[CLOSED][APP][MOD][ROOT/NONROOT] Vanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
G

GuestD2605

You could just post the solution here and increase your post count, then next time you want to post a link, you may be able to ?

I meant that the solution had links to the downloads, but I'll take them out.

For those who have the issue with notifications:

Uninstall your current version of YouTube Vanced and MicroG for Vanced. Install Vanced 13.10.55. Reinstall MicroG for Vanced. Log into the just installed Vanced version. (Don't remove Vanced 13.10.55) Install/update to the newest Vanced version from. Now you should get notifications fine as long if you don't uninstall Vanced.

Last edited:

Cyberjin

Sep 17, 2018
I'm getting ads

App version 14.10.53 (non-root) downloaded via the links from this thread
is runing on OnePlus 5T.

Last edited:

g104

Mar 15, 2016
@Cyberjin Make sure you didn't turn on the ads or toggle around. FYI, there's no ads for my side & no issue with non-root version

Settings > Vanced Settings > Ad settings > uncheck Home ads (Experimental)

*I'm not sure why others keep having issues, so I guess the most likely user issue not about the application.

Reactions: ত্রক.হ

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
@Cyberjin Make sure you didn't turn on the ads or toggle around. FYI, there's no ads for my side & no issue with non-root version

*I'm not sure why others keep having issues, so I guess the most likely user issue not about the application.
No its not a user issue its a regional issue. Depending on where you live you might see ads. Those are country/region specific ads. The devs cant replicate it because of where they live so I doubt anything can be done.
Its not a big deal anyway its just the homescreen its not like they play during videos so I dont see the issue

Cyberjin

Sep 17, 2018

I tried both settings, didn't help
I don't know what's wrong I didn't seem to have it before on older versions

do you have same version as me? could you search "oneplus" and "travel" a few times like me?

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

No its not a user issue its a regional issue. Depending on where you live you might see ads. Those are country/region specific ads. The devs cant replicate it because of where they live so I doubt anything can be done.
Its not a big deal anyway its just the homescreen its not like they play during videos so I dont see the issue

Kind of weird that I get an ad in arabic or something I can't read :rolleyes:

chooks06

Jan 12, 2015
singapore
I tried both settings, didn't help
I don't know what's wrong I didn't seem to have it before on older versions

do you have same version as me? could you search "oneplus" and "travel" a few times like me?

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Kind of weird that I get an ad in arabic or something I can't read :rolleyes:
So it's likely regional as mentioned by @garylawwd.. Regional may not be local..

I'm not sure how big G "regionalize" what they push to, where and when.

Same for updates from them..

Sorry if I can't be of further help.

Over at my end in Singapore (South East Asia) I don't see that on my subs, whether or not the home ads setting is on or off.

Edit - to clarify..I believe VTY removes the irritating ads that you can only skip after 5 secs. Doubt if it was intended to remove what you're seeing. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Cyberjin

Sep 17, 2018
So it's likely regional as mentioned by @garylawwd.. Regional may not be local..

I'm not sure how big G "regionalize" what they push to, where and when.

Same for updates from them..

Sorry if I can't be of further help.

Over at my end in Singapore (South East Asia) I don't see that on my subs, whether or not the home ads setting is on or off.

Edit - to clarify..I believe VTY removes the irritating ads that you can only skip after 5 secs. Doubt if it was intended to remove what you're seeing. Just my opinion.

I tried using VPN (nordvpn) and set my location to somewhere in America.
the ads seems to gone :eek:

I have to use an older version or have my vpn turn on to get rid of them it seems

oroboros74

Jan 3, 2013
I can confirm it's a regional issue. Friends in Portugal have no ads, friends in Germany get them. Same setup, different results.

Reactions: chooks06

chooks06

Jan 12, 2015
singapore
I tried using VPN (nordvpn) and set my location to somewhere in America.
the ads seems to gone :eek:

I have to use an older version or have my vpn turn on to get rid of them it seems
Whatever works for you, use it.

Sometimes, that's the best we can get.

Hope that can downstream it works out better for you.

Have a great week ahead!

Cheers!

crazy_dr0id

Nov 17, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Request: would it be at all possible maybe for a Black/Purple or Black/Pink theme toggle instead of white/black or white/coloured by chance?
I'd have a nerdgasm if it appeared one day! :)

Sent from my SM-G965W

firozpatel

Oct 4, 2014
Hi guys, any idea why some videos just close the whole YouTube app? I just can't play the videos without YouTube closing all the time, does not happen on all videos, only some, any ideas

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190425-205102.jpg
    Screenshot_20190425-205102.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 635

The War Profiteer

Feb 2, 2015
Uranus
So I'm experiencing ridiculous crashes with the latest update of the module, I'll try to provide logs soon. Can I have a link for the previous version?

Last edited:

the-blind-bandit

Apr 20, 2011
So I'm experiencing ridiculous crashes with the latest update of the module, I'll try to provide logs soon. Can I have a link for the previous version?
For me it seems to be opening the home page/tab, to get around it I just switch to another tab before the page has chance to load (which is the point where it crashes) and everything else works as it should. Is it the same for you?

