dismiss, airplane mode off tactic on all three builds but it did nothing. My accounts are not banned and I can use normal youtube, but that sucks and I really hate ads. I am up for anything but rooting my device to fix this problem I found myself in. I am new here and am typing this up o my phone so I am sorry for the crap formatting.
26th March 2020, 11:20 AM |#14786  
Flag Cluj-Napoca, RO
Thanks Meter: 1

More
14.21.54 is working fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to enoxcj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift enoxcj Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 11:28 AM |#14787  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have the same Problem on my Note 8 exynos... please help

Update: I removed youtube vanced and microG from settings-app manager and then reinstalled the newest versions from the vanced website and it worked. I think this happened bc I changed my google Password recently...

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonedgore

Alright so, after doing a system optimization on my non-rooted Samsung S8, I was shown the Connect to Internet screen on the previous version of vanced, I am unaware of what build it is, but I did not need to use a SAI to install it, I installed it from the YSK reddit and am not able to link it due to this being a new account. After getting some help I reinstalled the latest version from the Vanced.app website. I used the process it told me and followed it multiple times but was still stuck at the Connect To Internet screen.
I tried to install a previous version- 14.21.54 blue vanced and the microG-0.2.6.174.

I installed these files from the My Files app under APK and once installed I was met with the 'Vanced.app is the only offical site...' pop up, clicking dismiss or later leads to the same outcome of when trying to sign in.

A pop up that says-
Accounts +
Please check your network...
tap to retry

shows up when trying to sign in, and if I click the plus button and use my email, it says that email is already on this device. Using a fresh email leads to the Connect to Internet screen. Pressing Tap to Retry has a small loading symbol then the same pop up appear.

I tried using the Airplane mode, dismiss, airplane mode off tactic on all three builds but it did nothing. My accounts are not banned and I can use normal youtube, but that sucks and I really hate ads. I am up for anything but rooting my device to fix this problem I found myself in. I am new here and am typing this up o my phone so I am sorry for the crap formatting.

26th March 2020, 12:44 PM |#14788  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 81

More
I found a version that doesn't require SAI to install. Works fine.
26th March 2020, 12:45 PM |#14789  
Flag cycling/studying or asleep
Thanks Meter: 1,056

More
Is there any difference functionally, between the root and non-root version of vanced? This is under the assumption that I have no qualms with disabling APK signature verification.
26th March 2020, 01:58 PM |#14790  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleo

Crashes, freezing only means you have set the app wrongly. If you are new to XDA I can point you to places where you can find out about logging and reporting.

And nobody said there are no ads on homescreen. Those ads are... ohh I am very tired of explaining this. Just read and search in thread...

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs

"Set the app wrongly"

What does that even mean?! The instructions for installing Vanced are quite simple. It works great on one phone, not on the other. If you're only here to berate people and act smugly, it's not appreciated.

And I've been on XDA since 2012, just like you. If you don't have anything useful to contribute, our conversation is done.
26th March 2020, 05:42 PM |#14791  
Thanks Meter: 800

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revontheus

Is there any difference functionally, between the root and non-root version of vanced? This is under the assumption that I have no qualms with disabling APK signature verification.

the only differences are the exact installation method, and(due to differences in package name) how other apps/services interact with it.

a small amount of apps can't open YouTube links with the non-root version at all because they're hardcoded to use the "system" YouTube app.
the play store won't try to update the non-root version to the latest original version.
YouTube-specific mods/enhancements don't work with the non-root version.(although many unofficial mods/enhancements won't work with the root version either)
the non-root version isn't recognized by the Google play services, so you need vanced microG to help with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to thedicemaster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thedicemaster Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, mod, noad, youtube

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)