[APP][MOD][ROOT/MAGISK/NONROOT] YouTube Vanced Edition

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,071

By Team Vanced, Junior Member on 4th March 2018, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th September 2018, 01:25 PM |#5311  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
After update the mod doesn't work, I have fully stock YouTube app even after reinstalling, did something change or it's just a bug ?

15th September 2018, 01:37 PM |#5312  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 716

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedoo

After update the mod doesn't work, I have fully stock YouTube app even after reinstalling, did something change or it's just a bug ?

No, it's just a lack of effort in searching. Try to uninstall UPDATES of YouTube.
15th September 2018, 04:22 PM |#5313  
Thanks Meter: 3,726

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Nakamura

I don't think it adds much confusion, I personally detached YT from the store only in the very beginning as I found it much easier to just turn of updates for YouTube individually by going to the YouTube site on Play Store, there tap the 3dot menu and deactivate automatic updates for this specific APP.
Sure it will suggest you from time to time to update YouTube and it will be permanently visible in your APP update list on Play Store but you can simply ignore it.
If it ever updates unintentionally just go back to the Play Store YouTube site and hit uninstall, this will get you back to vanced version, it will immediately work again!

Edit: For several weeks I tried all different approaches to detach YouTube from Store (magisk, direct zip, titanium backup) but it always failed at some point, which I usually only realized when YouTube got updated unintentionally because when the detach method fails automatic updates option is activated by default for YT, so I personally found it less annoying to simply turn off auto updates in Play Store and have it visible...

Of course it's up to you but from my experience all the detach mods are only limited functional, at least for, turning off auto updates works 100% reliable for me. Biggest challenge with this solution is that you'll however need to learn "to stand" the sight of a permanently outdated APP on your device lol - not for everyone, I know, especially when OCD kicks in...

SudoHide Xposed mod works 100% to detach apps from Play Store.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjamie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sjamie Ad-Free
15th September 2018, 04:40 PM |#5314  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Landshut (Ndb.)
Thanks Meter: 4,514

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamie

SudoHide Xposed mod works 100% to detach apps from Play Store.

Ah, okay... wasn't even aware of this method as xposed isn't a option for me personally...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Labs
15th September 2018, 05:23 PM |#5315  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I'm using the latest non root version with microG. I have to press the sign in (top google account logo) button every time I launch the app to get signed in.In older versions it didn't happen,so I installed a older version but still have to press the account logo to get signed in....may be it's something on microG???
15th September 2018, 05:58 PM |#5316  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marciozomb13

No, it's just a lack of effort in searching. Try to uninstall UPDATES of YouTube.

I meant the update of this mod not YouTube, but seems that it worked even though I was usually updating it with the app and it was working
15th September 2018, 06:48 PM |#5317  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Nakamura

I don't think it adds much confusion, I personally detached YT from the store only in the very beginning as I found it much easier to just turn of updates for YouTube individually by going to the YouTube site on Play Store, there tap the 3dot menu and deactivate automatic updates for this specific APP.
Sure it will suggest you from time to time to update YouTube and it will be permanently visible in your APP update list on Play Store but you can simply ignore it.
If it ever updates unintentionally just go back to the Play Store YouTube site and hit uninstall, this will get you back to vanced version, it will immediately work again!

Edit: For several weeks I tried all different approaches to detach YouTube from Store (magisk, direct zip, titanium backup) but it always failed at some point, which I usually only realized when YouTube got updated unintentionally because when the detach method fails automatic updates option is activated by default for YT, so I personally found it less annoying to simply turn off auto updates in Play Store and have it visible...

Of course it's up to you but from my experience all the detach mods are only limited functional, at least for, turning off auto updates works 100% reliable for me. Biggest challenge with this solution is that you'll however need to learn "to stand" the sight of a permanently outdated APP on your device lol - not for everyone, I know, especially when OCD kicks in...

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs

SudoHide Xposed module works 100% to detach ANY desired app from the Play Store!!! One time 20 second configuration, never worry again!
The Following User Says Thank You to RootedLee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RootedLee Ad-Free
15th September 2018, 07:10 PM |#5318  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cymBlood

Youtube Vanced is crashing on omnirom 20180812 on oneplus 3t, latest magisk module...

I got the same. Constantly crashing when I open it. Very rarely it just start working for 10-30 min and then start crashing again. I reinstalled and it did nothing.

OP3 on latest oxygenOS, with latest magisk module

edit:Might be Youtube Adaway.
15th September 2018, 07:22 PM |#5319  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hola! Desde la app intento instalarlo y me marca que llega al 100% y desaparece! No hay donde ver las descargas ni pasa nada, no se inicia ni nada.

._. alguien que me pueda ayudar ?
15th September 2018, 07:25 PM |#5320  
Thanks Meter: 3,203

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCazper

Hola! Desde la app intento instalarlo y me marca que llega al 100% y desaparece! No hay donde ver las descargas ni pasa nada, no se inicia ni nada.

._. alguien que me pueda ayudar ?

Got to post an English dude. Use a translator app if you need to. We'll get your point.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madbat99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madbat99 Ad-Free
15th September 2018, 07:27 PM |#5321  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
my problem is that when the download ends nothing happens, it is not saved or installed, I have already downloaded several timesmy problem is that when the download ends, nothing happens, it is not saved or installed, I have downloaded it several times since yesterday and it is downloaded,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
youtube

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)