FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

A de-bullshified version of Facebook (less ads, less clutter, less crap)

267 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,555

Post Reply Email Thread
27th November 2019, 10:53 PM |#3331  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sab3elbromba

Nop, nothing came preinstalled, however the play store Facebook app and messenger app were previously installed but I've removed them a while back.

Ok then thats preinstalled. If they were on the phone when you bought it then they were preinstalled. Odds are something from them is left over and they are keeping this from installing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
28th November 2019, 08:29 AM |#3332  
Flag New Cairo, EG
Thanks Meter: 75

More
I've finally found the culprit, I had workplace installed for work and it's another version of Facebook, once I removed it and installed the version of FB in the OP it worked like a charm

I have installed the workplace app that has been signed with the test-key and it worked nicely too, however the workplace chat URL for the version signed with the test-key is not working, can someone sign the workplace chat with test-key and upload it please ?
29th November 2019, 03:39 PM |#3333  
Flag Ahmedabad-Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 67

More
I get error 100 subcode 33 when I tap on any groups by searching its name. Any remedy or workaround?

TIA
1st December 2019, 10:25 PM |#3334  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great app! Love your work. "Suggested for you" posts are still showing on Samsung s9. Any suggestions for how I can fix this?
3rd December 2019, 02:15 AM |#3335  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Latest FB ver. dosesn't show the photos uploaded in the comments section for each post. Just to let you know.
3rd December 2019, 05:27 PM |#3336  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Trying to install the modded Messenger v236 and getting an error:

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_DUPLICATE_PERMISSION: Package com.facebook.orca attempting to redeclare permission com.facebook.permission.prod.FB_APP_COMMUNICATION already owned by com.facebook.katana]

I can't revoke the permission. This is a freshly factory reset Galaxy s8+ running android Oreo. What can I do to fix the permission?

Edit: fixed, installed then removed official Facebook app and permission is fixed
The Following User Says Thank You to godlyatheist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift godlyatheist Ad-Free
7th December 2019, 03:58 PM |#3337  

More
Still showing suggested posts. But app is nice. Thanks. İt here any control panel in this app? You should add i guess
8th December 2019, 04:35 PM |#3338  

More
You disable running in the background?
Can you disable running in the background?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike233322 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mike233322 Ad-Free
8th December 2019, 05:53 PM |#3339  
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Android 10 forced dark mod showing white on link and comment section..
Anyone know how to fix it?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-12-08-22-51-04-947_com.facebook.katana.jpg
Views:	1426
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	4896871  
8th December 2019, 05:57 PM |#3340  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norcal
Thanks Meter: 2,555

More
"Suggested posts" are something you'll get on "low engagement" accounts. They "technically" aren't sponsored posts or "special" posts, so they don't hit any of the usual places I patch. I was seeing them for a while and was trying to get rid of them, but then I started having trouble reproducing them, which makes this a lot more difficult... maybe it is something I can address in the future. Startup life is still in "crazy mode" but I can get some time here and there.

That said, I've been testing out a more patched version of Messenger for the past few weeks. It still only tries to block ads in the inbox, but the main thing I am trying to fix is the (utterly obnoxious) update nags, which I have mentioned in some previous posts. I have an experimental patch for them, which seems to have been working for the past few weeks. So, either I managed to fix the nags, or they just haven't started popping up yet. But we won't know until we try

Here's the new Messenger APK:
messenger-v241.2.apk

(I'll go update the top post, too).

Anyway, as always, have fun and good luck!
-evilwombat
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to evilwombat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evilwombat Ad-Free
8th December 2019, 07:41 PM |#3341  
Flag Salisbury, Md
Thanks Meter: 2,352

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBD

Android 10 forced dark mod showing white on link and comment section..
Anyone know how to fix it?

I'd think you'd have to wait for Facebook to fix that on their end, especially since dark mode isn't official yet or even available to everyone on 10 to test.
The Following User Says Thank You to JRJ442 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JRJ442 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)