FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BACKPORT][6.0.1+] Pixel Launcher P-4275643 from Google Pixel 2

1,813 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,971

By linuxct, Recognized Contributor & Social Contributor on 14th October 2017, 10:26 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread

So... Here we are again, the title says it all.
This is a quick (I spent 3 hours on it) backport of the Pixel Launcher P-4275643, extracted from the Pixel 2 images. I'ved tested it on my SHIELD Tablet, and as it wasn't working, I modded it so that it'd work just fine on any Android 6.0.1+ devices.

I have implemented the Google's signature verification patch, as according to this thread so that the application doesn't Force Close on launch, as well as all the goodies from the Pixel Launcher OMR1-4113793 v4 backport.

I've tested the application in my SHIELD Tablet running official LineageOS 13.0 nightlies, as well as in my Wileyfox Swift 2 with Android 7.1.2, and seems to be working like a charm when there's no substratum overlays enabled with latest Google Play Services installed.
However, like last time I'd like to roll call all of you to please, test it and report back with any issue you find.

DOWNLOAD LINK
SMALI MODIFICATIONS

NOTE:
- DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES, please.
- The background color of the App Drawer won't look blue in Samsung devices, like last times, as I fixed it to look white.
- The apk, like last time, has been signed with my own key, so uninstall any previous versions before installing this one
- Bloggers! YouTubers! If you post links to this backport PLEASE, be sure NOT to make mirrors of it, and, it'd be awesome if you mentioned the original author in your blog posts.
- ¡Bloggeros! ¡YouTubers! Si posteais enlaces de éste backport, POR FAVOR, NO lo resubais, y, estaría genial si mencionárais quién es el autor del mismo.
- Do you want to get Android O emojis? Check this out.
- No, still no reflection.engine crashes

Screenshots:

Special thanks to P4Block for having to hear me screaming when the code doesn't work, and Jose (in case you read this, <3)
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to linuxct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxct Ad-Free

14th October 2017, 10:48 PM |#2  
Flag Jaén
Thanks Meter: 15

More
First of all, thanks for the port!! Finally it works for Android 6 😋😋

I tried in my Blackview R6 (Mediatek chip), and it works good, but sometimes, the launcher crashes doing actions like making a folder in the main screen.

But I'm sure next updates will solve this problem (or maybe it's just me 🙄🙄).... Thanks so much!
14th October 2017, 10:56 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor & Social Contributor
Flag CT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xitopodo

First of all, thanks for the port!! Finally it works for Android 6

I tried in my Blackview R6 (Mediatek chip), and it works good, but sometimes, the launcher crashes doing actions like making a folder in the main screen.

But I'm sure next updates will solve this problem (or maybe it's just me 🙄🙄).... Thanks so much!

Thanks for your kind comment.
I know why this happens (notice that it only crashes when the pop-up menu that handles the DeepLinks hasn't fully opened yet), and I'm already working on bringing a fix to it.
Please, be patient!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linuxct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxct Ad-Free
14th October 2017, 11:45 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Thank you very much, was waiting for someone to fix the blue folder background on Samsung devices.
Only thing that doesn't work is the weather at the top (and yes, I enabled location permissions).
15th October 2017, 12:01 AM |#5  
Flag CT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by injectx

Thank you very much, was waiting for someone to fix the blue folder background on Samsung devices.
Only thing that doesn't work is the weather at the top (and yes, I enabled location permissions).

I supposed it was my device's fault since I don't have the Google app installed. But, it's probably related to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxct

I have implemented the Google's signature verification patch, as according to this thread so that the application doesn't Force Close on launch

I'll need to investigate if it can get fixed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linuxct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxct Ad-Free
15th October 2017, 12:11 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Widget not working good Don't show date only weather But when click in empty place show calendar but not showing like on Nougat version
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171015-000805.jpg
Views:	1678
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	4302870  
15th October 2017, 12:17 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
One more problem When I want moved icon launcher has stopped 😓 Xperia Z2
The Following User Says Thank You to Indashio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Indashio Ad-Free
15th October 2017, 12:33 AM |#8  
Flag CT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indashio

Widget not working good Don't show date only weather But when click in empty place show calendar but not showing like on Nougat version

Thanks for bringing that up. But as commented:

Quote:

I supposed it was my device's fault since I don't have the Google app installed. But, it's probably related to this:
I'll need to investigate if it can get fixed.

___

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indashio

One more problem When I want moved icon launcher has stopped Xperia Z2

Read:
Quote:

I know why this happens (notice that it only crashes when the pop-up menu that handles the DeepLinks hasn't fully opened yet), and I'm already working on bringing a fix to it.
Please, be patient!

The Following User Says Thank You to linuxct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxct Ad-Free
15th October 2017, 02:18 AM |#9  
Flag Hammond, LA.
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Working fine on my LG Stylo 2.
15th October 2017, 02:59 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 295

More
Wow

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
15th October 2017, 04:35 AM |#11  
Flag Hoa Binh
Thanks Meter: 43

Donate to Me
More
Please mod the grid size, the icons are too large
The Following User Says Thank You to hungvip2001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hungvip2001 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android o launcher apk, backport, launcher, pixel, pixel 2
Previous Thread Next Thread