The War Profiteer

Feb 2, 2015
Uranus
E/AndroidRuntime(7618): java.lang.SecurityException: GoogleCertificatesRslt: not whitelisted: pkg=com.google.android.youtube,

how do i get rid of this? this issue occurs on the latest version.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

For me it seems to be opening the home page/tab, to get around it I just switch to another tab before the page has chance to load (which is the point where it crashes) and everything else works as it should. Is it the same for you?

can't even open the app anymore, provided what i got on logcat above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit├┤Closing note. YouTube Vanced lives on in ReVanced (not affiliated with Vanced)├

‼️Before asking or posting anything, please read the first and second posts.‼️

Always check the official Vanced website or XDA thread when downloading. Other sites are fake, contain advertisements (possibly even malware), and have older versions.

Vanced Banner-01-01.png

Vanced is a well-known modded version of the YouTube app with many features such as ad-blocking and background playback. Vanced also offers some extra features to enhance the user experience. The entire list is available below:

Features:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Since YouTube v14.41.52, Google has moved to split APKs format. The Android package installer doesn't support Split apks yet, so we are now using Vanced manager for installing all vanced apps. The steps to use the vanced manager are below:
    Especially for MIUI, there's a separate guide that can be accessed using this link. For all other devices, please follow below:

For Non-Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced Manager and tap the blue arrow in the lower right corner.
    3. Begin installing Vanced microG. (Without which you won't be able to install Vanced (or Music Vanced) or use login)
    4. Then install Vanced (or Music Vanced), log in to your account and enjoy!
    For Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced manager and tap on the "Magisk" icon to grant root permissions.​
    3. Once you are in, begin installing Vanced (or Music Vanced).​

Important information:

• We replaced our root installation with vanced manager, which directly mounts vanced on top of Youtube in the /data/app directory, making it easier and faster than before.
    • Vanced will not block ads while casting since when you use the casting feature, it doesn't send the video from your phone to the Chromecast/TV. Instead, your phone acts like a remote controller for the youtube app in your Chromecast/TV. That is why the advertisement is displayed.
    • Purchasing items in the non-root version of the app will not work as microG doesn't support it. Hence, it is preferable to use the original YouTube app or using the web version for any purchase.
    • If your videos are lagging or the application starts to crash while watching live videos, please enable VP9 codec from codec override present under vanced settings. Google forced the ExoPlayer v2, which is highly experimental and unstable on unsupported devices.
    • YouTube has dropped support for Android 5 (Lollipop) with v17.xx.xx. Hence, the minimum supported version is now Android 6 and above.

Known bugs:

• Swipe down gesture for refreshing home feed breaks randomly. It's an issue with litho that only Google can fix. There's nothing we can do to fix it. (Tap here to learn more)
    • As of v16.16.38, casting won't work due to an upstream microG bug. (Tap here to learn more)
    • On portrait/vertical videos, preferred quality options do not work.
    • Swipe controls triggers when swiping either upwards or downwards to scroll through description or in live chat when in landscape mode.
    • On new action bar layouts(server-sided feature), the new toggles won't work.
    • Info cards toggle is broken (Temp fix: Disable it through your Google account settings. This setting disables info cards everywhere.)
    • App crashes with java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError while playing some video outside of vanced.
    • Manual codec override is broken and very experimental.
    • Some users might face geographical ads on YouTube Shorts tab.
    • SponsorBlock segments at the end of videos in playlists causes playback on the next video to start where the previous one ended.

Social links

Thread Managed by @ZaneZam, @Razerman, @KevinX8 and @laura almeida

BUG Reports:

Steps to do before reporting a bug:
    1. Do a search and see if it has already been reported
    2. Check that the bug is actually a Vanced bug and doesn't happen in the original YouTube.
    Steps to do when reporting a bug:
    1. Make sure you are being enough descriptive of the problem.
    2. Take a logcat (Google search if you don't know how). Especially if the issue is a crash.
    3. Taking pictures of the problem doesn't hurt.
    4. If the report is vague (missing information), it will most likely just be ignored. If you are not going to show any effort in resolving the problem, why should I?
    Bug report template:
    1. Vanced exact version number (Do NOT say latest).
    2. Download link used to download Vanced.
    3. Installation method (whether user SAI or Vanced Manager)
    4. Device.
    5. ROM (optional may not help).
    6. Any applied Substratum/swift overlays.
    7. Logs if there are any crashes/force closes (upload to Pastebin or hastebin or katbin) and paste the link of it with your report. [Check here to know how to get logs]
    8. A brief description of the issue
    9. Any installed mods to the system.
    10. Test your issue on the stock youtube app

Important links:

Downloads:

Alternative Mirrors for pre 15.x: AFH Mediafire
    New site up https://vanced.azurewebsites.net/ with latest version of YouTube as base (13.10). Includes some bugfixes and other changes detailed on discord. At the time of writing this post apkmirror lacks apks for arm so you will have to wait a while until it has them and then we will be able to make arm root builds.
    New update is out v13.28.54 with following changes:
    - 13.28.53 Full width search bar fix
    - Translation support for more strings
    - HDR brightness bug fixed when using swipe controls
    - Auto repeat can now be linked to autoplay toggle
    - Top-Swipe paddig range added
    - Seek buttons fixed
    - COMPLETE REWORK of all mods for v13.27+ versions (many thx and all credits to @Razerman !!)