FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.0+][BETA] Island - app freezing, privacy protection, parallel accounts

1,355 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,926
 
Post Reply Email Thread
29th August 2016, 06:32 AM |#101  
Senior Member
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 252
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraml

Anyone know why app in island is not able to write external sdcard /Android/data/<package name> folder? It is OK when not in island. Is this a work profile limitation or something need to be configured?

Hmm may i know which apps? I have game installed in island and don't have any issues. I could see the games able to create folder and files under sdcard /Android/data/<game_package_name>
 
 
29th August 2016, 07:21 AM |#102  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadi_rena

Hmm may i know which apps? I have game installed in island and don't have any issues. I could see the games able to create folder and files under sdcard /Android/data/<game_package_name>

Could you check for sure your game save files on _external_ sdcard? I have no problem make my app in island save on _internal_ (aka emulated) sdcard.

I've tested three apps, two map apps, one online music streaming app. All of them allow user to select whether large data files should be saved on internal or external sdcard, as their files are really large. They all have such problem when running in island, but none have any issue accessing external sdcard outside of island.

One app for example:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tonavi.minimap

It's an Chinese map, not sure whether it has English UI translation or not...
29th August 2016, 07:29 AM |#103  
Senior Member
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 252
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraml

Could you check for sure your game save files on _external_ sdcard? I have no problem make my app in island save on _internal_ (aka emulated) sdcard.

I've tested three apps, two map apps, one online music streaming app. All of them allow user to select whether large data files should be saved on internal or external sdcard, as their files are really large. They all have such problem when running in island, but none have any issue accessing external sdcard outside of island.

One app for example:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tonavi.minimap

It's an Chinese map, not sure whether it has English UI translation or not...

Ops I misunderstood about external SD card. I think it was internal SD card you talk about. My phone doesn't have external SD card. But my opinion about external SD Card access maybe limited for work profile.
29th September 2016, 01:28 PM |#104  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Cannot create work profile.
am getting this message scrnsht

Am on G906S marshmallow, is this a touchwiz issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-09-29-14-23-31.png
Views:	584
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	3889769  
9th October 2016, 09:03 AM |#105  
endebe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Graz
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Great idea. Works good. Is there a possibility to get the contacts I sync in the normal profile without a new syncing in the island profile?

And second question for me is, will Greenify work also with the island?

For now I have to sync my contacts again in the island.

How the apps in Island can get SMS? The message pops up in my main profile, but for example Signal can't read. Am I missing something?

I hope really for further development of this great app. So I don't have to use any app cloning app anymore on my DualSim device.

Gesendet von meinem E6883 mit Tapatalk
10th October 2016, 03:52 AM |#106  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I don't trust many of the apps, and I plan to put them into island. But one of the problem I've got is that they can still read my imei number, can I prevent this? Or can island provide solution for this in the future release(maybe generate a random imei)?
10th October 2016, 05:46 AM |#107  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
So far a single attempt to open and use on latest Evervolv N from 10 05 I think on HP TouchPad and used root skip encryption option and ended up with a forced reboot. Will try again later.
11th October 2016, 04:35 PM |#108  
Senior Member
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 252
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Chu

I don't trust many of the apps, and I plan to put them into island. But one of the problem I've got is that they can still read my imei number, can I prevent this? Or can island provide solution for this in the future release(maybe generate a random imei)?

You nees 3rd party apps or xposed module to spoof imei. I don't think island will capable such feature since island using android for work. Cmiiw.
16th October 2016, 09:40 AM |#109  
jerryn70's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 461
 
More
When will be the public release ?
I'm waiting for a long time
19th October 2016, 06:37 AM |#110  
SeanFromSoCal's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Oasisfeng, great job with Island. Your non-root ABD method works perfectly. A couple questions when you get a chance:
  1. Do you know when you'll be able to do update Greenify to support Island'd apps? The color code for frozen/active apps is a very clear indicator but I'd love to automate the hibernation like I have with all the other Greenify'd apps. BTW I'm a donator.
  2. Is there any way to support modifying Permissions in App info for apps only installed in Island? I'd love to still have the flexibility to lock down those apps as well as the non-Island installs.
  3. For apps installed only in Island, how are updates handled? I see an Island version of the Play store but it doesn't open. The non-Island Play Store doesn't show any of the Island-only installed apps as installed.

Thanks in advance.
19th October 2016, 09:31 AM |#111  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanFromSoCal

Oasisfeng, great job with Island. Your non-root ABD method works perfectly. A couple questions when you get a chance:

Do you know when you'll be able to do update Greenify to support Island'd apps? The color code for frozen/active apps is a very clear indicator but I'd love to automate the hibernation like I have with all the other Greenify'd apps. BTW I'm a donator.
Is there any way to support modifying Permissions in App info for apps only installed in Island? I'd love to still have the flexibility to lock down those apps as well as the non-Island installs.
For apps installed only in Island, how are updates handled? I see an Island version of the Play store but it doesn't open. The non-Island Play Store doesn't show any of the Island-only installed apps as installed.


Thanks in advance.

For your first point you actually can add Greenify to island then you can hibernate the app in island
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes