Apps2SD All in one tool[2.3+]: Partition SD card and Move/Link Apps to SD card [ROOT]

Did Apps2SD help you?

• Yes

Votes: 475 74.8%
  • No

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • Didn't try

Votes: 95 15.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Jjglop

Aug 20, 2015
Won't link data or lib

Got a lg f3 64gb SD 45gb as fat 32 and 15gb as ext4. Was using link2sd without issues switched to apps2sd says all apps linked but lib and data file still on main tried relinking says success but stays the same with data and Lib on main. Also the app does not recognize the first partition on the SD thank you in advance

pollazht

Aug 14, 2015
Hi,

I have a moto e 2 LTE. I created partitions with included tool. I tried ext4 and f2fs. I used "Recreate mount script" (no init.d support)

My problem is I get the 2nd partition not mounted error and I can't use my app without soft reboot. I can view the files in /data/sdext2 with file explorer.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

vickybonick

May 30, 2015
Hi,

I have a moto e 2 LTE. I created partitions with included tool. I tried ext4 and f2fs. I used "Recreate mount script" (no init.d support)

My problem is I get the 2nd partition not mounted error and I can't use my app without soft reboot. I can view the files in /data/sdext2 with file explorer.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

The issue will be fixed in next release

Venomz33

Apr 30, 2014
Hi @vickybonick, I've been trying this app for a couple of days to folder mounting. I have 2 gps programs called sygic and igo. Both have approx. 600-800 mbs of ext data which cannot be detected by apps2sd.

I tried to use folder mount feature. What i did is giving a name, select the folders, didnt select delete options, action successful message appeared, buy when I click the bonding button,nothing happened. I checked the folders. There are 2 folders of sygic in ext sd card and internal storage and both are empty. I lost my files but not a problem. Isnt this supposed to work like foldermount app. Or did I catch something wrong?

Many thanks.

Sent from my S4 HALCYON Prime Rom v6 using XDA app

vickybonick

May 30, 2015
Hi @vickybonick, I've been trying this app for a couple of days to folder mounting. I have 2 gps programs called sygic and igo. Both have approx. 600-800 mbs of ext data which cannot be detected by apps2sd.

I tried to use folder mount feature. What i did is giving a name, select the folders, didnt select delete options, action successful message appeared, buy when I click the bonding button,nothing happened. I checked the folders. There are 2 folders of sygic in ext sd card and internal storage and both are empty. I lost my files but not a problem. Isnt this supposed to work like foldermount app. Or did I catch something wrong?

Many thanks.

It should be working like that. There are couple of bugs in the folder mount which i'm working on. It'll be fixed in next release. Apart from that i'm adding error reporting so if it is not working you can send the report to me.

Venomz33

Apr 30, 2014
It should be working like that. There are couple of bugs in the folder mount which i'm working on. It'll be fixed in next release. Apart from that i'm adding error reporting so if it is not working you can send the report to me.

Ok then. Waiting for the next release. Thanks for the fast reply :)

Sep 5, 2013
Man it was working perfectly bt then I thought to transfer all the sd memory in internal n it did nt happen soo I converted the whole sd into FAT32 n deleted everything bt now when I try to install an app it says not enough space bt I can see ample of space available......plz help I am nt able to install a single app

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

When I download n app from market it says error 506

vickybonick

May 30, 2015
Man it was working perfectly bt then I thought to transfer all the sd memory in internal n it did nt happen soo I converted the whole sd into FAT32 n deleted everything bt now when I try to install an app it says not enough space bt I can see ample of space available......plz help I am nt able to install a single app

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

When I download n app from market it says error 506

you need to delete all the broken files/folders manually.

vickybonick

May 30, 2015
Changelog
Version 4.0 - 2015-08-23

• Fixed soft reboot issue after boot
• Add percentage while linking
• Added error reporting
• Added support to enter memory card block in recreate mount script
• Improved SD card detection
• Fixed bubs in Folder mount
• Fixed bug while linking data and lib for some devices
• Added multi level filtering of apps
• Fixed bug in Obb linking in 2nd partition for bigger games(e.g. Asphalt)
• Performance improvement(upto 100%) while linking/unlinking
• Other bug fixes and improvement

Reactions: Venomz33

Almas.M

Aug 12, 2015
Changelog
Version 4.0 - 2015-08-23

• Added error reporting

dev, is it can link the lib flawlessly?
i've already uninstalled, the app that you gave me ..

