FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did Apps2SD help you?

Yes

420 Vote(s)
75.13%
No

59 Vote(s)
10.55%
Didn't try

80 Vote(s)
14.31%

Apps2SD All in one tool[2.3+]: Partition SD card and Move/Link Apps to SD card [ROOT]

2,397 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,128

By vickybonick, Senior Member on 30th May 2015, 08:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th June 2018, 11:13 AM |#5001  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 20

More
hi OP
I cant make use of your app. i have send device info(yz27_8170) via app. No matter what size partition i create when i check it is always 21279mb (20gb) in SD card and 1st partition is 8385mb i have tried ext4 and f2fs. My total sd size is 29.0 GB.

i did encounter message saying second storage not mount and require reboot but nothing happened once again.

anything i need to share from app/device for you to understand what i am saying.

cheers
28th June 2018, 03:47 PM |#5002  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReshamG

hi OP
I cant make use of your app. i have send device info(yz27_8170) via app. No matter what size partition i create when i check it is always 21279mb (20gb) in SD card and 1st partition is 8385mb i have tried ext4 and f2fs. My total sd size is 29.0 GB.

i did encounter message saying second storage not mount and require reboot but nothing happened once again.

anything i need to share from app/device for you to understand what i am saying.

cheers

Seems like the sd card is about to die. Try with a different SD card
28th June 2018, 03:48 PM |#5003  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeHoo

Hi!

I am using Ambasadii Rom with Magisk to my S8+ and some apps are missing after reboot and phone is doing soft reboot.

What are correct settings with Magisk?

Use the su.d/magisk option to create mount script if it doesn't work then use the Advanced method (Noye: this method will modify system partition)
The Following User Says Thank You to vickybonick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vickybonick Ad-Free
28th June 2018, 05:28 PM |#5004  
Flag Espoo
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickybonick

Use the su.d/magisk option to create mount script if it doesn't work then use the Advanced method (Noye: this method will modify system partition)

Thx. I already have to change it advanced method. Not sure if really needed but it wanted soft reboot even if I used su.d/Magisk option.
28th June 2018, 06:02 PM |#5005  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Thx. I already have to change it advanced method. Not sure if really needed but it wanted soft reboot even if I used su.d/Magisk option.

Follow below steps
  • Delete this file /data/apps2sd-log/apps2sd-mount-script.log
  • Recreate the mount script by using su.d/magisk option and reboot
  • Open Apps2SD, goto Error Report screen, set your email id and send device info from menu then pm me the email id
29th June 2018, 03:53 PM |#5006  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Upgrade Magisk to 16.3 or 16.4 stable, recreate mount script using su.d/magisk option and reboot. The issue should be fixed
30th June 2018, 06:15 AM |#5007  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,587

More
Quote:

Upgrade Magisk to 16.3 or 16.4 stable, recreate mount script using su.d/magisk option and reboot. The issue should be fixed

The stable version is 16.0.
16.4 is the current official beta version.
The current unofficial builds with the latest commits by @topjohnwu are here:

https://github.com/kantjer/MagiskFiles

And here is the link to the unofficial thread:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...built-t3521901
You must remove your current Magisk Manager if you go from stable or beta Magisk because it is signed with a different key. If you don't do this you will get an app not installed message for the manager.

If you try the unofficial builds, reboot a second time after install. The recent builds have had a root loss issue but I have seemed to solve that with the second boot. I have ran 2 devices for over 60 hours without root loss by doing the second reboot. @topjohnwu 's recent fixes since 16.4 beta, can be found here:

https://github.com/topjohnwu

---------- Post added 30th June 2018 at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 29th June 2018 at 11:58 PM ----------

For the most part, I have had very good results on my devices with these unofficial builds, with the latest fixes. Results can vary with different devices, though.

Vicky, in the past you have recommended setting Global Namespace in Magisk settings. I don't doubt your wisdom in this, but I was wondering what this does versus the other options?

Thanks
30th June 2018, 08:39 AM |#5008  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyfender

The stable version is 16.0.
16.4 is the current official beta version.
The current unofficial builds with the latest commits by @topjohnwu are here:

https://github.com/kantjer/MagiskFiles

And here is the link to the unofficial thread:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...built-t3521901
You must remove your current Magisk Manager if you go from stable or beta Magisk because it is signed with a different key. If you don't do this you will get an app not installed message for the manager.

