FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

A de-bullshified version of Facebook (less ads, less clutter, less crap)

251 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,188

Post Reply Email Thread
10th April 2017, 04:02 PM |#21  
Flag La Serena
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Yup, the scrolling is lagging for me (Mi5s Plus, MIUI 8)
The Following User Says Thank You to Oliver94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oliver94 Ad-Free

10th April 2017, 07:20 PM |#22  
Yeah s7 users who are not rooted can't install this because Facebook is pre installed .
10th April 2017, 10:20 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norcal

More
Scrolling will be laggy on the first few uses, as the feed cache is refilled (because the app was reinstalled). This is normal for the FB app. I imagine why it would be happening otherwise.

If you click 'Like' on an article, you might notice a very tiny shift in the item below it, as the app tries to show you follow-up garbage (which is disabled) but there's a few pixels of padding that don't line up. I actually kind of like this behavior though.

Not sure what can be done about devices with FB pre-installed, aside from rooting. Trying to replace a system app is "hard", so I guess that's Android security at work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evilwombat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evilwombat Ad-Free
10th April 2017, 10:52 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 400

More
also forgot to mention...why sooo many garbage postings from friends and stranges to pages?this is crazy!now I see why people are lead to instagram..
10th April 2017, 10:53 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norcal

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos25k

also forgot to mention...why sooo many garbage postings from friends and stranges to pages?this is crazy!now I see why people are lead to instagram..

You can do the whole "click the triangle" thing and click on "see fewer posts like this". It may do something.
10th April 2017, 11:31 PM |#26  

More
thanks dude.I have clicked this maybe over 100 times..for some reason I see most pages posts that my friends liked.I fed up with fb as I cant see the 90% of my friends photos..I remember only friendcaster app had this option,but I think is abandomed..Anyway thanks all for your time and we hope at least an option to see only photos will be added.
10th April 2017, 11:39 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norcal

More
Hmm. Actually, one way to prevents seeing interactions with page posts is to hide all posts from that page. It may take a while to build up the blacklist, but that's how I've blocked most political idiocy from my feed.

Because we're patching an existing app, adding complex logic is kind of tough. I guess I should revisit the whole smali thing - if I can find a way to inject my own code blocks (rather than do spot patching of individual instructions), I know of a place in the app that can be hooked to filter out feed stories. But, invoking a java function with nothing but a hex editor is a little beyond my ability right now
The Following User Says Thank You to evilwombat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evilwombat Ad-Free
11th April 2017, 04:19 AM |#28  
Flag Cebu City
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Downloading. Thank you for this.

PS. How do we know if you updated the app?
The Following User Says Thank You to 24imelqui For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 24imelqui Ad-Free
11th April 2017, 05:47 AM |#29  

More
Fortunatelly x messenger xposed moduke works both with your apps!Also I dont have this stupid my day integrated on messenger!But I have also my day off xposed module,maybe this makes the work...
But instread I just saw the stupid people you may know list..
The Following User Says Thank You to kos25k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kos25k Ad-Free
11th April 2017, 06:33 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norcal

More
Hmm. I haven't really thought about update notifications. I guess I'll update the top-level post, for when that happens.

I decided to leave the "people you may know" posts alone, because they're sometimes useful and they don't advertise a paid product. If you want to get rid of them yourself, kill the 'pymk' resources.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to evilwombat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evilwombat Ad-Free
11th April 2017, 02:46 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Had to uninstall as both apps kept crashing, cleared data/cache

The only thing I changed was main storage as sd card to internal, which shouldn't break apps

Tried to reinstall facebook and it wont install, hopefully be updated so can test it again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)