FORUMS

View Poll Results: Did Apps2SD help you?

Yes

421 Vote(s)
74.91%
No

60 Vote(s)
10.68%
Didn't try

81 Vote(s)
14.41%

Apps2SD All in one tool[2.3+]: Partition SD card and Move/Link Apps to SD card [ROOT]

2,397 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,130

By vickybonick, Senior Member on 30th May 2015, 08:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd July 2015, 07:38 AM |#81  
Flag Bulacan
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
Does it support any SD Card classes? Because as of now I am using Link2SD manually to link my apps to 2nd partition.

BUT the Data isn't linked because I am just using class 4 SD Card, but they said that if you use higher class of SD Card you will be able to linked Data folder to your 2nd partition.
23rd July 2015, 02:01 PM |#82  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshiro

Does it support any SD Card classes? Because as of now I am using Link2SD manually to link my apps to 2nd partition.

BUT the Data isn't linked because I am just using class 4 SD Card, but they said that if you use higher class of SD Card you will be able to linked Data folder to your 2nd partition.

Yes it supports all classes of sd card. Although if you have a lower class sd card, performance may decrease.
25th July 2015, 11:49 AM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Unhappy SD not recognized
Hello all,

I would like to say it is a great app, but for now I am unable to make it to work in my Samsung S5570i runnin custom ROMg GD 2.3.8 Hyperion X based in cyanmobile.

I have installed last version from market and every time I launch the app I receive all these errors:

- openning app: 2nd patition not found, recreate script or partition the SD
- recreating script: ERROR: 2nd partition not found
- Remounting 2nd partition: ERROR, 2nd partition file system couldot be determinedd:
- Trying to partition SD through app: No SD detected

I have tried EXT2, EXT3 and EXT4 without result. I have partitioned the SD through Mini Tool and CWM without result, I have enabled/disabled the SD automunt in ROM settings without result...

The 2nd partition is mounted, checked with Diskinfo, so that is not the problem. I can navigate through the SD with File Manager and ES FIle Explorer without problem, so the SD is running fine...

I have used a2sd, Link2SD, Int2EXT, etc with this mobile and ROM without problem and I would like to try your app, but for now it is impossible.
25th July 2015, 12:42 PM |#84  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haplox

Hello all,

I would like to say it is a great app, but for now I am unable to make it to work in my Samsung S5570i runnin custom ROMg GD 2.3.8 Hyperion X based in cyanmobile.

I have installed last version from market and every time I launch the app I receive all these errors:

- openning app: 2nd patition not found, recreate script or partition the SD
- recreating script: ERROR: 2nd partition not found
- Remounting 2nd partition: ERROR, 2nd partition file system couldot be determinedd:
- Trying to partition SD through app: No SD detected

I have tried EXT2, EXT3 and EXT4 without result. I have partitioned the SD through Mini Tool and CWM without result, I have enabled/disabled the SD automunt in ROM settings without result...

The 2nd partition is mounted, checked with Diskinfo, so that is not the problem. I can navigate through the SD with File Manager and ES FIle Explorer without problem, so the SD is running fine...

I have used a2sd, Link2SD, Int2EXT, etc with this mobile and ROM without problem and I would like to try your app, but for now it is impossible.

Can you ping me on hangouts, pm or email when you're available. I need you to run some commands on your device to get some info.
The Following User Says Thank You to vickybonick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vickybonick Ad-Free
27th July 2015, 04:22 AM |#85  
OP Senior Member

More
Changelog

Version 2.4 - 2015-07-26
• Fixed force close of apps linked on lollipop devices.
• Fixed obb linking function
• Fixed folder mount function
• Other bug fixes
27th July 2015, 10:23 PM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Hi Vicky,
Just installed you great app v2.4 and have latest busybox installed too. I have an Samsung S3 running rooted Note 4 Lite rom v4.1.1.
Tried using the inbuilt partitioning tool to create a 15GB Fat32 and a 14GB Ext4 on my 32GB SD card. It runs and creates the 15GB Fat32 ok but on reboot insists that a reboot is required. When I try to remount the 2nd partition I get an error: Mounting /dev/block/vold/179:66 on /data/sdext2 failed.

Please can you help fix this?

Thanks.
27th July 2015, 10:26 PM |#87  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemann

Hi Vicky,
Just installed you great app v2.4 and have latest busybox installed too. I have an Samsung S3 running rooted Note 4 Lite rom v4.1.1.
Tried using the inbuilt partitioning tool to create a 15GB Fat32 and a 14GB Ext4 on my 32GB SD card. It runs and creates the 15GB Fat32 ok but on reboot insists that a reboot is required. When I try to remount the 2nd partition I get an error: Mounting /dev/block/vold/179:66 on /data/sdext2 failed.

Please can you help fix this?

Thanks.

Hi Stevemann,

Can you clear Apps2sd data and partition again. Use F2FS for the 2nd partition this time.
27th July 2015, 11:09 PM |#88  

More
Hi, Did that. Now get: Error. sh: [322] /data/data/ in.co.pricealert.apps2sd/app.binary/mkfs.f2fs: can't execute: permission denied...
27th July 2015, 11:22 PM |#89  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemann

Hi, Did that. Now get: Error. sh: [322] /data/data/ in.co.pricealert.apps2sd/app.binary/mkfs.f2fs: can't execute: permission denied...

try below workaround.

1) Open partition tool
2) busybox chmod 755 -R /data/data/in.co.pricealert.apps2sd/app_binary
3) verify execute permission
4) go back to partition window(don't refresh)
5) create f2fs partition it should work
28th July 2015, 01:18 PM |#90  

More
Hi,

Tried that and updated the app as well - the app now has drwxrwxrwx. It executes. On reboot get error: Mounting /dev/block/vold/179:66 on /data/sdext2 failed. No such device....Not sure what next to try.
28th July 2015, 01:28 PM |#91  
OP Senior Member

More
Can you send me the full output of below commands.

ls -l /dev/block
ls -l /dev/block/vold
fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk1

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app2sd, apps2sd, folder mount, link2sd, move2sd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)