Boat Browser

191 posts
Thanks Meter: 51

By dorpmuller, Senior Member on 27th July 2018, 04:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th March 2019, 08:59 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
I can recommend Yuzu Browser app, I was using Boat Browser for years but it seems finally I found alternative browser app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...3Dyuzu+browser
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190329-203821.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	4733315   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190329-203836.png
Views:	210
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	4733316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190329-203930.png
Views:	206
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	4733317  

4th May 2019, 09:39 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
boatmob.com
Digital Life International

Boatmob.com thumbnail
More info
As XIN YANG of BEIJING BOATECH CO., LTD [email protected] since September, 2017

boatmob.com emails
Owner's emails

[email protected]
[email protected]

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Digital Life International Limited
Digital Life develops internet browsers for mobile platforms.
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Categories
Android, Apps, Browser Extensions, Mobile
Headquarters Regions
Asia-Pacific (APAC)
Founded Date
Jul 13, 2011
Operating Status
Active
IPO Status
Private
Website
www .boatmob .com
Contact Email
[email protected]
Phone Number
1) Who are you, and what do you work on?

We are the Boat Browser Dev team. We are working on mobile browser development. ‘Browse the world easily and intelligently’ is our vision.

2) Tell us more about Boat Browser? Who are your users?

Boat Browser was born in 2011. It is a fully customized Android browser. Users can change the toolbars, settings, themes and add-ons to make the browser personalized and powerful. Cloud service, Syncing with multi-devices and Syncing with Firefox are all packed in the new release.

Since Boat Browser supports many languages, our users are from all over the world. Most of them are aware of other famous mobile browsers, but they still set Boat Browser as the default. We are greatly encouraged by our users.

3) Why did you decide to build Boat browser? What makes it unique?

What we believe is, people could do everything easily via a browser. So we created Boat Browser, and we are trying to make it more and more powerful.

Nowadays, compared with so many apps, it is not easy to make yourself 'Unique'. The major difference between Boat Browser and other browsers is that, it is really personalized. It can be customized fully, not limited to the themes, settings, gestures and add-ons. All the function icons on the toolbar/sidebar can be changed easily.

In short, Boat Browser is your own browser!

4) What are your future plans for Boat browser?

Improving the performance, releasing more features, add-ons, etc. We all believe that, good product is the most important thing.

5) What tools do you use to build Boat browser?

Computers, mobile devices… Just like other software developers.

6) What recommendations and tips would you give to someone interested in building a browser?

Firstly, we should say, it is not a good idea to build a browser, if you don’t have enough resources of technology, design idea and operating systems experience.

Mobile browser are not easy to build. So please make sure your team is strong enough, and then you can handle many complex technical problems.

We all know there are many mobile browsers in Google Play. Only some of them are successful. And they have gained most of the market share. To compete with them, your product must have at least one special feature, otherwise, you should find a strong way to promote it.

Then the last one is, you also need a professional operation team, to help you improve the user experience and revenue.

7) What would be your dream browser contain?

In our opinion, mobile browser should be a gateway to the Internet. It should be more powerful, and easier to use. So we are still on the way.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Can somebody make a new browser maybe copy boat browser update the coding and rename the browser but post the link on here so we can use the new browser boat browser was extremely great I wish somebody would revived the browser for Android 9 support onwards 🙁

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Boat Browser for Android Pro 8.7.8 Apk
Boat Browser is a fast, smart and cool Mobile Browser; that brings an amazing Premium web experience. It is fully customizable, and you can easily change the button’s locations as you choose and you can install your favorite add-ons to make your browser even more powerful!
What’s special?
1. More Customizable
We have optimized the default features listed in the (Side) Toolbar. And you can customize the features as you like: re-arrange, add and remove buttons, just by dragging the corresponding icon.
In addition to the toolbar customization, you can also personalize the background color and the action of the Volume Keys. You can set the Volume Key’s action to switch tabs, scroll up/down the page or zoom into the page.
2. Personalized Themes
Bored with the default theme? Can’t be satisfied just changing the theme’s color? No Problem! Boat Browser’s got you covered!
Boat Browser’s team will supply you more and more cool themes and styles, to make your browser completely personalized!
3. Add-ons
An Add-on is the unlimited expansion of your browser. Customize your browser by installing Boat Add-on’s that will enhance your browsing experience. These features can be easily found in the Side Toolbar, after installation.
We will continue to develop a variety of popular and fashionable add-ons. Keep your browser up to date!
4. Powerful Bookmarks Management
Bookmarks Manager supports new folder, drag and drop, batch delete, import, export and Sync with stock browser bookmarks!
5. Side Toolbar
You can reach the toolbar by swiping the right side of the screen. And, if you don’t like it, just change the settings in setting menu. We hope it will bring you a new quicker, smarter browsing experience from now on!
6. Speed dial
Add your favorite websites into the speed dial menu and keep them handy . Folder for speed dials is supported (Pro feature)
7. Floating tab
This feature supports multi-windows as PC does. You may float multiple tabs on any app.
Boat Browser also supplies some very useful features like,

