FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][MOD][ROOT/MAGISK/NONROOT] YouTube Vanced Edition

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,378
 
By Team Vanced, Junior Member on 4th March 2018, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th March 2018, 09:12 PM |#11  
okeck22's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file ´/external_sd/iYTBP-vanced-universal-installer-v2.8.zip

What am I doing wrong?
 
 
4th March 2018, 09:17 PM |#12  
Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okeck22

Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file ´/external_sd/iYTBP-vanced-universal-installer-v2.8.zip

What am I doing wrong?

Try making sure system is checked under mount in TWRP. If that's already I checked I found rebooting to recovery over and over till it isn't all correctly also works. I think it's just some kind of bug with TWRP.
The Following User Says Thank You to michael_0394 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift michael_0394 Ad-Free
4th March 2018, 09:27 PM |#13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Magisk repo not updated yet
4th March 2018, 09:27 PM |#14  
abacate123's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,481
 
More
Yey, I was expecting for this, thanks and keep it up guys, awesome.
4th March 2018, 09:28 PM |#15  
okeck22's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_0394

Try making sure system is checked under mount in TWRP. If that's already I checked I found rebooting to recovery over and over till it isn't all correctly also works. I think it's just some kind of bug with TWRP.

THX for the advice, sadly it didnt help at all...
4th March 2018, 09:35 PM |#16  
Zgadnijcie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okeck22

THX for the advice, sadly it didnt help at all...

When I tried flash it few days ago, twrp showed me "apk file doesn't exist". Check how mb has this zip. You should install it via magisk or create in system/app, "YouTube" folder and give it 755 permissions. Next move YouTube.apk file to this folder and give it 644 permissions. Last step is reboot.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Resurrection Remix 6.0.0 Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zgadnijcie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zgadnijcie Ad-Free
4th March 2018, 09:49 PM |#17  
okeck22's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgadnijcie

When I tried flash it few days ago, twrp showed me "apk file doesn't exist". Check how mb has this zip. You should install it via magisk or create in system/app, "YouTube" folder and give it 755 permissions. Next move YouTube.apk file to this folder and give it 644 permissions. Last step is reboot.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Resurrection Remix 6.0.0 Tapatalk

I installed Vanced-ARM64-Black-13.07.55.zip <---Magisk Modul, did a reboot setup the app, then again flashed in TWRP with edited settings.sh and "dark" apk

All working fine now - BIG THX
4th March 2018, 09:50 PM |#18  
madbat99's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 2,203
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okeck22

Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file ´/external_sd/iYTBP-vanced-universal-installer-v2.8.zip

What am I doing wrong?

Do you have the APK in internal storage? Probably should put the zip there too?
Did you unzip and rezip by any chance?
4th March 2018, 10:04 PM |#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Thanks! Installed magisk module black, but apparently it's white.
4th March 2018, 10:06 PM |#20  
htr5's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 227
 
More
No matter what I tried, the rooted apks wouldn't install for me. Even with uninstalling the YouTube app and disabling signature verification. ( I know that instructions said to flash the zip though ).

Non-root works perfect, thanks
4th March 2018, 10:20 PM |#21  
Magz Heaven's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zamboanga City
Thanks Meter: 167
 
Donate to Me
More
Development is still active. Thanks guys

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes