FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BACKUP v5.0] --- [COPY SETTING ANY ROM]

178 posts
Thanks Meter: 211

By Kisler, Senior Member on 12th July 2014, 04:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone! I bring an application that I have made for backup and restore system settings becoming more comfortable facilities in clean roms.

This application generates a copy settings (toggles, size navbar, clock position, etc.), keep all wifi networks and terminal dpi in the folder you choose. In turn you can perform a restore these settings at any time.

How to use:

The mode of use is very easy. When you open the application to make sure we secure the root permissions because if otherwise not function properly.

- In the first card must specify the folder where the operations (create copy or restore) will be made. If you want to create the copy simply enter a name such as "backup" and create a folder in the root of your sdcard and call containing the backup. If you want to restore a previously created backup must indicate the folder from which it intends to proceed.

- The second card is the one that initiates the backup.

- The third board is the one that restores the backup.

Changelog Backup v4

- Added file encryption to wifi.
- Navigation bar color support.
- Fixed problem creating backup sometimes.
- Added new languages:

Arabic
Bosnian.
German.
French.
Italian.
Polish.
Portuguese.

Attached Files
File Type: zip strings.zip - [Click for QR Code] (585 Bytes, 2189 views)
The Following 113 Users Say Thank You to Kisler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kisler Ad-Free

12th July 2014, 04:37 PM |#2  
Sabadell (Barcelona)
Thanks Meter: 357

More
It is already translated into English soon and if you like the application is translated into other languages​​.
The Following User Says Thank You to Armin_van_buuren For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Armin_van_buuren Ad-Free
12th July 2014, 04:58 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 220

More
Great job!

trasteando...
12th July 2014, 06:30 PM |#4  
Flag Terracina
Thanks Meter: 450

More
If someone send me English strings I can translate into Italian

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 usando XDA App
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toyr99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toyr99 Ad-Free
12th July 2014, 07:22 PM |#5  
Flag Largo
Thanks Meter: 1,810

Donate to Me
More
super cool
12th July 2014, 08:40 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Thanks for your work. Nice design. Keep it going.
I can translate it into Russian. Please send strings in PM

EDIT: btw, ProjectL compatible?
EDIT2: please encrypt backup files, safety first
12th July 2014, 09:47 PM |#7  
Flag Sosnowiec
Thanks Meter: 95

More
I will translate it to Polish (always with my GF: Kowalczyk ^^)
13th July 2014, 11:03 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
is this on the play store? If not I dont trust it
13th July 2014, 11:29 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 704

More
Is this app cross rom compatible? For example; the general set-ups I use are pretty standard across different roms, minus rom specific settings so if I'm switching from a SlimKat rom to a CM rom will this take care of my general settings such as sound, display, quick tile setup, etc. and skip any setting that is rom specific or would I have to create a separate backup for each rom. I will assume that this is not possible when switching from an AOSP based rom to an OEM based rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbian_Black

This may be the most useless post I've seen in a while. It is of no help to anyone, not worth the time it took to type, and has generally lowered the intelligence level of this entire thread.
Personally I trust apps on XDA more than I do the Play store.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to sixgunmojo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sixgunmojo Ad-Free
13th July 2014, 11:30 PM |#10  
Flag Byblos, Lebanon
Thanks Meter: 97

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbian_Black

Why don't u search and stop posting useless comments?

Thanks man we have always been looking for this. Would be really cool to add backup for launcher icons, shortcuts and widgets.
I offer to translate in arabic.
Cheers!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to georgesmh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift georgesmh Ad-Free
13th July 2014, 11:41 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 220

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixgunmojo

Is this app cross rom compatible? For example; the general set-ups I use are pretty standard across different roms, minus rom specific settings so if I'm switching from a SlimKat rom to a CM rom will this take care of my general settings such as sound, display, quick tile setup, etc. and skip any setting that is rom specific or would I have to create a separate backup for each rom. I will assume that this is not possible when switching from an AOSP based rom to an OEM based rom.

Every backup only fully works for the ROM you're using at that moment. What you can do is to make a backup with the name of every ROM you use to flash. Sorry for bad english

trasteando...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to camp70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift camp70 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, dpi, restore, rom, wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)