# NOTE: Be aware that if u use settings
# files in addition: this config files
# has priority and overwites possible
# available settings files!
# NOTE: Be aware that if u use .plz settings
# files in addition: this config file
# has priority - any present settings files
# will be ignored!
I'm on the latest non-root and micro-g versions. I'm having an issue where sometimes the app will log me out and I have to manually log back in, although it does seem to remember my credentials every time.
So for example, here's what would happen:
Start app, be signed out >> press top-right to sign-in >> press sign-in >> press add account >> go back >> vanced automatically signs me in
Just wondering if this is intended on the non-root version as I can't seem to find anyone else having a similar issue in this thread. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Forgot to mention, this happens randomly and sometimes I will be logged in for hours, other times the app quits unexpectedly while I'm watching a video and I have to restart the app and manually sign back in. Every time I restart my phone, I have to manually back in.
I have an Honor Play, which is a relatively large phone.
Well.. I really interested but it seems the install somehow fails. See logs -mi a2 + magisk 17.1
- Copying zip to temp directory
- Installing YouTube_Vanced_-_Magisk_Repo-v13.34.50(b01.25.00).zip
update-binary: line 40: Load: not found
update-binary: line 54: setup_flashable: not found
- A/B partition detected, current slot: _b
- Mounting /system, /vendor
- Device skip_initramfs detected
Please install Magisk v17.0+!
! Installation failed
Questions (for my rig details see my sig below):
1. After completely uninstalling YouTube and installing Youtube_13.34.50-1334502300_API17(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)(vDark-v2.0.2)-vanced.apk in TWRP¹ via ytva-universal-installer-v3.0.zip, after reboot I still see YouTube in Google Play Store, and wanting to be updated. Hum?? Why then did I uninstall it before? If I installed this update, wouldn't that overwrite the vanced mod? Needless to say, when installing this mod, wouldn't we want it to be detached from the Play Store BY DEFAULT, to avoid any such confusion and collision??
In the 1st posting I read that for some unfathomable reason we are expected to manually do the Play Store detachment by using "BOTH, a settings.sh AND plz files as parameters while installing".
2. But the script file's name downloaded from Google Drive/ Public Files/ INSTALLER is ytva_use_this_settings.sh, NOT settings.sh. That's unclear. Do I put ytva_use_this_settings.sh to sdcard/Download, or do I have to rename it to settings.sh?
3. Where is explained in the 1st posting what to do with the ytva_use_this_settings.sh file? I opened it in a text editor and it looks as if I need to edit the desired setting(s) from NO to YES, then save.
4. In the first posting it reads to "use BOTH, settings.sh AND plz files", but in ytva_use_this_settings.sh it reads:
I guess this should read
And accordingly, in the 1st posting, shouldn't it rather read:
Vanced makes use of EITHER the ytva_use_this_settings.sh file OR .plz files as parameters while installing, whereby .plz files are ignored when a ytva_use_this_settings.sh file is found by the installer.
Please admins, would you asap correct all these errors and missing essentials in the descriptions so it all becomes user friendly?
5. When trying to detach YT Vanced from Google Play, in TWRP I always get "Updater process ended with ERROR: 1", regardless of which of the two detach .plz files I copy into sdcard/download next to the zip and the apk, and even when I use the .sh script file, also regardless of if I have edited into DETACH="YES" or DETACHONLY="YES".
I do NOT get ERROR: 1 when using any of the 4 detach options, and neither with the UNINSTALL .plz file.
Yes, enough disk space in /System.
I researched this ERROR: 1 issue, but that did not help me at all. What's the solution?
6. Can you please provide just the script to detach YT (vanced) from the Play Store, either one to be installed via TWRP, or one to be run from a root terminal command in Android?
7. Would you please make Play Store detachment DEFAULT in the ytva-universal-installer.zip !! Why not?
Thank you for this project and for your motivation to improve it.
¹ TWRP 3.1.1-0 for Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 with Aroma support by Lemlis
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|