By Team Vanced, Junior Member on 4th March 2018, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th June 2018, 04:55 PM |#3171  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 2,203

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToraxOutlaw

Since I updated my Xperia XZ Premium to firmware .205, I can't get this app to install via Magisk or flashing it via TWRP. Yes I have uninstalled the previous YouTube, I had to disable in my Systems Apps Menu and then uninstall it using Debloat via the terminal emulator.

Well you are answering your own questions in there. You disabled it, and Vanced has the same package name, so you have that disabled as well. When you say "debloater via terminal" do you mean the magisk terminal debloater? Again, same problem. Stop trying to remove, or debloat YT. You are, in essence, fighting yourself. The only thing you need to remove (if anything) are updates to YT.
Re enable YT. Stop using magisk debloater and just install the module.
Magisk debloater just replaces it with an empty file, and if Vanced has the same package name as YT, what do you think is happening to Vanced? You're "debloating" it.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan

You can use rooted version as it shares normal YouTube package name, in non-root that's not possible as it got different package name.

@kiranlopos
You can rename it to YouTube kids and it works.

14th June 2018, 05:38 PM |#3172  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbat99

Well you are answering your own questions in there. You disabled it, and Vanced has the same package name, so you have that disabled as well. When you say "debloater via terminal" do you mean the magisk terminal debloater? Again, same problem. Stop trying to remove, or debloat YT. You are, in essence, fighting yourself. The only thing you need to remove (if anything) are updates to YT.
Magisk debloater just replaces it with an empty file, and if Vanced has the same package name as YT, what do you think is happening to Vanced? You're "debloating" it.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

@kiranlopos

Oh really?? Thanks!!
You're a savior.
But your sarcasm level is not upto the level, you can make it more lame. Keep trying. Good luck

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan

You can use rooted version as it shares normal YouTube package name, in non-root that's not possible as it got different package name.

Thank you
14th June 2018, 05:55 PM |#3173  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 2,203

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranlopos

Oh really?? Thanks!!
You're a savior.
But your sarcasm level is not upto the level, you can make it more lame. Keep trying. Good luck

)

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I was literally telling you the problem and solution. When I want to add sarcasm, I do. And it's not subtle, you'll feel it.
14th June 2018, 06:15 PM |#3174  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:

Nice post, really. But just a tip, quoting the op (especially a really long one) is not a good idea. Those of us viewing with the app have to scroll for a year (figuratively). It's considered a "@ick move"

Sorry about that. I didn't even think about it. I'll keep it in mind for the future. Thanks for pointing that out!
The Following User Says Thank You to dondraper23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dondraper23 Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 07:43 PM |#3175  

More
Quote:

@kiranlopos

I did it the same way before the .205 firmware update and it worked fine. I'll have another tinker and i'll let you know my results.
14th June 2018, 11:22 PM |#3176  
Thanks Meter: 497

More
Just updated to latest non-root apk #13.22.54 build #01.22.20.
Everything is running perfectly!
The volume and brightness sliders work great!
Thank you so much for this feature!
Cheers!
14th June 2018, 11:27 PM |#3177  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I REALLY need help. Today I found I was signed out. It keeps hanging on "Just a sec.." I reinstalled everything from scratch, the newest apk for both YTV and microg, I enabled permissions on everything, I tested on different networks, I discovered it'll add another account just fine. I tried different variations of MicroG with the same result.
15th June 2018, 12:53 AM |#3178  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Anyone else having an issue with "New Style Minimised Video Type" not working in the latest release?
15th June 2018, 01:26 AM |#3179  
Thanks Meter: 497

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisboing

Anyone else having an issue with "New Style Minimised Video Type" not working in the latest release?

No problems here.
It's different but working as should.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
15th June 2018, 04:26 AM |#3180  

More
Hey man, thanks for the app. Really I appreciate it, love it so far. I'm just wondering cause I don't see this in 'known bugs' documentation nor someone pointed out this yet:

YouTube Vanced will start to mess up when a video is finished while its in PiP mode, the entire YouTube UI will squeeze in this square window in the lower right hand side of the screen. You will not be able to interact with it whatsoever and you have to reboot your phone yo get rid of it, and the way to resolve it permanently is to clear data the app. This happens so often that I need to clear data everyday.

On a Nokia 6 Android Oreo 8.1. Any advice, dev? Thanks!
15th June 2018, 07:27 AM |#3181  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Anyone know how to fix the buffering issues?
Is there a setting you can change?
All videos just keep loading and never play.
When you move the video forward with the slider then all of a sudden it starts to play.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)