FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

A de-bullshified version of Facebook (less ads, less clutter, less crap)

264 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,474

Post Reply Email Thread
8th November 2019, 10:46 PM |#3261  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwombat

Hello hello. Minor update - the Video tab ("Watch" tab?) seems to have reared its ugly head, complete with red notification badges for things I never cared about in the first place, which Facebook wants me to care about because they're trying to grow their video platform. Sigh.... I thought I had taken care of this (like I did with the Marketplace tab) and yet the Video tab is back. I guess they weren't pushing this to me when I made the 16.1 release, so I had no way to test the patch for the Video tab... but after a minor tweak, that patch is working again.

This is a minor update to the 16.1 experimental release, but I'll leave it in a post for a few days, before updating the top post. If you actually like the Video tab, it should be fine to stay on 16.1.
facebook-lc-v16.2.apk

As for the compatibility/installation issues, hmmm. The base APK that I used for this release was labelled as being for "Android 5.1" on apkmirror (or so I remember, anyway), but looking more closely, it looks like the APK requires minimum API level 26, which corresponds to Android 8.0. This unfortunately leaves a lot of older devices in the dark. I've been meaning to go back to using the Android 4.1 version as the base APK, but they are using a new "redex" format for packaging the DEX files, and between work, work, startup life, work, more work, and the revent PG&E power outages, I have not had any time to try to reverse-engineer this yet. Some things about it seem straightforward, but there seems to be a lot of extra data that goes with the DEX files, and I'm not quite sure what to do with it. When I have some time, maybe I can take a look. In the meantime, the previous release should continue to work for Android 4.1+ devices. Yes, the "new UI" has a new color scheme, but you really aren't missing anything.

As always, have fun, and good luck!
-evilwombat

Thank you. But like v16.1 parsing error on android 7.1.
9th November 2019, 12:03 AM |#3262  
Flag Imus, Cavite
Thanks Meter: 671

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinoca

Android 6.0.1 not compatible, Problem with Parsing Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminjomaa13

Read it whole you'll know why
9th November 2019, 05:20 AM |#3263  
Flag Tamilnadu
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym

Read it whole you'll know why

Ya I Know its only compatible with Android 8+, I was just post this just for the Info only
9th November 2019, 05:30 AM |#3264  
Flag Kildare
Thanks Meter: 195

More
No video tab which is good.

Still can't interact with anything in groups and profiles listed under albums here.

Overall seems stable in 16.2 but needs a few days to be sure.

Sent from my OnePlus 6 using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191109-062823.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	4870517  
9th November 2019, 06:02 AM |#3265  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Here you go. Working for 7.1.1
https://www103.zippyshare.com/v/vlsTQKZO/file.html

Seems to be running fine. Only issue I've come across so far. The icon for the APK is a generic android one. Tried replacing but keeps reverting back to the generic icon. Use nova launcher to change the launcher icon.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20191109-155615.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	4870555  
9th November 2019, 02:55 PM |#3266  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Hi, any way to bring the sort button in the marketplace? It should be at the bottom of the screen - see screenshot
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20191109-135208_Facebook.png
Views:	592
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	4870875  
9th November 2019, 05:22 PM |#3267  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Finally a clean version of FB I've been looking for this, I hate the extra stuff that the official has and also the useless updates that didn't really make anything better. I don't want to offend anyone but I just wanna say that I hope this doesn't leak our info's or anything, other than that everything's working and the bugs that the others reported doesn't really bother me so it's fine. Great work.
11th November 2019, 01:04 AM |#3268  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
For the record, the current lc-16.2 is based on Facebook 242.0.0.43.119 (176515213) (arm-v7a) (360-480dpi) (Android 8.0+).
Latest lc-Messenger, Facebook Messenger 236.0.0.14.120 (176465023) (arm-v7a) (360-640dpi) (Android 5.0+).
Cheers. Btw, great work.
The Following User Says Thank You to deggar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deggar Ad-Free
11th November 2019, 08:29 AM |#3269  
Thanks Meter: 1,130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwombat

facebook-lc-v16.2.apk

As for the compatibility/installation issues,

-evilwombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakenabarion

Still can't interact with anything in groups and profiles listed under albums here.

@evilwombat if it's not much trouble, can you look into below 4 things to make this version rock-solid for long run ?
  1. We can't interact with anything in groups and profiles listed under albums. (Can't open Pics in Albums )
  2. Sharing Pic form post to External like Whatsapp is also not working
  3. (Option next to GIF for new comment) Comment Strikers are not loading
  4. Sometimes stories are visible "in-line"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinoca

Android 6.0.1 not compatible, Problem with Parsing Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminjomaa13

For compatibility with previous version of android, users can try to use apps like https://appcloner.app/ or similar, as they have option to decrease minimum android requirement from my previous experience at modding. Though i won't be able to help much as i haven't done it for a long time but just play with the settings when you press clone and see if you can get something useful. You may need premium version of AppCloner which you can buy it or find it from somewhere. Do share outcome here for others.
11th November 2019, 03:20 PM |#3270  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The latest versions on Facebook on here are working good but the only bug i am seeing is stickers are not showing in comments, just an empty box. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pantermann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pantermann Ad-Free
11th November 2019, 03:23 PM |#3271  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantermann

The latest Facebook versions on Facebook on here are working good but the only bug i am seeing is stickers are not showing in comments, just an empty box. Thanks.

I get the boxes too but only with some stickers and only if the stickers are included with text. If the sticker is just a sticker its fine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)