Thanks Meter: 2,429

By Team Vanced, Junior Member on 4th March 2018, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th June 2020, 11:43 PM |#15941  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleo

You dont use magisk manager to install apk files. Obviously. You use INSTALLER.zip from download links, and flash it in custom recovery (e.g. TWRP)
See this post:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...7/post82830247

Thanks, worked! Signature verification disabling is bad and hard, so I dowloaded Vanced 14.21.54 and ytva-universal-installer-v5.1.zip then flashed this zip by Magisk and it's working
30th June 2020, 03:44 AM |#15942  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleo

As I wrote before it doesn't even happen on my stock firmware by Google with pixel 3a xl. I haven't blocked any language update and used android10 for 6 months and android 11 beta for last weeks with disabled YouTube by Google (using nonroot Vanced). I think there was one more user with same issue as yours (and that is it) in previous pages. You should discuss in PM with him/her about what might have gone wrong in your setups.

This could be some TW stuff or else, but without being able to replicate your issue, we can't help you.

Good luck

I was having this issue on my Mi A2 stock (Android One device) as well - started out of nowhere.
Uninstalling YT from User with adb did the trick to stop it coming back without root.
30th June 2020, 04:36 AM |#15943  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
MicroG and Vanced always detected ,even after i optimized, this can drain battery fast
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-06-30-11-31-50-94.jpg
Views:	786
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	5050495  
30th June 2020, 06:23 AM |#15944  
Flag Jena
Thanks Meter: 14,192

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davejimson

MicroG and Vanced always detected ,even after i optimized, this can drain battery fast

Dismiss that. You can either increase your sot for 120 seconds or use Vanced. Choose your side.

And those optimizers rather check package names with their server names. I don't think Vanced devs paid money to be on safe side to those optimizers so that those are not written as to be optimized. So, that is why when those optimizers check with their servers, they can't find the package name and thus it writes you to optimize those packages even though there is no actual drain (120 seconds? Really?)
The Following User Says Thank You to Eleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eleo Ad-Free
30th June 2020, 09:28 PM |#15945  
Thanks Meter: 1,141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davejimson

https://www.xda-developers.com/dontk...d-app-killing/

https://medium.com/nala-money/the-bi...d-6fa1cced074d
1st July 2020, 02:01 AM |#15946  
Thanks Meter: 1,743

Donate to Me
More
Vanced manager now released! Can be found on the website https://vanced.app and GitHub https://github.com/YTVanced/VancedManager/releases
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to KevinX8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KevinX8 Ad-Free
1st July 2020, 02:46 AM |#15947  
Flag Santa Cruz
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinX8

Vanced manager now released! Can be found on the website https://vanced.app and GitHub https://github.com/YTVanced/VancedManager/releases

Hope this gives you guys (& this thread) a break from the constant BS. Thanks!
1st July 2020, 02:52 AM |#15948  
Thanks Meter: 447

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm831

Hope this gives you guys (& this thread) a break from the constant BS. Thanks!

I doubt it would. People would still flock here and pester the devs if they don't get any updates :3
1st July 2020, 11:27 AM |#15949  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Source code
Hi everyone! First of all, thanks for your amazing work!
I've always been just a Vanced user, and never really though about contributing to the project, mainly because I've never seen the source code available anywhere. But now I'm becoming more and more interested in open source software and the possibility to help with a little pull request.
Where can we get the source code of YT Vanced? Is this even possible?
Thanks again :)
1st July 2020, 12:04 PM |#15950  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 1,362

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachi_107

I've always been just a Vanced user, and never really though about contributing to the project, mainly because I've never seen the source code available anywhere. But now I'm becoming more and more interested in open source software and the possibility to help with a little pull request.
Thanks again

What do you think will happen to a code of a modified proprietary software from a giant of technology, if submitted to the web? Don't think this will happen.
1st July 2020, 12:38 PM |#15951  
Flag Jena
Thanks Meter: 14,192

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachi_107

Thanks again

Source is in the hands of Google. You can request the sources. It is free to request. But you will certainly not get sources. If you are looking for open source, there are several tube-emulators as newpipe, which is not YouTube per se, but can act as YouTube with some advantages and disadvantages (check teamnewpipe github for more info - I am assuming you are familar with github) - but this topic is not for discussion in this thread, as it is not related to Vanced team or their work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciozomb13

What do you think will happen to a code of a modified proprietary software from a giant of technology, if submitted to the web? Don't think this will happen.

Vanced team also doesn't have open source of YouTube or Vanced YouTube apk. Source isn't same as apk file contents. You can decompile any apk file (if it is not blocked) but it won't give you its open source. That is the beauty of modding. You dont have to have sources to modify an apk/jar file. So, no. Open source of YouTube can only be seen to Google devs who work on the project.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eleo Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, mod, noad, youtube

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)