FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did Apps2SD help you?

Yes

417 Vote(s)
75.14%
No

59 Vote(s)
10.63%
Didn't try

79 Vote(s)
14.23%

Apps2SD All in one tool[2.3+]: Partition SD card and Move/Link Apps to SD card [ROOT]

2,396 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,126

By vickybonick, Senior Member on 30th May 2015, 08:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

This is my first post in XDA but I've been a regular reader as a guest. I've developed an app(Apps2SD) to move/link apps from internal storage to external SD card with lots of other cool features.

Apps2SD has evolved from being an app which moves app data to sd card to an all in one app with many cool features.

Translation project http://os3pxnq.oneskyapp.com/collabo.../project/54276

Apps2SD Translation Thread

Tutorials @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4q5...Hn4iXGoloJku5s

Prerequisites:
  • Device needs to be rooted
  • Root permission should be granted to Apps2SD
  • 2 partitions on external SD card (use Apps2SD partition tool to create 2nd partition). 1st partition should be FAT/exFat partition, this is your standard SD card storage. The second partition is used as the internal storage for linked application files and can be ext2, ext3, ext4 or f2fs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip apps2sd-addon.d-script.zip - [Click for QR Code] (515 Bytes, 9456 views)
File Type: zip KingRoot-2-SuperSu-Switcher_v1.2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.54 MB, 3598 views)
File Type: apk apps2sd-v160.apk - [Click for QR Code] (14.95 MB, 3282 views)
The Following 161 Users Say Thank You to vickybonick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vickybonick Ad-Free
31st May 2015, 04:57 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Helpful links:

Faqs

Features

Known issues and solutions

Suggestions

How to Partition SD card

Repository

Permissions

Changelog

Videos

Supported Intents [Pro]

Translation project

Script to replace KingRoot with SuperSu
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to vickybonick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vickybonick Ad-Free
1st June 2015, 07:40 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Apps2SD development
HI Vicky,
let me first congratulate you on making such a useful app which has so many features .Does this app has any device limitations .
thanks , Rahul
2nd June 2015, 03:57 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Thank you Rahul,

There is no device restriction apart from Android version. The app is supported on android 2.3+.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vickybonick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vickybonick Ad-Free
2nd June 2015, 04:13 AM |#5  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,261

More
The app won't partition my 32gb card on a Galaxy Tab 4. It keeps instructing me to reboot. Once I do, the app auto-starts, attempts to partition, then fails. Again, it instructs me to reboot. I never make it past this point. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks for the app and your time.
2nd June 2015, 04:34 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cablespider

The app won't partition my 32gb card on a Galaxy Tab 4. It keeps instructing me to reboot. Once I do, the app auto-starts, attempts to partition, then fails. Again, it instructs me to reboot. I never make it past this point. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks for the app and your time.

Hi Cablespider,

Do you have busybox installed? can you check if fdisk is available in your busybox version.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vickybonick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vickybonick Ad-Free
2nd June 2015, 06:02 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Cablespider,

I've sent you a PM, please check.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vickybonick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vickybonick Ad-Free
3rd June 2015, 06:32 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Cool
Quote:

The partition tool should work now. I've updated the apk in google play. It should be available after 3-4 hours.

Thanks,
Vicky
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vickybonick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vickybonick Ad-Free
4th June 2015, 06:32 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickybonick

Thank you Rahul,

There is no device restriction apart from Android version. The app is supported on android 2.3+.

Thanks for the information.I tried it on my Samsung S5 and it works .The interface and visualizations provided to showcase the space used by different files are really impressive and easy to handle.
4th June 2015, 08:51 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
good app.
link2sd and apps2sd when used together have conflicts.
App needs stability. every reboot asks for another soft reboot to mount partition.
4th June 2015, 12:18 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anil2705

good app.
link2sd and apps2sd when used together have conflicts.
App needs stability. every reboot asks for another soft reboot to mount partition.

Please let me know your device name and android version. Ideally Link2SD and Apps2SD should not be used together. Any app linked by Link2SD will be detected by Apps2SD. If you still want to use them together make sure to deselect auto linking in Link2SD or Apps2SD settings.

As for the post reboot issue. Can you recreate the mount script from Apps2SD, reboot and try again. If the problem still persist send me the content of /system/etc/install-recovery.sh file.
The Following User Says Thank You to vickybonick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vickybonick Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app2sd, apps2sd, folder mount, link2sd, move2sd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)