TBGleNolife

Aug 19, 2015
Changelog
Version 4.0 - 2015-08-23

• Added error reporting

Woah, great update ! I'll see if it fix everything for me :)

pollazht

Aug 14, 2015
Hi,

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

It works with the new version. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Help, the external data that I moved suddenly won't be linked after I hide the magisk app by "Shamiko-v0.7-161-release" it keeps showing "File/Directory exist on SD card without any link to it" I have tried a lot of stuff to fix it, by restoring the magisk app, re-create the partition and changing the settings, but the problem still exist.
    What Android version are you running? After 12, Google started blocking access to Android/data, and now Apps2SD almost doesn't work on modern versions of Android. I say "almost", because I got it to work by creating a script that I run that moves the Android/data/(app id) to the second partition, sets appropriate permissions, removes the contents of the folder on internal, puts the 'mount -o bind' commands with correct paths in another script, and then I launch that script with task scheduler with Apps2SD on SDCard Mount. And it works! I don't know if that will work for you, but you can always try ;) I created a magisk module that puts the script in /system/bin so that I can easily run it. I can share it here if someone wants it
    Hi all,

This is my first post in XDA but I've been a regular reader as a guest. I've developed an app(Apps2SD) to move/link apps from internal storage to external SD card with lots of other cool features.

Apps2SD has evolved from being an app which moves app data to sd card to an all in one app with many cool features.

Translation project http://os3pxnq.oneskyapp.com/collaboration/project/54276

Apps2SD Translation Thread

Tutorials @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4q5HAHJblI&index=1&list=PLiRFJHKSKUX_q0hsN0oHn4iXGoloJku5s

Prerequisites:
    • Device needs to be rooted
    • Root permission should be granted to Apps2SD
    • 2 partitions on external SD card (use Apps2SD partition tool to create 2nd partition). 1st partition should be FAT/exFat partition, this is your standard SD card storage. The second partition is used as the internal storage for linked application files and can be ext2, ext3, ext4 or f2fs.
    Version 12.2 released in play store and attached in OP

Changelog:

• Updated translations
    • Fixed Partial link issue on app install/update
    • Fixed obb/ext data linking issue
    • Added sd card support for Swap files
    • Added option to disable Apps2SD service
    • Added option to delete broken symlinks
    • Added revert SDFix option
    • Added full magisk support
    • Added custom su.d path support
    • Added display size in Folder mount
    • Added background copy/move in Folder mount [Pro]
    • Added search option in App analyzer [Pro]
    • Added link type sort
    • Other bug fixes and performance improvements
    First of all I'd like to thank all of you for the continuous support you've given me. After evaluating all the Pros and Cons I have decided not to continue development and support for the the app. I know many of you will be disappointed but trust me it was a very tough decision for me. I have spent countless hours on research, development and testing the app and I'll always be proud of it.

PS: I'll be releasing the final build for free version (with pro features) tonight on play store, hopefully they don't suspend the free version as well.

Update: The apk is updated in play store and attached in the first post
    Version 12.0 released in play store and attached in OP

Changelog:

• Added App analyzer to create Folder mount pairs [Pro]
    • Added option to create hibernate shortcut [Pro]
    • Added app selection in restore apps [Pro]
    • Added option to link apps above a certain size [Pro]
    • Fixed SDFix for Marshmallow and Nougat
    • Performance improvement upto 10 times in creating backup and restore
    • Fixed many partition tool issues
    • Fixed bug in Hide apps
    • Fixed app crash in LineageOS