FORUMS

A de-bullshified version of Facebook (less ads, less clutter, less crap)

267 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,570

Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2020, 03:51 AM |#3451  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
"Getting rid of social garbage". Isn't that everything XD
13th February 2020, 04:15 PM |#3452  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjoel

MOD EDIT: Quote removed.

Thank you. Our samsung phones are stock, no root. Many us versions not have root for oreo or pie.

In my old rooted phone, is easy debloat all traces of FB, and install this apk. i know and used this app for some time.

In this same forum, i read several times ( for no rooted users) , that we can change package name of the apk with apk editor pro. already tried so many times, parse error on install. Tried app cloner, can install it but can't login, get login error "illegalargumentexception" for url.........

So, if its possible change package name without root, How?? please. or can some one change the package name with lucky patcher on a rooted phone ( com.facebook.katana to com.facebook.catana) , and upload it?

If not possible, many of us may stop asking how to, this is only for rooted phones, and some not rooted ( that doen'ts have FB as a system app ).

ALREADY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!, A WORKING FB IN A NOT ROOTED SAMSUNG PHONE ( WITH FB INSTALLED AS A SYSTEM APP ).

With APP CLONER, here is how too:

- install app cloner, press folder icon in the left, to select APK, press + button and chose "From a file", and chosse the downloaded apk.
- Facebook will open in apk section, in the options, select "Storage Options", and select "Redirect external storage", and select enable.
- go back, and select "Cloning Options", select "Skip native libraries".
- go back, and press de blue button on top to build a new cloned apk, let the app install the new apk.

IMPORTANT: dont change the package name, i got login error.

You can disable or uninstall ( with adb ) the facebook app.

I think i can upload the apk .
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fjoel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fjoel Ad-Free
14th February 2020, 02:21 PM |#3453  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
That worked for me, although the app is showing suggested posts
15th February 2020, 03:30 PM |#3454  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No Luck
I don't know what else to try, just give me a link and I will read, learn and try,

So far I uninstalled with ADB, and tried installing the APK regularly. No luck, installation failed.
Now I tried installing with ADB and I get the same message:
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE: Package com.facebook.katana signatures do not match previously installed version; ignoring!]

I have no Facebook installed, it came with stock, but I removed it "for my user",
It won't allow me to uninstall for all users.
I have NO ROOT, Android 10, and a Note 9 SM-N9600 Snapdragon,

EDIT: Just tried fjoel's post from 2 posts ago, IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!,
Won't work for MESSENGER though, it installs but doesn't launch,
17th February 2020, 04:24 PM |#3455  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Any chance for updates? My only complain about this is when I view the comments section it says 100 comments but only show not even half of it and the sticker comments are not loading it's just empty white. Other than that this is amazing mod only Home and Notification are on the top panel. Most junks like Marketplace and People you may know are gone too. Great work but this needs some update thanks 😍
19th February 2020, 08:05 AM |#3456  
Flag Gent, Belgium
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jctmobz26

Any chance for updates? My only complain about this is when I view the comments section it says 100 comments but only show not even half of it and the sticker comments are not loading it's just empty white. Other than that this is amazing mod only Home and Notification are on the top panel. Most junks like Marketplace and People you may know are gone too. Great work but this needs some update thanks 😍

If happens even on the latest official FB app so you have to blame FB for that 😉
21st February 2020, 10:33 AM |#3458  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariasLuc

Please update Facebook and Messager

Please don't ask for updates. It's rude to the developer. They have lives too
21st February 2020, 12:15 PM |#3459  
Thanks Meter: 170

More
With latest version Facebook dark mod working please update so we can use dark mod..
21st February 2020, 12:16 PM |#3460  
Flag Imus, Cavite
Thanks Meter: 695

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBD

With latest version Facebook dark mod working please update so we can use dark mod..

Do you know how to read?
21st February 2020, 04:47 PM |#3461  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBD

where did you see it black?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)