FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[App][4.4+] Charge Monitor 1.1.1

453 posts
Thanks Meter: 228

By waterdaan, Senior Member on 12th February 2017, 09:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Looking for some people that could test this before uploading it to the playstore

The main goal of the app, as the name reveals is to monitor your battery when you're charging

* capacity (%)
* current (mA)
* voltage (dV/mV)
* temperature (°C/°F)

and show that in a nice graph

Please post the model of your phone and if possible a screenshot of the graph.

Thanks for your help!

Change log
Version 1.1.0
  • Fixed bugs
  • Add log, to make it easier to send feedback
  • Refresh graph while charging
  • Show time to full in graph
  • Power supply in alphabetical order
  • Hide Power supply from settings if it isn't readable (Before installing the new version, disable show power supply if it isn't readable because it won't be in the settings anymore!!)
Version 1.1.1 bugfix
  • Graph updates when it shouldn't
  • Graph not hiding navigation bar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170212-164840.png
Views:	5530
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	4039256   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170212-164907.png
Views:	5510
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	4039257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170211-223724.png
Views:	5678
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	4039258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170213-123818.png
Views:	5240
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	4039774   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170213-085335.jpg
Views:	5106
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	4039781  
Attached Files
File Type: apk ChargeMonitorXDA.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.15 MB, 4936 views)
File Type: apk ChargeMonitorXDA.1.1.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.15 MB, 144 views)
File Type: apk ChargeMonitorXDA.1.1.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.15 MB, 2454 views)
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to waterdaan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift waterdaan Ad-Free

12th February 2017, 10:13 PM |#2  
Flag Salon-de-Provence
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Will test it today. Report tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gazatus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gazatus Ad-Free
13th February 2017, 05:10 AM |#3  
Flag Salon-de-Provence

More
Works. No error. But quit useless, i don't know how i could use these data ^^ can i export them into xls file ? Can't remove notification.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gazatus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gazatus Ad-Free
13th February 2017, 07:12 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thanks for this. Any chance to measure battery cycles?
13th February 2017, 11:49 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billubakra

Thanks for this. Any chance to measure battery cycles?

Yes, enable Show sys/class/power_supply in the app settings.
And have a look at sys/class/power_supply/battery, there you'll see battery_cycle.

I don't know why but I can't seem to add a screenshot to this post, see the first post for the screenshots.
The Following User Says Thank You to waterdaan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift waterdaan Ad-Free
13th February 2017, 12:14 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazatus

Works. No error. But quit useless, i don't know how i could use these data ^^ can i export them into xls file ? Can't remove notification.

Thanks for your response.
While the app is gathering data you'll see a notification so you know that it's working in the background and yes you can't dismiss that notification.
With the data you'll be able to keep track of your battery temperature, the lower, the better for the longevity of your battery. Or you could compare different ways of charging your device, fast/slow, plugged/wireless.

I'm putting exporting the data on my to-do list.

Could you tell me the model of your phone and post a screenshot of the graph?
Thanks again!
13th February 2017, 02:07 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdaan

Yes, enable Show sys/class/power_supply in the app settings.
And have a look at sys/class/power_supply/battery, there you'll see battery_cycle.

I don't know why but I can't seem to add a screenshot to this post, see the first post for the screenshots.

Will do and will get back to you.
16th February 2017, 01:24 PM |#8  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 126

More
i just installed it, will test soon. but at first sight, i see a minor visual mistake in the settings, where the top bar is too tall when it doesn't include tabs, not according to material design guidelines
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170216-142201.png
Views:	878
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	4043432  
The Following User Says Thank You to bombaglad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bombaglad Ad-Free
16th February 2017, 03:05 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,370

More
Quote:

lol...first of all this so rude to say something like this. And this app can be so useful to use while you are checking your chargers and charging cycles etc. If you can not contribute something then stop cluttering the app threads. Its like you can move on and please don't bother to reply
The Following User Says Thank You to methuselah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift methuselah Ad-Free
16th February 2017, 03:11 PM |#10  
Flag Salon-de-Provence

More
Quote:

Hi, it wasn't an attack, i did a test and tell what i though. There no "tutorial" in the app so i was wondering what could i do. Don't judge too fast boy

PS: tested on Sony Z3 - marshmallow
16th February 2017, 03:44 PM |#11  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Just installed on my Oneplus 2, running oxygenos 3.5.6
Everything seems to be ok, except that there are no units showing next to the numbers. Also, current shows too many numbers, seems to be showing μA instead of mA.
I can provide screenshots or anything else if needed for help

Thanks for the app of course!

Edit: Both aforementioned issues seem to be present on a friend's LG G2 as well.
Edit 2: After the 15% calibration passed and phone charged, everything is ok. Numbers are normal, units show up, so cheers again for the app!
The Following User Says Thank You to AndStuff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndStuff Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery analysis, battery android charging, charge

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)