Thanks Meter: 6,926

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivabhaskar

Device Information:
Manufacturer: Swipe
Model Name: Swipe Elite Plus
Android Version: 5.0.2
Operating System: Freedom O.S (built on top of Android 5.0.2)

Hi @oasisfeng

I am a Greenify Donation Package user and I am planning to install Island, the only purpose being to Freeze system apps that are waking up very very often (like Google Play Store, Google Play Music, YouTube, Google Maps, etc).

So, if my understanding is correct, I believe I should be good to go good as long as I am able to use only the God mode.

However, when I open Island, the app says:
"Sorry, the required "Multi-User" feature is not supported on this device"

In addition, since my device is a custom Android 5.0.2, it does not come encrypted either.

So, my only workaround seems to be to setup Island manually.

Question 1:
Since my only requirement is to freeze apps, is it possible for me to setup and use only the God mode? (without needing to setup the normal mode later).
If your answer is No, which one should I proceed to setup first, God mode or Normal mode? Should I still proceed with setting up the God mode first? (given my device's limitations as mentioned above)

Also, to quote two of your posts,

Question 2:
In my Android 5.0.2, in the system Settings app, I don't have an option called Users. I only have an option called Accounts, which has accounts like Google, etc.,. listed inside of it. Since my device does NOT list a Guest User like you have pointed out above, should I remove all accounts, including my primary Google account, before I proceed to manually setup God mode?
I see that you have mentioned to remove only users (and not accounts), but I am wondering if I should instead remove all accounts as my device is not listing any USERS.

1. Yes, you can just set up Island in God mode only, and create the separate Island space any time later.
2. You need to remove both all accounts and all users before setting up God mode if your device is not rooted. Some device models may have Users section positioned elsewhere, you need to find that in the system Settings. (or it's nowhere if your device does not support multi-users at all)
The Following User Says Thank You to oasisfeng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oasisfeng Ad-Free

9th November 2018, 07:27 AM |#1002  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
God Mode with Greenify Deep Hiberation
@oasisfeng Thank you for replying

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisfeng

1. Yes, you can just set up Island in God mode only, and create the separate Island space any time later.

Okay. For now, my requirement is only to freeze system apps using Greenify's Deep Hibernation option . Is it a must to create the separate island space (later) for God mode to work? Meaning, can I use God mode alone, without ever setting up the normal mode (even later)?

Quote:

2. You need to remove both all accounts and all users before setting up God mode if your device is not rooted. Some device models may have Users section positioned elsewhere, you need to find that in the system Settings. (or it's nowhere if your device does not support multi-users at all)

Okay. My device does not have the Users section anywhere under System Settings. It is non-rooted and is also not encrypted. Also, when I open Island as of now, it says:
"Sorry, the required Multi-User feature is not supported on this device"
So, it looks like my device does not support multi-users at all. So, this would mean I could proceed setting up the God mode after removing all accounts. Correct?
10th November 2018, 08:47 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Can we please have an option to temporarily unfreeze all apps to allow Play Store find app updates?
The Following User Says Thank You to sunsero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sunsero Ad-Free
14th November 2018, 06:02 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Installed on oneplus 6t OOS 9.0.5
But after uninstalled the native parallel apps no longer working, it's launching same app
I tried with nova and native launcher...same problem πŸ˜£πŸ˜”

Any help to make the parallel apps working again?
______
EDIT :- it's working after wipe catch from recovery 😁
____
14th November 2018, 11:59 PM |#1005  
Flag Chennai

More
Question Waiting for your reply :)
@oasisfeng I am waiting for your reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivabhaskar

@oasisfeng Thank you for replying

Quote:

Okay. For now, my requirement is only to freeze system apps using Greenify's Deep Hibernation option . Is it a must to create the separate island space (later) for God mode to work? Meaning, can I use God mode alone, without ever setting up the normal mode (even later)?

Quote:

Okay. My device does not have the Users section anywhere under System Settings. It is non-rooted and is also not encrypted. Also, when I open Island as of now, it says:
"Sorry, the required Multi-User feature is not supported on this device"
So, it looks like my device does not support multi-users at all. So, this would mean I could proceed setting up the God mode after removing all accounts. Correct?

15th November 2018, 11:03 AM |#1006  

More
How to access root permission from main land to island?

Edit:-
Solved - just change magisk>setting>Multiuser mode>Device Owner Only to Device Owner Managed.

Thats it... You will get root access to island 🀸🀸
15th November 2018, 03:47 PM |#1007  

More
Is there any way to get root in island??
15th November 2018, 10:04 PM |#1008  
Flag Jekardah
Thanks Meter: 19

More
@oasisfeng sorry noob questions, where is database location for island?
16th November 2018, 01:52 PM |#1009  
Flag Ao Nang, Krabi
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagandeep007

Is there any way to get root in island??

If you're using Magisk, you should enable multi user support in settings and come Magisk manager to island.
As is explained in the post right above yours.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

I have cloned Google photos to island with the intention that it would only see the photos in the island workspace, but it sees all media and device folders.

Is there any way to lock it to the island workspace?
19th November 2018, 06:52 AM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Not work for facebook
Sometimes it not work on my facebook accounts, i can't use another account on island.
20th November 2018, 12:42 PM |#1011  
Flag Southern California

More
Does anyone know how to reverse/undo God mode?

I've searched thru the first 15 pages and last 10 pages as well as performed a search within the thread and couldn't find a solution. Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)