If you try the unofficial builds, reboot a second time after install. The recent builds have had a root loss issue but I have seemed to solve that with the second boot. I have ran 2 devices for over 60 hours without root loss by doing the second reboot. @topjohnwu 's recent fixes since 16.4 beta, can be found here:

https://github.com/topjohnwu

---------- Post added 30th June 2018 at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 29th June 2018 at 11:58 PM ----------

For the most part, I have had very good results on my devices with these unofficial builds, with the latest fixes. Results can vary with different devices, though.

Vicky, in the past you have recommended setting Global Namespace in Magisk settings. I don't doubt your wisdom in this, but I was wondering what this does versus the other options?

Thanks

Global namespace allows other apps to see mount points created by Apps2SD while Isolated option doesn't and Inherited option inherits the namespace from parent process. Sometime back I asked topjohnwu to add -mm flag in magisk su to set Global namespace on the fly (for the current process/shell only not system wide off course) and he added it in v1510+ if I remember correctly so it shouldn't be an issue with v16.0 (unless topjohnwu changed the logic)

You can read more about Mount namespace @ https://su.chainfire.eu/#how-mount
The Following User Says Thank You to vickybonick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vickybonick Ad-Free
2nd July 2018, 07:48 AM |#5009  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unable to migrate to Pro from Free
Hi, vickybonick. Thank you so much for this amazing app! It's made my wife's Samsung J106M with its 8GB of internal storage (only 4GB of which is available after you subtract the system partition) actually usable again! Samsung in their infinite wisdom have completely locked out the adoptable storage option on this phone, even with root, so linking to the SD card is the only option to get more space even on Marshmallow.

I bought the Pro version of Apps2SD after setting everything up in the free version, and I'm trying to migrate the settings from the free to the pro version as instructed on your website. However, when I hit the "Import Apps2SD free settings" button, I'm getting this error message:
"Error! Apps2SD free version is higher than Pro version. Please upgrade the Pro version then do an import."

I have checked Google Play, and both the free and pro versions of Apps2SD are up to date on the device. When I look at the version listed in Android's "Applications" menu, they both say "14.3".

I tried to get more info from the terminal via adb, and I think it's possible this might be relevant:
Code:
[email protected]:/ # dumpsys package in.co.pricealert.apps2sd | grep -i version
    versionCode=144 targetSdk=25
    versionName=14.3
[email protected]:/ # dumpsys package in.co.pricealert.apps2sd.pro | grep -i version
    versionCode=143 targetSdk=25
    versionName=14.3
What do you suggest I try next to get my settings imported from free to Pro?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
2nd July 2018, 10:07 AM |#5010  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ven42

Hi, vickybonick. Thank you so much for this amazing app! It's made my wife's Samsung J106M with its 8GB of internal storage (only 4GB of which is available after you subtract the system partition) actually usable again! Samsung in their infinite wisdom have completely locked out the adoptable storage option on this phone, even with root, so linking to the SD card is the only option to get more space even on Marshmallow.

I bought the Pro version of Apps2SD after setting everything up in the free version, and I'm trying to migrate the settings from the free to the pro version as instructed on your website. However, when I hit the "Import Apps2SD free settings" button, I'm getting this error message:
"Error! Apps2SD free version is higher than Pro version. Please upgrade the Pro version then do an import."

I have checked Google Play, and both the free and pro versions of Apps2SD are up to date on the device. When I look at the version listed in Android's "Applications" menu, they both say "14.3".

I tried to get more info from the terminal via adb, and I think it's possible this might be relevant:

What do you suggest I try next to get my settings imported from free to Pro?
Thanks for any help you can provide.

It's a versioning error on my part. An update will be released in few days then you can migrate
2nd July 2018, 12:09 PM |#5011  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

Seems like the sd card is about to die. Try with a different SD card

tried with another brand new microsd card 32 gb

I am getting
2nd partition was not mounted some apps might not be detected. A soft reboot is required to mount.
You can fix this issue by recreating mount script with "Use normal method" mount method.

I did Fat32, Ext 4 and 128mb swap

cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app2sd, apps2sd, folder mount, link2sd, move2sd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)