FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did Apps2SD help you?

Yes

418 Vote(s)
75.04%
No

59 Vote(s)
10.59%
Didn't try

80 Vote(s)
14.36%

Apps2SD All in one tool[2.3+]: Partition SD card and Move/Link Apps to SD card [ROOT]

2,397 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,128

By vickybonick, Senior Member on 30th May 2015, 08:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th July 2015, 04:32 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member

More
Changelog

Version 2.6.1 - 2015-07-29

• Fixed force close on update
29th July 2015, 07:22 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickybonick

There is something strange with your device. Normally the vold block is 179:66 but on your device it's 179:50. Changing the vold number didn't work too. Did you modify your vold.fstab file by any chance?

No - But I have found two fstab files and attach them for you to check...
Attached Files
File Type: txt fstab.smdk4x12.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.9 KB, 118 views)
File Type: txt vold.fstab.txt - [Click for QR Code] (556 Bytes, 78 views)
30th July 2015, 12:26 AM |#103  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemann

No - But I have found two fstab files and attach them for you to check...

Can you run below commands and see if any of it works.
instead of "su" use "su --mount-master"
mount -t auto /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /data/sdext2
mount -t auto /dev/block/vold/179:66 /data/sdext2
mount -t auto /dev/block/vold/179:50 /data/sdext2

Can you send me your device name, cpu type, Rom name and Android version. Also send me the full output of command: "mount"

if above doesn't work. Recreate the mount script, keep your phone switched on, remove the sd card, wait for some time, insert the sd card wait for some time then run the command "ls -l /dev/block/vold" and send me the output. Now reboot and see if you are getting the error.
30th July 2015, 10:20 AM |#104  

More
Quote:

Can you run below commands and see if any of it works.
instead of "su" use "su --mount-master" >> Ok.
mount -t auto /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /data/sdext2 >> No such device
mount -t auto /dev/block/vold/179:66 /data/sdext2 >> No such device
mount -t auto /dev/block/vold/179:50 /data/sdext2 >> No such device

Can you send me your device name, cpu type, Rom name and Android version. Also send me the full output of command: "mount"
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 Exynos quad core Blekota Note 4 Lite Rom v4.6 Kitkat 4.4.4. Mountlist attached.

if above doesn't work. Recreate the mount script, keep your phone switched on, remove the sd card, wait for some time, insert the sd card wait for some time then run the command "ls -l /dev/block/vold" and send me the output. Now reboot and see if you are getting the error.

Did the above . Output voldlist2 attached. Checked the init.d script runs with su level; mounts 179:50. Then rebooted >> mounting /dev/block/vold/179:50 on /data/sdext2 failed. No such device.

Checking the mountpoints under root: (ignoring usbdrives):
container -> /mnt/shell/container lrwxrwxrwx
emulated dr-xr-xr-x
extSdCard drwxrwx--x
knox-emulated -> /mnt/shell/knox-emulated lrwxrwxrwx
sdcard0 -> /storage/emulated/legacy lrwxrwxrwx

and under /data I see /sdext2 drwxrwxrwx as empty
Attached Files
File Type: txt mountlist.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.9 KB, 104 views)
File Type: txt voldlist2.txt - [Click for QR Code] (186 Bytes, 56 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevemann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stevemann Ad-Free
30th July 2015, 12:04 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Hello,

For now it is working fine. I made a clean installation of my ROM and Apps2SD. I comment you the bugs i am facing.

- I have had to erase the automount script "05mountsd" from my int.d, because the mounting script said me that the SD could not be mounted because it was busy. After this the app is working fine

- Every time I reboot my phone, I get a message that the SD-EXT could not be mounted and that I need to soft rebbot. Making a soft reboot the app works fine, but this might be fixed.

- Data partition goes on growing when installing apps. In this way there would be a moment that it becomes full. I think that it is for the actualitations of the apps installed. Can this be fixed?

- the onlu way to take the app working is mounting SD-EXT as ext4, but my 2nd partition is formated in ext3 (?)

As you can see, any of the problems are important, but maybe they had to be fixed in next actualitation.

Thanks
30th July 2015, 03:52 PM |#106  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haplox

Hello,

For now it is working fine. I made a clean installation of my ROM and Apps2SD. I comment you the bugs i am facing.

- I have had to erase the automount script "05mountsd" from my int.d, because the mounting script said me that the SD could not be mounted because it was busy. After this the app is working fine

- Every time I reboot my phone, I get a message that the SD-EXT could not be mounted and that I need to soft rebbot. Making a soft reboot the app works fine, but this might be fixed.

- Data partition goes on growing when installing apps. In this way there would be a moment that it becomes full. I think that it is for the actualitations of the apps installed. Can this be fixed?

- the onlu way to take the app working is mounting SD-EXT as ext4, but my 2nd partition is formated in ext3 (?)

As you can see, any of the problems are important, but maybe they had to be fixed in next actualitation.

Thanks

1) You need to make sure no other app/script is trying to mount the 2nd partition
2) That's a restriction on your device. Formating the 2nd partition with f2fs might help in avoiding soft reboots. I'm adding a format feature in next release so the 1st partition is not deleted and data is safe.
3) Use the autolink option in settings to automatically link apps on installation.
4) That's perfectly fine, on some android devices ext2 and ext3 are not mountable and it has to be mounted as ext4. It's not an issue
30th July 2015, 03:54 PM |#107  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Did the above . Output voldlist2 attached. Checked the init.d script runs with su level; mounts 179:50. Then rebooted >> mounting /dev/block/vold/179:50 on /data/sdext2 failed. No such device.

Checking the mountpoints under root: (ignoring usbdrives):
container -> /mnt/shell/container lrwxrwxrwx
emulated dr-xr-xr-x
extSdCard drwxrwx--x
knox-emulated -> /mnt/shell/knox-emulated lrwxrwxrwx
sdcard0 -> /storage/emulated/legacy lrwxrwxrwx

and under /data I see /sdext2 drwxrwxrwx as empty

Can you send me your device name, cpu type, Rom name and Android version.
30th July 2015, 04:34 PM |#108  

More
Quote:

Can you send me your device name, cpu type, Rom name and Android version.

Can you send me your device name, cpu type, Rom name and Android version. Also send me the full output of command: "mount" >> Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 Exynos quad core Blekota Note 4 Lite Rom v4.6 Kitkat 4.4.4. Mountlist attached.
30th July 2015, 04:36 PM |#109  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Can you send me your device name, cpu type, Rom name and Android version. Also send me the full output of command: "mount" >> Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 Exynos quad core Blekota Note 4 Lite Rom v4.6 Kitkat 4.4.4. Mountlist attached.

I'll check and get back to you

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using XDA Free mobile app
31st July 2015, 03:48 AM |#110  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I'm really sorry i couldn't find any solution for the issue. You can try Link2SD if it is able to mount then i might be able to find a solution(ping me) if Link2SD is also not able to mount then It might be an issue with the ROM you are using. In that case if you really require to move apps to sd card then you'll have to change your ROM.
31st July 2015, 09:45 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:

2) That's a restriction on your device. Formating the 2nd partition with f2fs might help in avoiding soft reboots. I'm adding a format feature in next release so the 1st partition is not deleted and data is safe.

I disapoint. I hava any problem in automounting my 2nd partition with Link2SD, Int2EXT or 05mountsd after rebooting

Quote:

3) Use the autolink option in settings to automatically link apps on installation.

They are autolinked from the beginning
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app2sd, apps2sd, folder mount, link2sd, move2sd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)