Originally Posted by Freddy1X
Can you make a version of this app for Facebook Pages Manager?
Yeah. Added it to the top post (with a few others).
Sorry guys, I haven't been keeping up with replying due to (a) long day and (b) a headache the size of a small city. I'll go through the messages when I get some time. In the meantime, here's a catch-all:
1. I quickly grabbed a few other Facebook apps (Messenger Lite, a modern copy of Messenger, Pages Manager, Workplace, and Workplace Chat) and signed them with my key. Aside from this, these have no other mods right now. But, the key thing should allow them all to coexist with the patched main FB app. (Facebook configures things so that all apps that are signed with the same key are allowed to share data, so you don't need to log into each one separately). I've updated the top-level post with links.
2. If you are having installation problems, I suggest the following:
* Prior to installing anything, uninstall *all* facebook apps that are actually made by Facebook (otherwise, a possible key / permissions mismatch thing will cause install to fail). Do not uninstall / reinstall FB and Messenger one at a time - uninstall both first (and anything else made by FB).
* Make sure you have enabled installation of apps from unknown sources
* If things are still failing, try installing the APK files via ADB, and if that fails, please post the ADB error output (it's usually more informative than the installer in the phone spits out).
I tried to look into Nougat and how they deal with new APK signing, but this might be a red herring because (a) another user was able to install things fine on Nougat, and (b) from what I can tell, FB's manifest file does not have the v2 signature thing enabled. But I have a gigantic migraine and nothing is quite obvious right now, so I may be wrong.
3. Script / commands for repacking the APK:
apktool d -s facebook.apk
<mess with stuff>
If you edited DEX files, run this stupid-hacky script to update their sha1 hashes in some metadata file:
Put it all back together:
./apktool/apktool b facebook/ -o facebook-lc.apk
jarsigner -keystore <your keystore> facebook-lc.apk <your key>
As always, good luck and have fun