[APP][5.0+][BETA] Island - app freezing, privacy protection, parallel accounts

1,355 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,926

Post Reply Email Thread
1st August 2019, 09:38 PM |#1281  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
apps launched from workprofile not listed in recents
hi, first really thanks a lot for developing this nice app i have it on my s10 stock rooted and it works great but i have an issue and it wasnt before root and its the apps launched from island even without it's ui (launched from workspace tab) are not listed in recents screen so if i want to go back to use a previous app i got to get into the launcher or the island app and open it again. the app is still running on background and if i want to sabe battery/ram/CPU it's not a problem because i can deactivate workprofile in quicksettings but it would be nice and time saving if recents could list'em, even split screen or multiwindow gets a little complicated because te only way to make it work in split screen is open the other app first and search for the in-island app and to make it multiwindow got to drag from the upcorner which sometimes takes some tries.

Without this, the app runs just like suposed to do even if it's running the 3 profiles before root (own, securedfolder and island) and after root keep working and auto installing with root method. Amazing work keep it up and thanks for the the oportunity to try the beta and for having this app!

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabudeva005

I read your disclaimer. So i'm not a coder or a pro like you guys (awesome work with the app). So when can normal people like me can use the app without bricking or bootloop?

just give it a try. i'm a simple user like you and the app it's really stable. just follow the steps guide. The app never make my phone bootloop or brick. But sometimes to make it work you got to wipe/factoryreset and if you want to go with god mode and later don't want it anymore probably you will lose your data (or not if you are rooted)

2nd August 2019, 10:08 PM |#1282  
Flag Quilmes, Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Thank you for this amazing Apk! I have a question, since there are some many infected apks, can we SAFELY tray them on the islad? for eg I install the one (i donΒ΄t remember the name) wich encrypt my data and ask for money to have the control back, does it infects only the island or the whole cell phone?
3rd August 2019, 02:58 AM |#1283  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Root status within island
I have a rooted device. If I put an app like Titanium Backup in island, it won't start because when it verifies root status it shows as unrooted.

Is there a way to get .magisk or the like to give superuser privaledges to island apps? As far as I can tell, .magisk, like Titanium Backup cannot access root.

On a possibly related issue, how come I can't run an SMS messages app within Island and have it become default for SMS?

Thank you.
3rd August 2019, 06:40 AM |#1284  
Flag Spirit River
Thanks Meter: 342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintep

I have a rooted device. If I put an app like Titanium Backup in island, it won't start because when it verifies root status it shows as unrooted.

Is there a way to get .magisk or the like to give superuser privaledges to island apps? As far as I can tell, .magisk, like Titanium Backup cannot access root.

On a possibly related issue, how come I can't run an SMS messages app within Island and have it become default for SMS?

Thank you.

In magisk, go to settings, multi user mode, and change it to a different option.
4th August 2019, 08:59 PM |#1285  
Flag Berne
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Still maintained?
Dear all
I just recently stumbled upon this project. The described featurs are marvellous, and I think, more and more people will care for their data in the future.
Is this project still maintained?
Can't install it on a rooted Pie ROM, but that's not a blame or question (have to read myself more indeep), just the cause for the question in here.
Kind greetz from Switzerland - Chris
5th August 2019, 10:51 AM |#1286  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kony646

Hi
Im trying to use island but when the app try to create a work profile it "fails" and just let me "setup island with root" (im not root of my device).
I install the app a few weeks ago and i could use it, but after i unistall it it fails
Im using an OnePlus 5T with android 9 and Oxygen 9.0.3

Thanks

did destroyed island before uninstall? if answer is no, yo got to
pm remove-user "user_id"
user_id is the use given for the island probably 10

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kony646

When im trying to use

pm install -r /data/app/com.oasisfeng.island-1/base.apk

console said "Can't open file"

I has this issue and just deleted to .../com.oasisfeng.island and presa tab to autocomplete solved the issue

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64Chris

I have a rooted moto g5+ installed Island. Tried to uninstall it, and it leaves multiple icons with the island mark on them in my apps drawer. Reinstalled/uninstalled it -now it won't open at all. How do I get rid of all the island Apps with their icons from my app drawer?

Maybe
pm remove-user user_id

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooledi

Anyone Can make SPLIT SCREEN apps/games both ACTIVE "AT THE SAME TIME"? like running 2 games main & island without freezing either one.

Thanks!

if you have a samsung device try multistar module of goodlock if you are in an unsupported region tray nicelock
only know it because i got a Samsung i don't know how to do it with other phones

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP410

So if I use a browser that has been sandboxed, would that be the same as using one on a VM? Of I encountered a virus on said browser, would my main OS be safe and only the SD card the cloned browser is on be affected? If so, would the SD need to be formatted as portable?

i think island can't work in adoptable storage because it use workspace profile and i think this can't work this way

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzombhiee

Well i'm check hide root from apps, then repack magisk with random name, but my apps still detect my root

repack magisk manager, hide robot for apps, clone it and if you got xposed from a magisk module (i have rirus one) in my case never got a problem with it

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFire1024

Code:
adb shell settings put global device_provisioned 1
to potentially enable developer settings.

mock locations works with apps outside island? because it does you don't need to set anything in island (mockapp need to work outside island, i think you ar trying to hide it because it doesn't work outside try smalipatcher)
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuytl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chuytl Ad-Free
6th August 2019, 08:59 AM |#1287  
Hi I was using island ages ago but stopped as it started causing problems on my Huawei Mate 20 X. The issue is once I create an island it breaks all sharing on my phone. E.g. if I try and share a photo the photo app crashes, if I try to share a pdf the same etc. I also found the app clone function from mainland to island doesn't work. Does anyone know how I might fix this?

When I remove the island/work profile everything starts working properly again.
11th August 2019, 06:56 AM |#1288  
Flag bendigo
Thanks Meter: 99

More
This app is great! Magisk canary would not hide my ISP app but island solved the issue on my Nokia 6.1 on pie πŸ€—

I needed the app to pay my bill. Thanx alot, for this wonder ul app. πŸ‘πŸ‘
Yesterday, 05:55 PM |#1289  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
hi, I want to uninstall the app, it let me destroy the mainland but when I go to destroy the island, it does nothing, even when I select "repair the island" it does nothing and not shows any notification. Is there another way to uninstall the island?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk
Yesterday, 09:18 PM |#1290  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
You are a genius @oasisfeng
Today, 01:41 PM |#1291  
Quote:
Originally Posted by elraffa

hi, I want to uninstall the app, it let me destroy the mainland but when I go to destroy the island, it does nothing, even when I select "repair the island" it does nothing and not shows any notification. Is there another way to uninstall the island?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

On your phone go to settings, find work profiles and delete the work profile
The Following User Says Thank You to ooMoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ooMoo Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)