FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

A de-bullshified version of Facebook (less ads, less clutter, less crap)

251 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,188

Post Reply Email Thread
9th April 2017, 01:30 PM |#11  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 307

Donate to Me
More
@evilwombat can you share your script please?
I am using FB v80 patched since all later versions are buggy to me.

9th April 2017, 02:56 PM |#12  
Flag wilmington, de
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Won't Install on 7.0 says package may be corrupt
9th April 2017, 06:11 PM |#13  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I also can't install it. This happens with both apps.

Android 6. Uninstalled both normal versions of Facebook and Messenger.

PS: Cannot post image because spam rules :/ But link this to Imgur
Code:
0JuQyjL.jpg
9th April 2017, 06:13 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
ok so far so good but the transitions animations are kinda buggy and laggy and i cant install messenger Lite it is possible to modify messenger lite to work with Facebook LC
9th April 2017, 10:11 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 400

More
thanks!I ve been searching months now!!!!,but all custom f.b apps I tryied,are all the same!!!crap things,ads,etc..I would reallyyyyy appreciate an option to show ONLY photos from my friends..not pages etc..fb app is really useless to me last months,cause I see 90% of my feed,page feeds,or pages photos or link that my friends liked.also it would be fantastic if ticker list (this news feed on the right when we use PC) that shows mainly what people photos our friends liked or commended,to somehow be seperately implemented.Also it would be extraordinary if u have a feature that hides online status like x messenger privacy xposed module does on original fb app.thank you again for this app.
10th April 2017, 03:34 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 412

More
I have this installed onto my Nougat S7 Edge and everything seems to work as normal. Is there something that can be done about battery life though because I would be pretty happy about cutting down on resources that save battery.
10th April 2017, 04:09 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEc510a

Hi, it has embeedded messenger, like lorantm mod? Post link to test. thanks

I would like to know this too, as well as whether your messenger app does anything to prevent FB from accessing data and contacts on your phone that they use for god knows what. Does it chew up battery as much as the official FB messenger app?
10th April 2017, 05:20 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Would it be possible to completely remove the 'stories' feature through mods for both Facebook and Messenger? It would seriously help considering I'm, and others are stuck using an older version of Messenger to avoid it.
The Following User Says Thank You to darklink987 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darklink987 Ad-Free
10th April 2017, 08:25 AM |#19  
Flag Astral Planet
Thanks Meter: 499

More
Can you make a version of this app for Facebook Pages Manager?

I can't install Pages Manager because the sign was conflicting with your app.

On the other side:

The app kinda feels like... a full app, and that's mean it is nice.
10th April 2017, 11:50 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norcal
Thanks Meter: 2,188

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy1X

Can you make a version of this app for Facebook Pages Manager?

Yeah. Added it to the top post (with a few others).

Sorry guys, I haven't been keeping up with replying due to (a) long day and (b) a headache the size of a small city. I'll go through the messages when I get some time. In the meantime, here's a catch-all:

1. I quickly grabbed a few other Facebook apps (Messenger Lite, a modern copy of Messenger, Pages Manager, Workplace, and Workplace Chat) and signed them with my key. Aside from this, these have no other mods right now. But, the key thing should allow them all to coexist with the patched main FB app. (Facebook configures things so that all apps that are signed with the same key are allowed to share data, so you don't need to log into each one separately). I've updated the top-level post with links.

2. If you are having installation problems, I suggest the following:
* Prior to installing anything, uninstall *all* facebook apps that are actually made by Facebook (otherwise, a possible key / permissions mismatch thing will cause install to fail). Do not uninstall / reinstall FB and Messenger one at a time - uninstall both first (and anything else made by FB).
* Make sure you have enabled installation of apps from unknown sources
* If things are still failing, try installing the APK files via ADB, and if that fails, please post the ADB error output (it's usually more informative than the installer in the phone spits out).

I tried to look into Nougat and how they deal with new APK signing, but this might be a red herring because (a) another user was able to install things fine on Nougat, and (b) from what I can tell, FB's manifest file does not have the v2 signature thing enabled. But I have a gigantic migraine and nothing is quite obvious right now, so I may be wrong.

3. Script / commands for repacking the APK:
apktool d -s facebook.apk
<mess with stuff>

If you edited DEX files, run this stupid-hacky script to update their sha1 hashes in some metadata file:

#!/bin/bash

function hash
{
fn=$1
num=$2

echo "classes$fn.dex `sha1sum unpacked/classes$fn.dex | cut -f 1 -d ' '` secondary.dex$num.Canary" >> $MD
}

MD=unpacked/assets/secondary-program-dex-jars/metadata.txt

echo .root_relative > $MD
echo .locators >> $MD

hash 2 01
hash 3 02
hash 4 03
hash 5 04
hash 6 05
hash 7 06
hash 8 07
hash 9 08
hash 10 09
hash 11 10

Put it all back together:
./apktool/apktool b facebook/ -o facebook-lc.apk

Sign it:
jarsigner -keystore <your keystore> facebook-lc.apk <your key>

As always, good luck and have fun
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evilwombat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evilwombat Ad-Free
10th April 2017, 04:02 PM |#21  
Flag La Serena
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Yup, the scrolling is lagging for me (Mi5s Plus, MIUI 8)
The Following User Says Thank You to Oliver94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oliver94 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)