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Google boat browser 8.7.8 apk to get the links from the finial browser unless somebody can create a project to rebuild this browser and maybe change the name to anchor browser etc and post the development on this website I would love boatbrowser to be Revived for 2019+ and work correctly for Android 9 onwards

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Anybody know of any good alternatives to Boat Browser

Yuzu Browser I am currently using can't somebody from xda development team revive Boat Browser to maybe anchor browser and update all the coding so it works fully with Android 9+ it seems sad to let a great Browser die 🙁

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

If your using boat browser and swype with your finger middle from your mobile screen to the left your get a hidden side bar appear the bottom right hand icon will put up a bar at bottom of screen with easy navigation icons
4th May 2019, 11:14 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
So far, on my Android 9 device, latest Boat is working mostly as it should.

The main things I noticed so far is:
• Does not persist when you leave the browser without closing it. Before, if I had a tab open, I could switch to another app, then switch back and all my tabs would still be open. Now, if I switch to another app and come back, everything that was open is gone.
• Does not show up in recent apps, but that was also an issue on my old phone with Android 6.0
• Open the bookmakrs or history, long press for the menu to delete or edit or anything else, the closer you are to the top of the list, the less the menu shows and you have to scroll the menu, instead of the menu shifting lower.
5th May 2019, 01:06 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 406

More
to be honest,i never noticed boat browser on recents..Is it safe to use it till days?i think browsers also include security patches..

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 5 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
26th May 2019, 06:13 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Boat Browser user here, too. Sad to see this abandoned, but you could see it coming. The developer had stopped updating this ages ago.

I have not been able to find a good replacement for this, and I've tried loads of alternatives. This is why Boat Browser was awesome:

- ALWAYS VISIBLE TABS (a must)
- Can customise volume keys to cycle through tabs
- Apart from the tab bar, NO other permanent side or bottom bars
- Restores last used tabs on restart
- Great bookmarks manager with home screen speed-dial thumbs
- Can reopen closed tabs

I'd like to find something that has these features.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisali For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lisali Ad-Free
26th May 2019, 08:11 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 406

More
anyone knows the dev?maybe we can contact him.

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi 4 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
27th May 2019, 12:08 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisali

Boat Browser user here, too. Sad to see this abandoned, but you could see it coming. The developer had stopped updating this ages ago.

I have not been able to find a good replacement for this, and I've tried loads of alternatives. This is why Boat Browser was awesome:

- ALWAYS VISIBLE TABS (a must)
- Can customise volume keys to cycle through tabs
- Apart from the tab bar, NO other permanent side or bottom bars
- Restores last used tabs on restart
- Great bookmarks manager with home screen speed-dial thumbs
- Can reopen closed tabs

I'd like to find something that has these features.

That's why I came to this thread. Unfortunately, from what I can tell, no other browsers even come close to having what I want. I like my tabs hidden personally, but very few will do a tab bar which, for me, is an absolute must and means 95% of every recommendation is automatically disqualified.

ABSOLUTE MUST have for me: tab bar with optional full screen, and speed dialer.

Only one I could find that had that, was Dolphin and it was absolutely buggy as hell to the point of unusable in tabbed mode. Even then, I hate the implementation of full screen hidden tabs because you have to drag from the top to reveal, and when you do, they don't go back to hidden, and it's already a PITA to drag from the top for access because 9/10, the phone just pulls the phone's notification panel.

I love the little auto-hiding button that reveals the tabs when in full screen. Nobody else has that.

Simply put, there's absolutely no replacement or alternative for Boat for those who love those features.
17th August 2019, 11:26 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 671

More
Still using it on all my devices since i've never crossed a better one: multi-tabs, gestures, reopen closed tab, speed dial, several user agents, fast rendering and efficient.
Been using latest known version (8.7.8) with premium features, since it's been dropped by the user, i'm sharing it here for you guys to enjoy.
10th September 2019, 01:09 PM |#39  
Flag France
Thanks Meter: 102

Donate to Me
More
Yuzu browser
Best bit browser alternative
Extremely powerful
Digging this one
Excellent finding
Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread